Author Topic: Westerns  (Read 60155 times)

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
Re: Westerns
« Reply #75 on: February 16, 2013, 11:54:44 PM »

Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #76 on: February 17, 2013, 02:03:43 AM »
Four winners Schan. I want so bad one of these in English....

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #77 on: February 17, 2013, 04:21:41 AM »
Looking good Schan and Zorba.. thumbup

It's more than a Hobby...

Mirosae

« Reply #78 on: February 17, 2013, 09:52:59 AM »
Clint Eastwood... bed1 bed1 bed1 and bed1

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #79 on: February 17, 2013, 01:43:49 PM »
Clint Eastwood... bed1 bed1 bed1 and bed1

Bogie will begin to feel a little jealous with too many hearts a-beating, Rosa. LOL

-Jeff

Mirosae

« Reply #80 on: February 17, 2013, 01:54:30 PM »
Ah, you see, single ladies' prerogative is to have a man for each season, Bogie, winter, Clint Spring, Wayne for the Summer (good for al frescos) and autumn Paul Newman. It is also my prerogative to change the order or preference (robert mitchum, fredric march might appear at short notice). See?

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #81 on: February 17, 2013, 02:01:37 PM »
Ah, you see, single ladies' prerogative is to have a man for each season, Bogie, winter, Clint Spring, Wayne for the Summer (good for al frescos) and autumn Paul Newman. It is also my prerogative to change the order or preference (robert mitchum, fredric march might appear at short notice). See?

My eyes are now WIDE open.  :o

;)

-Jeff

Mirosae

« Reply #82 on: February 22, 2013, 10:49:09 AM »
This goes here..

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/jrOVc4P6ggw" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/jrOVc4P6ggw</a>

THE HUNGING TREE 1959 (SPAIN) OS - BENITO

Mirosae

« Reply #83 on: February 22, 2013, 04:27:30 PM »
60TH ANNIVERSARY OF A GREAT FILM IN MY HUMBLE OPO

THE NAKED SPUR- FR GRANDE 1953

« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 04:33:08 PM by Mirosae »

Charlie

« Reply #84 on: February 25, 2013, 01:16:12 PM »
 clap

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #85 on: February 25, 2013, 06:46:00 PM »
SWEEEET!

60TH ANNIVERSARY OF A GREAT FILM IN MY HUMBLE OPO

THE NAKED SPUR- FR GRANDE 1953

Mirosae

« Reply #86 on: February 25, 2013, 07:28:16 PM »
Rio Bravo (Warner Brothers, 1959). Italian 2 - Foglio (39" X 55")

This is such a great Western, Walter Brennan, The Duke, and War Bond. Dean stills the show though. This is my fav poster. Very La Bella Italia.

AND WHAT A SOUNDTRACK

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/AR-KbvXvBd8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/AR-KbvXvBd8</a>

Bruce

« Reply #87 on: February 26, 2013, 07:01:19 PM »
Rio Bravo (Warner Brothers, 1959). Italian 2 - Foglio (39" X 55")

This is such a great Western, Walter Brennan, The Duke, and War Bond. Dean stills the show though. This is my fav poster. Very La Bella Italia.

AND WHAT A SOUNDTRACK

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/AR-KbvXvBd8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/AR-KbvXvBd8</a>

I am glad you put Walter Brennan first! He was marvelous (especially his John Wayne impression at the end). Likely the most enjoyable non-comic western ever made.

Mirosae

« Reply #88 on: February 26, 2013, 07:10:17 PM »
Walter Brennan is great in every movie. He wasn't that old.. I was very surprised.. he always played the old one...

Bruce

« Reply #89 on: February 26, 2013, 09:56:02 PM »
Walter Brennan is great in every movie. He wasn't that old.. I was very surprised.. he always played the old one...

