Author Topic: Movie Poster Resource Site  (Read 26732 times)

Charlie

Re: Movie Poster Resource Site
« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2011, 10:56:40 PM »
CJ put this in you tag line.

I think I have a clinical condition;  it's called "can't finish your yous" syndrome. I keep leaving off the stupid "r" everywhere.  And I also have "two-three letter word confusion" syndrome; mix matching to, the, of, etc.  I hate reading what I wrote because I sound like a dumbass... 

Offline Cj

• Hobbyist
« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2011, 11:24:06 PM »
Maryland?  You don't happen to be in Baltimore do you?  Cause there is this great TV show they made about murder police in b-more...  ;D

Homicide is a great show. If you like that one check out The Wire or even The Corner. All three are by David Simon. The Wire is about drug dealers and police which is an accurate depiction. The Corner is a very powerful mini series that focuses on heroin addiction and the story is based on actual people. All three are filmed in Baltimore.  As you already know, Homicide is a fantastic series which is based on true cases.

Offline supraman079

• Global Moderator
  • Collector
    • Supraman079's Poster Website
« Reply #52 on: November 06, 2011, 11:46:23 PM »
I plagiarized the shit out of Holiday and Thierry because they both had websites dedicated to their collections before I did. But it's all good, I only plagiarize assholes so it doesn't really count that much.  8)

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2011, 11:51:20 PM »
Maryland?  You don't happen to be in Baltimore do you?  Cause there is this great TV show they made about murder police in b-more...  ;D

Two of them, in fact.

Homicide: Life on the Street (not counting the budget crippling last season) was easily one of the best shows of the '90s.

BTW Cj, In '05, I met with a PG County Detective when the guys living in the apartment next door decided to play shoot 'em up (no one hurt) in the parking lot (just outside my ground floor windows) at 5:00am.  He was surprised to learn that I was an ear-witness to the shots and asked, in an eager and hopeful tone, if I went to the window to see anything.  I simply responded 'This is not the first time that I've heard that sound in this neighborhood'.  He shook his head with a resigned understanding.

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2011, 05:45:15 AM »
Hey, CJ...do they have a TIMECOP division?
I mean like time travel.
I always wanted to do that...with a gun...

If not, maybe you should suggest it.  wynk

Editor's Note: This post is meant to be stupid sarcastic. Neither I nor anyone here believes in time travel. Well actually, I am only really speaking for myself.  There are a few members here who do think time travel is possible.  Take Steve (aka 50s) for instance. He believes he is trapped in another decade and can't return home.  Then, there's Holiday, a guy who's actually named after a day where you 'take time off.'  Chris (aka CSM) believes he is the reincarnation of Im-ho-schlep or some other ancient Egyptian king-turned-camel fodder. Then, there's Charlie, who went through the STARGATE one too many times. Dave (Cinemasterbabies) is in a present day/future where today's $30 posters are worth tomorrow's $3000.  Hershenson (Bruce) is actually a time-shifting PT Barnum. Jeff's screen name (Erik1925) speaks for itself. I could go on and on, but I think you, the reader, get my drift. This place is a looney bin and the guy with the keys is the Mad Hatter. "The worms crawl in, the worms crawl out...in your stomach and out your mouth.  Have you ever seen a hearse go by and know that you are about to die?" Uh-oh, the meds are kickin' in. Gotta go.

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2011, 06:18:57 AM »
And the most sane member is an angry ape... we`re doomed   :)
Matias
http://110x75.blogspot.com.ar/

IG: @cinepapelarchivo

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2011, 09:56:04 AM »
 :o ... no, that should be  hitself

I've just read over all this, and my God is Mel an idiot!
Honestly, guys, I don't think I have EVER known anyone like him in my entire life!
People skills? Where are they? Does he like making enemies? Does he enjoy shooting himself in the foot?

IS HE FOR REAL!?
He has the audacity to accuse someone of saying something they did NOT say; this coming after what he has done to others in the past.
And STILL, HE HAS NOT LEARNED ...  nono

I don't know about most other members, but I tell you all now from my own stance that I am rather sick of Mel's FALSE accusations and lies directed to others.
He has caused so much bother within this hobbie ... on these forums and in the wider community.

Mel has clearly gone off on one again.

He can give it, but he sure as Hell can't take it.
Same as ever, unfortunately.

Sadly, I HIGHLY DOUBT we will see him apologise to CJ either.
Mel doesn't do apologies, even when he is proven wrong, as is the case here (yet again).
It's Mel against the world (apparently), so I would suggest, actually advise, him to get that chip on his shoulder filled in before he upsets the wrong person at the wrong time.

This is NOT a personal attack on Mel, I swear - it's an observation based on his behaviour.

CJ, I appreciate, applaud and support your line of work. I have the utmost respect for you.
I must also say I am very disappointed that you were "forced" into announcing to everyone your line of work because of childish, immature silliness.
No-one should ever have to be put into such a position.

