Author Topic: Glengarry Glen Ross  (Read 5146 times)

Disheveledamethyst

Glengarry Glen Ross
« on: September 16, 2011, 12:24:22 PM »

Double-sided only. I've found some single-sided versions but eMovie's auction history indicates that DS are perfectly prominent. Anybody have one in good shape?

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: Glengarry Glen Ross
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 03:36:14 PM »
Thanks for reminding me that I need one  ;)

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 04:55:54 PM »

These are the new posters. These are the Glengarry posters. And to you they're gold, and you don't get them. Why? Because to give them to you would be throwing them away. They're for closers.

also...

http://www.hulu.com/watch/3362/saturday-night-live-glengarry-glen-christmas

Disheveledamethyst

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 04:58:13 PM »
I only just watched it for the first time this month. I didn't know anything about it besides the cast. But DAMN was it fantastic. I've watched almost 170 movies this year now, and it's definitely firmly seated in my top ten.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 05:42:22 PM »
One of my favorite 90s movies.  Such a superb cast.  My favorite scene is Jack Lemmon coming to this guy's house in a thunderstorm and behaving like if he was a longtime friend.  Little things like removing the teddy bear from the couch...  Brilliant acting.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Disheveledamethyst

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2011, 06:00:29 PM »
One of my favorite 90s movies.  Such a superb cast.  My favorite scene is Jack Lemmon coming to this guy's house in a thunderstorm and behaving like if he was a longtime friend.  Little things like removing the teddy bear from the couch...  Brilliant acting.

T

The acting is what makes the movie. It's probably the most supremely well acted movie I've ever seen. As a friend of mine pointed out, it's essentially still a play. The camera is simply just tracking people talking through the changes in set piece. The camera itself never does anything cinematic, nor is there anything depicted that could not be depicted identically on a stage.

But I almost liked it for that reason. The film is basically performing the play (also written by Mamet) better than it's ever been and packaging it as a movie. There's nothing wrong with that and it really demonstrates that special effects and fancy camera work are second to an astounding performance.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 06:01:34 PM by Disheveledamethyst »

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2011, 06:54:09 PM »
It's an absolutely terrific film, Lemon's character's desperation makes me feel so sorry for him everytime I see it. It put me off ever even contemplating becoming a salesman.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 06:55:03 PM by Tob »

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2011, 09:55:50 PM »
That Pacino won the Award that year for the shit-fest that was Scent of a Woman instead of his performance in GlenGarry is an embarrassment to the Academy.

Also, if you like Mamet, I highly suggest checking out his House of Games, which he also directed...

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2011, 05:08:00 PM »
That Pacino won the Award that year for the shit-fest that was Scent of a Woman instead of his performance in GlenGarry is an embarrassment to the Academy.

You can say that again. thumbup

Bruce

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2011, 06:14:09 PM »

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2011, 06:55:36 PM »
Ted`s petition worked!!. I`ll try too: Bruce, send all the posters you will auction on Halloween to my house... for free... now...  ;)
Matias
http://110x75.blogspot.com.ar/

IG: @cinepapelarchivo

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2011, 07:19:53 PM »
Ted`s petition worked!!. I`ll try too: Bruce, send all the posters you will auction on Halloween to my house... for free... now...  ;)

Here, let me help: Bruce, send all the posters you will auction on Halloween to Ted's house... for free... now...

Bruce

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2011, 10:13:34 PM »
I was all set to send them to Matias, and then Ted posted, and I realized I could never make them both happy, so I had to drop the whole idea.

Sorry, Matias!

Bruce