Here's good background info on him I compiled:

"Walter Brennan was a great character actor from the 1920s to the 1970s. Amazingly, it took him many years to get beyond playing uncredited roles! He had served in World War I (and supposedly he was exposed to mustard gas, which damaged his vocal chords and caused his distinctive voice!), and then he moved to Los Angeles where he speculated on real estate and made a fortune. But then he went broke, and he turned to movie acting in 1925, where he met struggling actor Gary Cooper, and the two became great friends, trying to get roles at the same time. But unlike Cooper, who became a major star, Brennan spent almost a decade playing very minor roles (often uncredited). In 1932, he had an accident while filming a movie and lost most of his teeth, and from that point on, he played people much older than himself, often hillbillies! But he finally had a major role in "Come and Get It" in 1936, and he won the first Best Supporting Actor Oscar (the first of three he would win), and he had major success from then on. Some of his roles include Red River, Bride of Frankenstein, and My Darling Clementine. He appeared in several movies with Gary Cooper, including Sergeant York and Meet John Doe. He had much fame later in life as the star of TV's "The Real McCoys".

Mirosae

« Reply #90 on: February 27, 2013, 05:04:08 AM »
Bruce

Thanks. It reads very well to me, he was a very popular character in Hollywood.

Exellent supporting actor. I always thought that Walter B
and BARRY FITZGERALD (particularly in THE QUIET MAN) have some of the best performances in film history, in my humble opinion.

Mirosae

« Reply #91 on: February 27, 2013, 05:39:58 AM »
WESTWARD THE WOMEN 1951, STORY BY FRANK CAPRA

Patience Hawley (Hope Emerson):[b][to the awaiting bridegrooms] You can look us over, but don't think you're going to do the choosing! All the way from Independence, I've been staring at two things: one was this picture and the other was the rump of a mule... and don't ask me which was prettier![/b]

WC

US INSERT

Doubt this western will ever be considered one of the best. But it is for me. Women are no often represented in westerns (or in films) like this. These are tough. Hope Emerson is great in this film.

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #92 on: February 28, 2013, 06:22:38 AM »
Those are great posters, Rosa.

Your Hanging Tree post made me think of this classic.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/fOruPrprKfQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/fOruPrprKfQ</a>

Does anyone here have any paper for Liberty Valance?

Mirosae

« Reply #93 on: February 28, 2013, 06:34:47 AM »
Well.Ted, thank you for posting this great song !!

Liberty Valance is my favourite western. I grew up watching it,  re runs on telly nearly every Saturday when I was a kid.

And then one day I was no child no more. watched it as an adult. And it blew my mind.

I will have a poster. I know which one I want. Soon.

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #94 on: February 28, 2013, 06:49:35 AM »
The Spanish one sheet is really nice.  Might be my favorite.

What a movie.

Bruce

« Reply #95 on: February 28, 2013, 07:13:50 AM »
Well.Ted, thank you for posting this great song !!

Liberty Valance is my favourite western. I grew up watching it,  re runs on telly nearly every Saturday when I was a kid.

And then one day I was no child no more. watched it as an adult. And it blew my mind.

I will have a poster. I know which one I want. Soon.

Personally, I like the half-sheet best.

Bruce

« Reply #96 on: February 28, 2013, 07:14:55 AM »
Bruce

Thanks. It reads very well to me, he was a very popular character in Hollywood.

Exellent supporting actor. I always thought that Walter B
and BARRY FITZGERALD (particularly in THE QUIET MAN) have some of the best performances in film history, in my humble opinion.

If you never saw it, seek out The Sea Wolf. Barry Fitzgerald gives a chilling performance as "Cookie"!

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #97 on: February 28, 2013, 07:16:41 AM »
The Duke looks ready to kick some ass.
Great poster.
That film is one of my desert island favorites.
Can watch it over and over and over...

Mirosae

« Reply #98 on: February 28, 2013, 07:27:36 AM »
What a great taste you both have  ;D

Those two are my preferred papers. The Spanish is superb because it has a huge imo of James S. And it is different.

but the half sheet, well, i love that one. The Duke looks like he is about to walk into my living room and that expression is very J Wayne. Nearly went for it at EMP  a couple of weeks ago. It is in my list. So if you see it. Hands off. Coming to Rosa's home Soon.
 ;D

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #99 on: February 28, 2013, 02:29:20 PM »
The Half sheet is very nice, I do have the Quad of this...

It's more than a Hobby...