Author Topic: Japanese Kill Bill Collection  (Read 4184 times)

Offline Cj

• Hobbyist
Japanese Kill Bill Collection
« on: January 17, 2010, 12:32:17 PM »
Hey Everyone,

Here is a link to  my Kill Bill collection - http://www.moviepostermadness.com/Movie_Poster_Madness/Kill_Bill_Collection.html#grid
The majority of my Kill Bill material is from Japan. I enjoy the Japanese promotion more so than any other country.

Cj

Carson

Re: Japanese Kill Bill Collection
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 01:35:13 PM »
Two yellow and magenta down, two yellow and magenta to go. Your KB collection is looking great, Cj! Thanks for sharing them.

My favorite KB B1 is the original yellow and black Blood Cross B1. The art has a slight guassian blur in contrast to the glow of the sword and vivid blood splat. Now you need a couple of Hattori Hanzō's above your framed pieces. I have a friend who mounted a couple of mock-ups above his KB B2 collection and it looks sweet. Congratulations on the collection and the site!

Offline Cj

• Hobbyist
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 11:04:13 AM »
Hey Carson,

Thanks man! I would have to say my favorites are the entire second row that is displayed but the blood cross you speak of is a bad ass poster as well.

Having a setup like your friend with the sword displayed would be bad ass indeed. 

Cj

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 11:07:02 AM »
Great collection!  Its crazy how much more difficult it is to find Japanese Kill Bill material than from any other country.  Most Japanese paper is more difficult to find, but in the case of Kill Bill, it seems like the gap is wider.  It could also be a function of increased demand.  Very nice work assembling that bunch of posters.
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Offline supraman079

• Global Moderator
  • Collector
    • Supraman079's Poster Website
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2010, 11:52:43 AM »
Congrats CJ on getting this page up. Great to be able to view your KB collection.

Chad

Offline skyjackers

• Hoarder
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2010, 12:32:49 PM »
That's a great collection you have there, I can only imagine how difficult it was to get all those!?! One question though, when does the Volume 2 collection start?

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2010, 09:32:58 PM »
Nice, Cj.  Glad that you finally put them up for display.  The soundtrack b2 is enviable....
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline skyjackers

• Hoarder
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2010, 03:38:31 AM »
That's a great collection you have there, I can only imagine how difficult it was to get all those!?! One question though, when does the Volume 2 collection start?

After spending some more time looking at your collection I Just realised it's already started! Apologies.

Offline idioteque

• Hobbyist
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2010, 11:38:29 PM »
Very impressive indeed Cj.