Author Topic: Ratman and Murphy are OUT!!! Good riddance.  (Read 2128 times)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Ratman and Murphy are OUT!!! Good riddance.
« on: November 08, 2011, 08:00:00 PM »
And I, for one, could not be happier.

His latest mockery of a movie opened at the low of expectations, and now he's OUT!!!

qip qip qip qip qip qip qip qip qip qip qip qip

BREAKING NEWS
Date: November 08, 2011
Forward to a Friend
Brett Ratner out as Oscars producer
Helmer resigns as kudos producer in wake of gay slur

By: CHRISTY GROSZ
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences confirms that Brett Ratner has been ousted as producer of this year's Oscar telecast following his use of a gay slur on Friday evening and his raunchy interview on "The Howard Stern Show" Monday.

Outrage over Ratner's comments has been building over the past few days among Academy members and the industry.

Academy president Tom Sherak issued a statement of support late Monday, but the org appears to have done an about-face.

Sherak announced Ratner's appointment in August, and the "Tower Heist" director was slated to work alongside veteran producer Don Mischer. Sherak cited Ratner's comedic experience as being a big selling point in hiring him.

Though Ratner has always been a controversial choice, he was instrumental in bringing Eddie Murphy on as host in September and had hired several veteran comedy writers to breathe new life into the show.

It is unclear whether Murphy will stay on as host.

T

« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 04:06:45 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: Ratman and Murphy are OUT!!! Good riddance.
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 04:07:46 PM »
And now Murphy.  I always thought he was an odd choice anyhow, certainly not one to bring the young crowds back to the Awards.

Eddie Murphy withdraws as Oscar host
Actor drops out as kudos host in wake of Ratner's exit

By: VARIETY STAFF
Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences President Tom Sherak announced that Eddie Murphy has withdrawn as host of the 84th Academy Awards.

"I appreciate how Eddie feels about losing his creative partner, Brett Ratner, and we all wish him well," said Sherak.

Commented Murphy, "First and foremost I want to say that I completely understand and support each party's decision with regard to a change of producers for this year's Academy Awards ceremony. I was truly looking forward to being a part of the show that our production team and writers were just starting to develop, but I'm sure that the new production team and host will do an equally great job."
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)