Author Topic: Record LP collections  (Read 28838 times)

Dread_Pirate_Mel

Record LP collections
« on: July 22, 2011, 02:38:03 PM »
One of my colleagues - a woman (believe it or not) - brought her LP collection to work today.  I laughed when I saw the Grateful Dead's parody of the Bee Gees on their 1980 "Go To Heaven" album:

« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 02:38:36 PM by Dread_Pirate_Mel »

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
Re: Record LP collections
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 03:15:34 PM »
 :D
Going from left to right.. i had no idea Yoko Ono and Jesus where in The Grateful Dead..

Stew

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 09:46:58 PM »
Signed Sgt Peppers album sold for $290,000 today at Heritage.  The original estimate was only $30,000!

« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 09:47:39 PM by Dread_Pirate_Mel »

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2013, 10:01:30 PM »
Wow.  That is an insane number.
It must be so nice to be filthy rich...

Bruce

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2013, 11:51:26 PM »
There are very few GUARANTEED 100% genuine items signed by all four, and there are a ton of fakes.

Offline TheAnswerMVP2001

• Collector
  • Just Mellin'
    • Voluptuous Vinyl
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2013, 03:00:20 AM »
I'm getting into vinyl.  Here's one of my recent finds at a local record store.  It's pretty rare, unfortunately someone didn't take very good care of it and scratched it all up on one side  moron1

It's a Concert Hall release, supposedly it's rare because they only pressed about 2,000 of them from the master.  There's another pressing from some other label, I've not seen many of those either.

Pronay

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2013, 01:46:57 PM »
here are some of my 30 or so records.  I only collect albums that I can play the whole way through

I probably have different music taste than most on this forum.  But I also was given my parents' collection of 45s

have these for when I have a place to display them.  They're flip down frames for the records, 6 total, which I'll be putting over my turntable, which is also boxed up right now.

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2013, 09:42:13 AM »
This is one of my favourite albums I own. Unfortunately, I dont own a record player so have never heard it.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 09:49:08 AM by 50s »

Offline TheAnswerMVP2001

• Collector
  • Just Mellin'
    • Voluptuous Vinyl
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2013, 04:23:36 AM »
Got this in the mail today.  Very cool lone solo album from actress Diana Dors.

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2013, 04:30:07 AM »
Got this in the mail today.  Very cool lone solo album from actress Diana Dors.

Sorry I know you just said something but I can't seem to scroll past Steve's post... :P
David

Offline TheAnswerMVP2001

• Collector
  • Just Mellin'
    • Voluptuous Vinyl
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2013, 04:37:04 AM »
Sorry I know you just said something but I can't seem to scroll past Steve's post... :P

eh... Google search Fausto Papetti.  That guy is the leader of sexy cheesecake covers, and he is a killer sax player to boot.  After he started it ALL the other sax players copied him.

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2013, 06:08:05 AM »
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 06:35:42 AM by 50s »

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2013, 11:33:27 AM »
I'm guessing you have no others as nothing came up... :-\
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2013, 06:45:06 PM »
I'm guessing you have no others as nothing came up... :-\

Oh, sorry, There is an option at bottom of the left side menu to show adult themes that needs to be checked (ticked). It is off by default, not sure why is unchecked by default I guess I am cautious in case Bruce might visit. Well, now shows naughtiness by default so the albums should be visible now at that link.

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2013, 08:34:42 PM »

Oh, sorry, There is an option at bottom of the left side menu to show adult themes that needs to be checked (ticked). It is off by default, not sure why is unchecked by default I guess I am cautious in case Bruce might visit. Well, now shows naughtiness by default so the albums should be visible now at that link.

Much better
David

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2013, 12:31:25 PM »
Yikes.. :o
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline TheAnswerMVP2001

• Collector
  • Just Mellin'
    • Voluptuous Vinyl
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2013, 08:32:15 PM »
I picked up two Leonard Nimoy LP's today, one of them had this little gem of a song.

Offline TheAnswerMVP2001

• Collector
  • Just Mellin'
    • Voluptuous Vinyl
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2013, 12:02:49 AM »
Found this gem in the 50 cent discount bin at a local record store.  It's in rough shape, all the seams split on the cover and the vinyl is pretty scratched up, lots of pops, but still listenable.  This is a hard one to find in any shape so I was pretty happy to find it, for 50 cents no less!

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2013, 12:06:50 AM »
Chris

Charlie

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2013, 12:54:24 AM »
Found this gem in the 50 cent discount bin at a local record store.  It's in rough shape, all the seams split on the cover and the vinyl is pretty scratched up, lots of pops, but still listenable.  This is a hard one to find in any shape so I was pretty happy to find it, for 50 cents no less!

Not bumping you Chris but I love these old cheesecake albums!  Nice find...

Offline TheAnswerMVP2001

• Collector
  • Just Mellin'
    • Voluptuous Vinyl
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2013, 01:00:02 AM »
Not bumping you Chris but I love these old cheesecake albums!  Nice find...

Yep, it's actually her singing too, not just her on the cover.  It's her only solo album as far as I could determine, though she put out a collection of 78's. 

I've got a Barbara Eden LP coming this week, paid quite a bit more than 50 cents for that one I'm afraid, but it's supposed to be NM.  Post a pic of that when it arrives.

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2013, 03:43:26 AM »
I picked up two Leonard Nimoy LP's today, one of them had this little gem of a song.

Still a classic...

...on Vulcan.
David

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2013, 06:25:09 PM »
I went to a local second hand store today... totally unplanned as the orig trip was just to the post office. They had a pretty large section of used LPs.. LOTS of original film soundtrack albums mixed in.. most covers looked to be in generally good condition. I walked so had forgotten my wallet; I will have to go back.

From memory.. i located 33s for My Fair Lady -- it was a Mexican version (title and credits, that is) with the Peak art on the front and some great shots of Hepburn on the back, Exodus, South Pacific, Zorba the Greek and a United Artists released "Best Of" themes album from about 13 of their movies, Dr Zhivago (this looked pristine.. a double album in a protective clear vinyl sleeve, on and on.

The condition of the actual albums might be another story. I slid a few out of their sleeves and none looked badly scratched or too beat up.

I need to go back, that's for sure.

-Jeff

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2013, 02:25:53 AM »
OK, here goes.
I dont really collect records anymore, haven't since I was a teenager, except occasionally i buy them now if in a junk store for a funny cover or something, well I will if I see one I actually like, but its usually nana maskourie or some shit.

reggae and ska etc.

some hip hop kinda stuff

I like this a lot

I have more, but they are mixed up with my fathers for now.

I guess Chris wil enjoy the reggae selection. I need one more Peter Tosh to have them all, I think ill slowly start again, get this, then work on Bunny Wailer, and also id like each of the UPSETTER studio albums on Vinyl.

Black Ash Dub is hands down the best Dub album I ever heard *when Dub meant Dub now whatever it means these days).

Sadly I lost a lot when I was sick and had to move back to the country,

Enjoy.
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2013, 02:43:41 AM »
That is a-lot Ari

You have large collections... You must have the biggest: record collection, VHS cassette tape collection, Hammer poster collection, dead rodent collection... did I miss anything else?...