Author Topic: Magazine recommendation - poster images  (Read 3207 times)

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
Magazine recommendation - poster images
« on: January 11, 2010, 03:22:11 PM »
I know many people buy old auction catalogues and Bruce's books for image reference or browsing, so... I picked up a copy of Horror Hound a couple weeks ago, the writing is not the greatest and the magazine is a bit thin for price, however, it does contain quite a bit of horror poster images. Mainly Wolfman and some Mexican related films this month. Worth a look if you are browsing the mag rack.

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
Re: Magazine recommendation - poster images
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 10:37:02 PM »
is this a new mag, Dale?  One that you can pick up at borders or barnes and noble?
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Dr Hackenbush

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 10:50:52 PM »
Seems so.  They're up to issue 21

cinemarts

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 02:27:29 AM »
Both my publications in the mid-1980s, BEYOND IMAGINATION and SHOCKING CINEMA, were chockers with poster/LC/FoH pics.

Anyone who doesn't have Sean Linkenback's great book on Godzilla collectibles is massing the nest collection anywhere
of Godzilla posters, plus hundreds of pages of thousands of other Godzilla collectibles.

Phil

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2010, 04:50:24 AM »
I will have to check out that mag.  I wonder if barnes & noble and the like would have it.
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

cinemarts

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2010, 08:48:53 AM »
I always use www.bookfinder.com as a starting point for any OOP publications, books or periodicals.

Phil