Author Topic: Hello everyone!  (Read 6931 times)

od_sf

Hello everyone!
« on: August 31, 2011, 01:10:08 PM »
Hi everyone! I just joined the forum. I'm a huge film buff and finally decided to do a bit of poster collecting, mostly to get framed and decorate my place with. Been really enjoying reading this forum so far. Already picked up original one sheets for a few titles this week: E.T., Raiders of the Lost Ark (found a mint 1982 reissue, love it!) and a beautiful 1982 reissue of Empire Strikes Back. Looking forward to learning from all the experts here.

Cheers,

Olivier

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
Re: Hello everyone!
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 01:40:33 PM »
Welcome, Olivier  welcome1

You've come to the right place, and there is a wealth of info here.  Good luck though on that "a few items" thing.  This is an addictive hobby.
-Jay-

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 01:46:40 PM »
Welcome!

And the 80s titles continue to be the first choice for many new collectors...
Chris

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 03:23:47 PM »
Welcome Olivier.

Enjoy the forum.  We're a good bunch, here.  Well, some more than others, but generally speaking good people  ;)

I also like your collecting choices.  You can't go wrong with these titles.

Thierry
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline CJ138

• Collector
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 06:41:47 PM »
Welcome! You are off to a very strong start.  If you get a chance post some pics of your collection!
Warm regards,
Conor
Lowering the brow of APF since 2010.

Charlie

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 08:08:16 PM »
Welcome!!!  Have fun....

Disheveledamethyst

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2011, 09:35:45 PM »
Welcome to the board, new inductee. Since you are new, you must go out into the forest and retrieve a rare blue flower that only grows at the base of the tallest sycamore in the wood. Should you get lost, you will be eaten by fanged deer. But should you succeed, an eternity of brotherhood awaits you.

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 09:44:03 PM »

WTF!?
Chris

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2011, 11:33:34 AM »
 welcome1 to APF, Olivier.
Be afraid. Be very afraid.
A few posters to decorate your place with quickly turns into closets and racks full of posters.

Offline joneyyy

• Collector
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2011, 11:38:05 AM »
Hi everyone! I just joined the forum. I'm a huge film buff and finally decided to do a bit of poster collecting, mostly to get framed and decorate my place with. Been really enjoying reading this forum so far. Already picked up original one sheets for a few titles this week: E.T., Raiders of the Lost Ark (found a mint 1982 reissue, love it!) and a beautiful 1982 reissue of Empire Strikes Back. Looking forward to learning from all the experts here.

Cheers,

Olivier

welcome, just curious, how did you stumble upon this forum?

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2011, 04:08:50 PM »
Good question, Jon.  I'd be interesting to see how people find us.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

od_sf

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2011, 05:33:54 PM »
Many thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

I actually found this place doing some research on what I believed to be doggy e-bay sellers. One in particular seems to have a very large stock of really nice Star Wars inserts.... smelled fishy, did a quick search on this guy, and here I am.

So I have to thank bradburied for introducing me to this forum, although I won't be buying posters from him any time soon.  ;D

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2011, 05:55:24 PM »
Many thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

I actually found this place doing some research on what I believed to be doggy e-bay sellers. One in particular seems to have a very large stock of really nice Star Wars inserts.... smelled fishy, did a quick search on this guy, and here I am.

So I have to thank bradburied for introducing me to this forum, although I won't be buying posters from him any time soon.  ;D

Well that's refreshing information!
Chris

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2011, 06:47:44 PM »
See Mel, by trashing sellers on the forum, we actually get members in.  So keep trashing Loce.  A lot of people will be coming in search of the truth.

T
My Personal Collection

od_sf

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2011, 12:25:36 AM »
Welcome, Olivier  welcome1

You've come to the right place, and there is a wealth of info here.  Good luck though on that "a few items" thing.  This is an addictive hobby.

Indeed it is! Already bought more posters than I have wall space for.  ;D