Author Topic: Endless Supply of Endless Summer?  (Read 2266 times)

Offline ATLfun

• Hoarder
Endless Supply of Endless Summer?
« on: September 19, 2011, 08:56:29 PM »

This is the third Endless Summer poster he has sold.  I guess he could have stashed away a bunch back in the day? Just seems odd to be on his third one in less than two months.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ENDLESS-SUMMER-Surfing-Movie-Poster-1964-Bruce-Brown-/150663580803?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item23143fcc83

"Please step away from the keyboard.  In my unsolicited opinion, you paid too much for your poster," said APF Price Police Officer Thierry.  

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
Re: Endless Supply of Endless Summer?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 09:10:44 PM »
it happens, ive had rolls of 50 of the same poster, smart deealers spread them out, dumb ones truin the value by endless....... listing. think EYES WITHOUT A FACE FRENC or SHe/1000,000 years BC quads.... had value, now?
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 09:17:12 PM »
Seems to me that San Diego seller 'surfinprof' might be the real deal.
He's new to Ebay and his few sales -- and few current items -- are all vintage surfer.
Hell, even those ENDLESS SUMMER posters are wavy.
Betcha he stashed 'em in the back of his Woody while hanging ten with the Wilson Boys and Jan and Dean.
Gotta catch that one last ride....

Beach Boys SURFIN' USA

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 10:51:57 PM »
Betcha he stashed 'em in the back of his Woody while hanging ten with the Wilson Boys and Jan and Dean.

Don't know about this guy, but I talked with a different seller of these posters... he was a kid handing out fliers for this film back in the day.  He figured he must of gotten lazy one day and stopped early -- because late last year he found a stack of like 52 (or something close) in box in his parents garage.  They were all printed identically (Santa Monica Civic Auditorium).  He even had a few handbills with press quotes and such.  He was asking $100 a pop, but apparently he got cleaned out of his stash before I could get 1... or 10   ;D

Something similar probably happened here as well.  I sure the stash I mentioned above will turn up soon too.  If they keep selling them at this rate... they'll be back down to $100 pop in no time.  And we should probably all buy one once they do...

They will eventually run out and someday on APF-brain-implant-chat we'll all be telling newbies about "that sweet stack of Endless Summer posters that turned up back in 'aught 11.  Man you should have been there!"