Author Topic: WatchedItem.com  (Read 6754 times)

Dread_Pirate_Mel

WatchedItem.com
« on: October 28, 2011, 10:20:42 PM »
WatchedItem.com, don't know how I lived without you.  Now I know how much competition I'm facing:

Can search by subject, ex. "James Bond" in Entertainment Memorabilia:

Can search by seller.  Here is Dan "MoviePosterAuthenticating.com" (and he's been pimping his sales on every forum except this one):

« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 10:21:12 PM by Dread_Pirate_Mel »

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
Re: WatchedItem.com
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 10:56:43 PM »
Mel, although that is not what I use, I am disappointed - took you much too long to find something comparable ;)
Chris

TopsideKracker

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 03:17:30 PM »
News to me! (although right now, I guess most of it is)  Thanks Mel

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 03:35:49 PM »
Its almost shocking what the masses are watching, in some cases.

"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2012, 03:38:11 PM »
That`s another great site find Mel,thanks..
Bookmarked.

Stew

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2012, 01:20:53 PM »
I have used this site many times, but I think it only makes you bid more if you know there's a lot of watchers.... I just bail out as money is too precious to waste by over paying....
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2012, 02:45:22 PM »
I have used this site many times, but I think it only makes you bid more if you know there's a lot of watchers.... I just bail out as money is too precious to waste by over paying....

I use it to get pissed off knowing how many bastards are watching what I like... damn all of you, watchers!  moron1
Matias
http://110x75.blogspot.com.ar/

IG: @cinepapelarchivo

Juli

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2012, 02:54:19 PM »
Just curious, what number of watchers would you consider a lot?

~ Juli

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2012, 03:08:11 PM »
If I am watching the item, more than 2 is a lot  :D
Matias
http://110x75.blogspot.com.ar/

IG: @cinepapelarchivo

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2012, 05:54:36 PM »
Just curious, what number of watchers would you consider a lot?

~ Juli

There's no magic number but I'd say 10 watchers normally indicates it will probably sell at "fair market value" and you had better make at least a FMV snipe bid to get it.

Online Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2017, 02:00:09 AM »
The websites that I occasionally check to see which items have the "most watchers" on eBay are not working.  Has anyone else noticed that?  Does anyone know of any sites where it is currently working?

I just saw this on watchcount.com:

http://www.watchcount.com/news.php#mw-outage

Most Watched Items Searches are Offline
Posted: 29-Mar-2017 | Revised: 24-Apr-2017
Update: The problems continue and now impact category-based MW searches as well. Zero Watch Counts may be returned.
Sadly, over the past few days our eBay Most Watched (MW) Items search tools have been mostly non-functional, affecting keywords-based searches. Searching with any phrase often brings up zero search results. This can be seen on our homepage MW search tool as well as on our MW Advanced Search page.
This downtime is due to problems with eBay's data feeds that they allocate to us as part of their API/developer platform, for retrieving and displaying MW items on our website. We've contacted them seeking repair, and we're told they're working on it.
We've placed an outage alert notice on our homepage that appears when MW searches are attempted. Once eBay fixes the problem (whether it takes days, weeks, or months), and we're done testing to confirm all's well, we'll be sure to remove that yellow notice.
This eBay API data feed failure also affects the display of Watch Counts in other places on our site, such as in our eBay Item Lookup tool. MW searches in our WordPress plugin may also be impacted.
We're disappointed that we can't offer MW searches right now, as that's the hallmark of our website; but our hands are tied until eBay makes necessary repairs. Once they fix things, MW searches should immediately begin working again on our site.
In the meantime, you may consider using alternative search tools we offer that aren't impacted by the data feed failure.

PS: It's kinda interesting to see some of the posts from the days of yore, that seemed to ruffle feathers... about the number of watchers and/or bidders, and the sales logic and etiquette (outing auctions, etc.) associated with those numbers.

guest4955

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2017, 08:49:57 AM »
eBay posts the number of watchers for Buy It Nows:

guest4955

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2017, 08:56:03 AM »
CollectorsWeekly lists the most-watched 400+ MPs:

http://www.collectorsweekly.com/posters-and-prints/movie