Mel has a habit of not thinking before speaking ... bringing people's personal lives into such nonsense is disgusting.
Maybe someone here should post Mel's personal details for all to see?
But of course, Mel would have something to say about that, wouldn't he!?

LISTEN TO THIS GNARLS BARKLEY SONG HERE
If you don't want to listen to the whole song, then listen from 0:57-1:41 ... You'll see what I mean - quite apt, I reckon lol.

Now, back to normality, please!?  wynk
Best wishes,
Adam

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2011, 10:07:05 AM »
Just when I thought this thread couldn't go south any further....
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2011, 10:13:27 AM »
Matias

Charlie

« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2011, 10:54:13 AM »
:o ... no, that should be  hitself

I've just read over all this, and my God is Mel an idiot!
Honestly, guys, I don't think I have EVER known anyone like him in my entire life!
People skills? Where are they? Does he like making enemies? Does he enjoy shooting himself in the foot?

IS HE FOR REAL!?
He has the audacity to accuse someone of saying something they did NOT say; this coming after what he has done to others in the past.
And STILL, HE HAS NOT LEARNED ...  nono

I don't know about most other members, but I tell you all now from my own stance that I am rather sick of Mel's FALSE accusations and lies directed to others.
He has caused so much bother within this hobbie ... on these forums and in the wider community.

Mel has clearly gone off on one again.

He can give it, but he sure as Hell can't take it.
Same as ever, unfortunately.

Sadly, I HIGHLY DOUBT we will see him apologise to CJ either.
Mel doesn't do apologies, even when he is proven wrong, as is the case here (yet again).
It's Mel against the world (apparently), so I would suggest, actually advise, him to get that chip on his shoulder filled in before he upsets the wrong person at the wrong time.

This is NOT a personal attack on Mel, I swear - it's an observation based on his behaviour.

CJ, I appreciate, applaud and support your line of work. I have the utmost respect for you.
I must also say I am very disappointed that you were "forced" into announcing to everyone your line of work because of childish, immature silliness.
No-one should ever have to be put into such a position.

Mel has a habit of not thinking before speaking ... bringing people's personal lives into such nonsense is disgusting.
Maybe someone here should post Mel's personal details for all to see?
But of course, Mel would have something to say about that, wouldn't he!?

LISTEN TO THIS GNARLS BARKLEY SONG HERE
If you don't want to listen to the whole song, then listen from 0:57-1:41 ... You'll see what I mean - quite apt, I reckon lol.

Now, back to normality, please!?  wynk

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  I was kind of proud of bondboy that he hadn't jumped in.  "resistance is futile" comes to mind...

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #60 on: November 07, 2011, 10:54:26 AM »
Homicide is a great show. If you like that one check out The Wire or even The Corner. All three are by David Simon. The Wire is about drug dealers and police which is an accurate depiction. The Corner is a very powerful mini series that focuses on heroin addiction and the story is based on actual people. All three are filmed in Baltimore.  As you already know, Homicide is a fantastic series which is based on true cases.

I was actually talking about The Wire, which is probably my favorite TV show of all time!  I've been meaning to check out Homicide and The Corner as well...
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 11:38:37 AM by Harry Caul »

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #61 on: November 07, 2011, 11:09:31 AM »
I was actually talking about The Wire, which is probably my favorite TV show of all time!  I've been meaning to check out Homocide and The Corner as well...

:o
Matias

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #62 on: November 07, 2011, 11:39:14 AM »
:o

A PM would have been nice  ;)

Fixed.

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #63 on: November 07, 2011, 01:54:53 PM »
Sorry Matt, I knew it was a typo, just couldn`t resist using that surprised smiley... :D
Matias

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #64 on: November 07, 2011, 02:07:21 PM »

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #65 on: November 07, 2011, 04:26:31 PM »
wynk

Editor's Note: This post is meant to be stupid sarcastic. Neither I nor anyone here believes in time travel. Well actually, I am only really speaking for myself.  There are a few members here who do think time travel is possible.  Take Steve (aka 50s) for instance. He believes he is trapped in another decade and can't return home.  Then, there's Holiday, a guy who's actually named after a day where you 'take time off.'  Chris (aka CSM) believes he is the reincarnation of Im-ho-schlep or some other ancient Egyptian king-turned-camel fodder. Then, there's Charlie, who went through the STARGATE one too many times. Dave (Cinemasterbabies) is in a present day/future where today's $30 posters are worth tomorrow's $3000.  Hershenson (Bruce) is actually a time-shifting PT Barnum. Jeff's screen name (Erik1925) speaks for itself. I could go on and on, but I think you, the reader, get my drift. This place is a looney bin and the guy with the keys is the Mad Hatter. "The worms crawl in, the worms crawl out...in your stomach and out your mouth.  Have you ever seen a hearse go by and know that you are about to die?" Uh-oh, the meds are kickin' in. Gotta go.

