Author Topic: Rare Star Wars UK Proofs that just came in- Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones  (Read 8587 times)

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
wow.. these just came in.. you are unlikely to see these again soon. came direct from a former employee of the printer. what do you guys think of these??

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
Now those are the kind of proofs that are interesting and desirable, at least to me.

Are they going on the block?

Very nice, Rich.

wow.. these just came in.. you are unlikely to see these again soon. came direct from a former employee of the printer. what do you guys think of these??

« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 09:04:12 PM by holiday »
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

• Post-aholic
Now those are the kind of proofs that are interesting and desirable, at least to me.
Are they going on the block?
Very nice, Rich.

yes.. they start tomorrow
they were consigned to me by a guy in the UK who worked for the printer and just arrived this morning. Seeing as I was doing rolled again for the second week (don't forget, rolled are running ending tomorrow), I quickly set them up for listing in that auction rather than waiting 6-10 weeks for the next rolled auction

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder

-------

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
What does it take for them not to hit the auction block, to steal it from all you bastards that cause auctions to end early.

• Post-aholic
What does it take for them not to hit the auction block, to steal it from all you bastards that cause auctions to end early.

Dale in the past 2 weeks on fleabay I've had 3 sellers sell an expensive item within the last hours of an auction, even after turning me down to get a BIN. Real suckage

In my auctions at least, there are no early endings. Our auctions run until the... um.. climax..

-------

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket

laugh1  That happened to me in a recent auction I was waiting on for a week, and then a few hours before it was scheduled to end it was ended early.   moron1  I contacted the seller and I didn't ask why he ended it early, because he seemed like a good dude, and we agreed on a B.I.N. price.  It is now in the mail.  The poster is ultra rare so I was really bummed to see it end early and then really stoked to get (what I consider) a good deal on it.  Ahhhh, the roller coaster ride of collecting.   ;D  I will keep y'all in utter suspense until it arrives and post a pic in a few days.

Those are some cool posters, Rich.  Number 6, with the 4 different bus shelters is epic.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 10:27:26 PM by NeoLoco »

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
I know who sent those posters to you, Rich.
Really good guy - hope they do well in your auctions!

I actually got some off him a while ago; had the option to buy the lot from him, but had to decline.

Stuff like this is great in my opinion.

Best,
Ad
Best wishes,
Adam

agentprovocateur

Should be an interesting evening... I even had to register with movieposterbid for the occasion!

pcorn

ps I love that popcorn eating little yellow dude.

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
Think I`ll buy 40 of the .99 cents posters no one will want.. Gets me a free Pulp Fiction Poster!!
Mwahahah....

Stew

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
Think I`ll buy 40 of the .99 cents posters no one will want.. Gets me a free Pulp Fiction Poster!!
Mwahahah....

Stew
That should be interesting since the PF is for NEXT WEEK's auction.
I wonder what the winning bid will be for 40 junk posters?
-Jay-

• Post-aholic

it will definitely be interesting to see who wins that particular prize (most items won)
There is the possibility you could win 40 posters for just 99 cents each and get a $200 (or more) NM PF 1sh, although my best guess is someone who buys 50-60 posters, mostly at $1 or $2 with a total bill of $150 will win it

-------

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder

Dammit..there`s always a catch... ;D

Stew

• Post-aholic
it will definitely be interesting to see who wins that particular prize (most items won)
There is the possibility you could win 40 posters for just 99 cents each and get a $200 (or more) NM PF 1sh, although my best guess is someone who buys 50-60 posters, mostly at $1 or $2 with a total bill of $150 will win it

after I posted this, I realized what a poor estimate this was, though sometimes it is possible to get that many deals in my auctions.
This week, the posters are much better than average in selection, so it's possible the person who wins the "most posters" in the auction might be 25 posters or so and probably spend $300-400, which will mean he/she would be doing real well seeing as not only will they be getting the posters they want for a low price, they'll be getting a Pulp Fiction 1sh in NM for FREE on top of that making a good deal on posters an incredible deal on posters!! Not the kind of opportunity you'll have often as I don't think I've heard of any freebies as good as a Pulp Fiction 1sheet anywhere in posterdom.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 05:16:37 AM by MoviePosterBid.com »

-------