Author Topic: OST Lightbox Posters  (Read 9068 times)

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
OST Lightbox Posters
« on: January 15, 2010, 12:39:03 PM »
While these might be considered "movie posters' by some, they were produced to advertise the sale of the film's soundtrack at chain multimedia stores like 'fye.'  I purchased these from two diff sellers on Ebay and I am very impressed with the quality.
What I really like about them is that they chose more serene moments from the film to sell the soundtrack.
They are both duratrans and meant for lightboxes.
The Kong on the ESB (stock photo) has a logo and full credits stripped across the bottom -- it is 27x50.  The Kong sunset on Skull Island is the seller's pic and measures 40x45.
Does anyone out there have any of these lightbox posters for soundtracks or am I the only fool??

guest8

Re: OST Lightbox Posters
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 01:02:41 PM »
They look like great piece .. and I think theyd be worth having ! Especially if you had a light box that size ... But I dont think the majority feels that way because Ive seen OST pieces go cheap even on big ticket items like Star Wars.. :(

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 01:03:52 PM »
I dont have any, but there are definitely some older soundtrack posters I am interested in.
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 01:33:27 PM »
The bottom one says "For Your Consideration," the phrase typically used to promote movies for awards in trade publications.  Where exactly did it come from?

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2010, 02:10:04 PM »
Hey, Mel.  That line you speak of is from a stock internet photo I grabbed as a marker.  It isn't on the one I have. The real piece (which I'll get a pic of this weekend) is taller, showing more of the Empire State Building and -- if memory serves me correctly -- has the logo and credits across the bottom.
The seller of the 40x45 Skull Island piece is rzayas1985.  He doesn't have anything up for sale right now, but he had a bunch of 40x45s at $20-25 apiece, shipping included.

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2010, 05:00:46 AM »
So here is the question of the day:

Is a soundtrack poster a movie poster or a music poster?
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery