Author Topic: Show us your photography setup!  (Read 20484 times)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Re: Show us your photography setup!
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2014, 06:48:17 PM »
What an incredible setup Mike. From start to finish. No wonder your posters are so happy.   clap

You mentioned that you adjust the contrast once the pics are taken. Do you also adjust or increase the color levels as well, once the digital files are in your photo program?

-Jeff

Offline mwright

• Hobbyist
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2014, 01:00:00 AM »
Jeff, I try to just adjust lighting but some of the Thai posters are brown from age (mostly the ones on thin paper), so then I try to make them a bit more white looking.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2014, 01:04:09 AM »
Thanks, Mike.  ;)

-Jeff

Offline timelessmoviemagic

• Hobbyist
    • timelessmoviemagic
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2018, 06:50:30 AM »
Thought I'd give this thread a bump as lots of new people have joined and they might need a few ideas on how to photograph their posters

Marc
vintage movie posters - http://www.timelessmoviemagic.co.uk/

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2018, 12:14:47 PM »
I would not still recommend setup from the first post in this thread.  I now have a much more elaborate vacuum board/strobe setup. 

For quick pictures, I would now just recommend you take your poster outside in the shade somewhere.  Bright (but not direct) natural light always seems to give the best results.  Set out a piece of foam core first so you have a clean, flat surface and maybe add in a color chart if you want to tweak later.  The posters need to be flat or weighted in the corners though.