Author Topic: Mondo FrankenPrint for Trade  (Read 4857 times)

Charlie

Mondo FrankenPrint for Trade
« on: October 08, 2011, 03:25:14 AM »
OK so I have the Mondo FrankenPrint anybody want to trade for a premium Grace 1-Sheet or insert?

And how the heck do you do such a high value trade?

Dread_Pirate_Mel

Re: Mondo FrankenPrint for Trade
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 03:35:42 PM »
You should keep it for a year.  The demand will stay steady (or even increase) but the supply for sale will dwindle.  Same thing happened with Bride of Frankenstein:

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2011, 04:22:55 PM »
I agree.  Prices are going up already.  Sellers who wanted to make a few bucks quickly are done.  Now we're going to the next step.  And then it will be in the hands of collectors.  I will only use mine for trade, but I'm going to wait until prices reach the amount of what I want to trade them for.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2011, 06:09:14 PM »
Also, you're unlikely to work out a trade for a classic original poster.  The Mondo crowd skews younger and doesn't have much interest in original posters.

Charlie

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2011, 06:46:00 PM »
Also, you're unlikely to work out a trade for a classic original poster.  The Mondo crowd skews younger and doesn't have much interest in original posters.
I agree.  Prices are going up already.  Sellers who wanted to make a few bucks quickly are done.  Now we're going to the next step.  And then it will be in the hands of collectors.  I will only use mine for trade, but I'm going to wait until prices reach the amount of what I want to trade them for.

T

Thanks for the advice guys.  The holding for a year seems very responsible and that is probably how long it is going to take to get the trade I want.  (Though, I'd still take a linen backed Rear Window if somebody wanted to trade right now... :))

Has anyone ever done a high value trade?  What is standard?  Do the two parties both send them to a responsible third party to make sure no one gets the shaft?

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2011, 07:17:21 PM »

I agree.  It's usually a print for a print, and a poster for a poster.

Btw, I'm at a clothing store in Portland, Or, right now and my wife is pilling up clothes next to me.

HELP!
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2011, 07:55:08 PM »
Hipster.

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2011, 09:08:20 PM »
You should keep it for a year.  The demand will stay steady (or even increase) but the supply for sale will dwindle.  Same thing happened with Bride of Frankenstein:

So much for the beanie baby comparison then?
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2011, 09:43:36 PM »
So much for the beanie baby comparison then?

Charlie got his for the original sale price. It's the people who pay several times the original sale price who will get cooked when Mondo Mania fades.

Here's the price chart for the Peanut the Elephant (Royal Blue) Beanie Baby.  Now it sells for $600.

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2011, 10:52:27 PM »
I was looking at some nice Tulip bulbs recently...