Author Topic: Joe's collection  (Read 8794 times)

Joe

Joe's collection
« on: January 15, 2010, 05:00:16 PM »
here is my collection, I sold a lot of things over past months to keep just the things I really love

there are several albums for each kind of posters or displays, I'll try to post new articles on the blog for each item

http://joemovieposters.over-blog.com/

here is also two pics of my dvd collection ( more than 1140 dvds )

I found the shelves at ikea (besta serie)

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
Re: Joe's collection
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 09:13:54 PM »
Yeah, I can definitely see that you have pared down your collection.  That Twister translite is pretty cool!
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 04:15:37 PM »
Yep, I would take the standee any day of the week.
It's more than a Hobby...

Joe

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2010, 04:42:31 PM »
for the information, the striptease standee was like a garbage, I bought for 2 € in a flea market and I sold it some months after for 10 €, the standee was damaged by water on the bottom, folded in wrong place, it was stocked in a home with smokers, there was holes on the whole display, like someone picked pins on it

I received the got milk ad with another poster, for MJ, I like this display, and I don't pay much for it

but the real deal, is why Have I sold a lot of displays and posters last months, just because I wanted to buy this baby, a samsung LED  ;)   and a lot, lot lot lot of dvds to come with it, this is a great way to see movies

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 01:14:49 PM »
ok Joe, apology accepted :P
Schan
My Poster Gallery

Joe

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2010, 02:18:13 PM »
the blu-ray is still expensive, and I'm not really interested in it, I have a lot of dvd zone 1 ( us ) and zone 2 (europe ) and the blu-ray player will only play dvd from the zone of the country where you live

but I have a dvd player pioneer with hdmi connexion, which convert the quality for the tv, so I'm sure it's not good as a blu-ray, but it's really great,

POTC is fantastic on this screen, especially the brightness of the colors

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2010, 02:45:56 PM »
the blu-ray is still expensive, and I'm not really interested in it, I have a lot of dvd zone 1 ( us ) and zone 2 (europe ) and the blu-ray player will only play dvd from the zone of the country where you live

Negative, the Oppo player will play any DVD or BD from any region.
Schan
My Poster Gallery

Joe

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2010, 03:06:57 PM »
I just got my new frames which I command to my uncle, he's a professional framer and can make frames on all size, I give him on december size of different posters and he made my frames just like the three he made to me last year

all I have to do now is to paint them with a black lasure to look like the others
I already mounted the kindergarten cop with a 3M glue spray on a foam board to have a perfect flat posters without any wrinkles

I'll post pics of the finished frames in a few days

here are the three frames he did last year

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2010, 05:26:26 PM »
Awesome, Joe...simply awesome...

Joe

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2010, 08:15:54 AM »
here is the first steps of the painting, it's the results after three layers of ebony stain
I think I'll add two or three layers of stain to have a good results, it's not the same stain as the other frames, the shop stopped to produced the older one

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2010, 09:30:01 AM »
I really like those translites Joe.  I have been meaning to pick up the Indy one for a while but haven't gotten around to it for some reason.
Schan
My Poster Gallery

Joe

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2010, 10:50:48 AM »
the indy one is really expensive, around 300 bucks if I remember, translites are difficult to find at a good price

...5 layers of stain later, the frames took a gret black-brown color exactly like my dvd shelters from ikea, I just have one frame to repaint ( the second frames from kindergarten cop, which has some bad drops of stain on the bottom )