Author Topic: Buffalo '66 B1  (Read 7837 times)

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
Buffalo '66 B1
« on: January 23, 2010, 04:48:09 PM »
This is a poster I have had for some time, but it was at my parents house in Dallas.  Since there was someone expressing interest in it, I decided to drag it out for a photo.  I needed a new one in my gallery anyway.

Schan
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Carson

Re: Buffalo '66 B1
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 06:32:09 PM »
(hehe)

OK, now I'm convinced  8)

I KNEW you had it all along! And man oh man is it ever a beauty. One of the all time best posters of the 90's in my opinion. Classic indie. Classic photo of Ricci and Gallo

It's hard to see in photos but this poster has a slight metallic sheen/layer processed into the paper. Perfect color treatment for this poster.

There is an original US Buffalo 66 one sheet which features hand-applied "glitter" to the title letters "Buffalo 66". It was highly collectable until the usual suspects on eBay began applying Elmer's glue and glitter to SS originals and reprints.

Carson

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 06:44:21 PM »
Here is an authentic example of the impossible to find US "glitter" one sheet:

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 03:28:52 AM »
I have never seen that one sheet before.  Its pretty cool though, and id guess is something that would need to be framed pretty quickly before the glitter ends up all over the house. 

You are right that the one sheet has a metallic effect.  It almost gives it a pearlized effect.
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2010, 08:38:36 PM »
yes, the glitter does wind up all over everything
I have 2 of them here and on one, the glitter has half littered the warehouse for the last 15 months.. I can't get rid of it & everytime you move the poster - it loses some more..

Hey Vinnie.. use better glue next time you donkey!!!

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------