Doc (Ted) Emmett Brown?  A sound analysis!
Chris

Offline CJ138

• Collector
« Reply #66 on: November 07, 2011, 07:47:16 PM »
PG County - "A Liveable Community"
Lowering the brow of APF since 2010.

Offline Cj

• Hobbyist
« Reply #67 on: November 07, 2011, 10:12:49 PM »
This thread has become quite comical.

A note to Adz - we all know that you are not a card holder of the Mel fan club, no need to remind everyone of the bad blood that was spilled between you two. I think it is quite clear where it is you stand in regards to him. I appreciate your post but I was not "forced" to divulge my personal life. Mel made reference to it and I decided to post what it is I do, I made that decision. I also am not looking for an apology from him. I don't ask for apologies as they mean nothing when solicited. I don't care if he ever apologizes because in the end he is a nobody to me. There are some people on this board who I instantly clicked with, some who i really never understood but took the extra effort to find out what they were about and come to enjoy their company and there is one who I really don't care for at all. All said, we are a bunch of individuals with different personalities and it's only natural that some wont get along.

Offline Cj

• Hobbyist
« Reply #68 on: November 07, 2011, 10:18:13 PM »

BTW Cj, In '05, I met with a PG County Detective when the guys living in the apartment next door decided to play shoot 'em up (no one hurt) in the parking lot (just outside my ground floor windows) at 5:00am.  He was surprised to learn that I was an ear-witness to the shots and asked, in an eager and hopeful tone, if I went to the window to see anything.  I simply responded 'This is not the first time that I've heard that sound in this neighborhood'.  He shook his head with a resigned understanding.

PG County - "A Liveable Community"

Its funny, I was at the Harvard Associates Francis Glessner Lee Homicide School a few weeks ago. I had dinner with a few PG County States Attorneys and they described PG county as Baltimore City with trees.

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #69 on: November 08, 2011, 05:34:34 AM »
This thread has become quite comical.

A note to Adz - we all know that you are not a card holder of the Mel fan club, no need to remind everyone of the bad blood that was spilled between you two. I think it is quite clear where it is you stand in regards to him. I appreciate your post but I was not "forced" to divulge my personal life. Mel made reference to it and I decided to post what it is I do, I made that decision. I also am not looking for an apology from him. I don't ask for apologies as they mean nothing when solicited. I don't care if he ever apologizes because in the end he is a nobody to me. There are some people on this board who I instantly clicked with, some who i really never understood but took the extra effort to find out what they were about and come to enjoy their company and there is one who I really don't care for at all. All said, we are a bunch of individuals with different personalities and it's only natural that some wont get along.

Hey CJ, I did not say anything about what Mel did to me.
I just pointed out truthful observations.

The point of my post was to show how ridiculous some people can be.
Whatever he did to me in the past is not of any importance here, for I would have said the same had he not done anything to me at all.
I honestly look at this and just laugh, because it is so very, very silly & highly hypocritical.

The guy has the audacity to complain to moderators about others when they have done not a thing wrong, and accuse others of things they did not say.
That is what annoys the hell out of me - he just doesn't give a damn, and that's not only disappointing, its sad.
I know people other than myself have attempted to educate Mel on his attitude, networking and people skills, but when someone is a huge culprit of falsification, not listening to advice from others, then what hope is there?

Mel just needs to wake up and smell the freshly ground coffee.
He has a collectors website that could be huge, yet he chooses to undo all his hard work with his silly attitude.
He ought to remember that whatever he says in the electronic format is forever recorded on the internet for all to see & read, now & in the future.

And yes, I wear my heart on my sleeve (too often on these forums), but that's because I'm passionate about the truth.
For this, I apologise.
Best wishes,
Adam

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #70 on: November 08, 2011, 05:57:51 AM »
Move along peoples... there are better things to be doing...

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #71 on: November 08, 2011, 08:18:46 AM »
I was actually talking about The Wire, which is probably my favorite TV show of all time!  I've been meaning to check out Homicide and The Corner as well...

I figured that you were.  Homicide is currently playing late night/early morning on the Centric channel, if you get that... DVR's at the ready?

Its funny, I was at the Harvard Associates Francis Glessner Lee Homicide School a few weeks ago. I had dinner with a few PG County States Attorneys and they described PG county as Baltimore City with trees.

That sounds about right. 

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #72 on: November 08, 2011, 08:19:34 AM »
The point of my post was to show how ridiculous some people can be.

Never try to teach a pig to sing.  It wastes your time and annoys the pig - Robert A Heinlein

And, No, I am not siding with any of you.  You are all overreacting.
-Jay-

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #73 on: November 09, 2011, 01:25:35 PM »
I don't ask for apologies as they mean nothing when solicited.

Great piece of advice here.
 clap

Offline Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #74 on: November 10, 2011, 02:34:39 AM »
Cj, have you every done the photocopier/lie detector trick on a suspect? :)