Author Topic: Odd poster for 1959`s Solomon and Sheba  (Read 2582 times)

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
Odd poster for 1959`s Solomon and Sheba
« on: July 18, 2011, 02:40:05 PM »
Anyone here knows what this may be??
It`s a poster for Solomon & Sheba. According to the owner, the size is aprox. 36 x 10 inches and it`s printed on both sides. The only thing of this size I could find is 36x12 reproductions at movieposter.com

This is the front (with the same art the belgian poster has):

and the back

Thanks in advance!
Matias
http://110x75.blogspot.com.ar/

IG: @cinepapelarchivo

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
Re: Odd poster for 1959`s Solomon and Sheba
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 02:46:03 PM »
Anyone here knows what this may be??
It`s a poster for Solomon & Sheba. According to the owner, the size is aprox. 36 x 10 inches and it`s printed on both sides. The only thing of this size I could find is 36x12 reproductions at movieposter.com

This is the front (with the same art the belgian poster has):

and the back

Thanks in advance!

The back area looks like a sort of snipe place or local exhibition area that could be indiviualised for each Theatre IMO.
The front image is excellent but i cant help as far as country of origin.

Stew

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 03:20:01 PM »
The back area looks like a sort of snipe place or local exhibition area that could be indiviualised for each Theatre IMO.
Stew

That is a good guess Stew. I find intriguing the fact that it was printed on both sides, one with full image, and the other with that "snipe area". Was it just for using on glass (allowing both sides to be seen)?? or the exhibitor could choose wich side to use?....
Matias

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 03:31:09 PM »
That is a good guess Stew. I find intriguing the fact that it was printed on both sides, one with full image, and the other with that "snipe area". Was it just for using on glass (allowing both sides to be seen)?? or the exhibitor could choose wich side to use?....
An interesting question,maybe if both yul and Gina was a big enough pull, the exhibitor could just reverse the image and adapt his snipe..

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2011, 08:51:51 PM »
I seem to remember a MoPo member having an assortment of similar pieces for sale several months ago from a number of films of that era. The art was unique as was the size.  I saved some of the images...here's one. You might want to pose this question on MoPo where the dealer might see it.

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2011, 06:04:36 PM »
Ted, do you have more of the images or remember who the poster was??. I`ve searched in filmfan.com for messages including "Girl in the red velvet swing" and found only FS or WTB mails...
Matias

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2011, 06:44:41 PM »
I'll look for the other images, Matias. I don't think the titles were listed in the post itself, just a link to ebay.  It might have been Channing Thomson (?). I'll see what I can dig up.