Author Topic: Sellers to Praise  (Read 143901 times)

Offline lynaron

• Collector
Re: Sellers to Praise
« Reply #175 on: October 02, 2014, 04:35:55 PM »
I second that about Dennis.  Always great to deal with.
I'll raise a glass to the illusion but drink to the reality.

Offline lynaron

• Collector
« Reply #176 on: October 06, 2014, 03:13:52 PM »
Just got in a new FRANKENSTEIN MEETS THE WOLFMAN lobby card from Steve Kast (nosepickingspaz@comcast.net) of Vacaville, Ca.  With out a doubt one of the best packaging jobs ever.  The card was sandwiched in between two pieces of oversized foam core and had EIGHT, EIGHT layers of cardboard!  Plus he charged only 8.50 for postage when it cost just over 23 bucks to send.  The man is a real mensch.  I made up the postage difference and am one happy camper.

L.
I'll raise a glass to the illusion but drink to the reality.

darthbooth1978

« Reply #177 on: November 23, 2014, 11:39:41 AM »
Newbie from the U.K. Here and I have to praise Legend Movie Posters on eBay. Great comms, and very honest seller.

Offline pratschm

• Hoarder
« Reply #178 on: February 19, 2015, 07:15:54 PM »
Alexandra and Ron over at MotionPictureArt.com (http://www.motionpictureart.com/home.php)

I recently ordered 7 banners and a one sheet from MotionPictureArt.com and the transaction was everything you'd want.
Alexandra was extremely friendly and prompt with her responses, responding within 24 hours (I'm in the US, they are in the Netherlands).
The packaging was terrific (not a ding on anything after the long journey) and the shipping was fast (5 business days).
The items themselves look fantastic and were as described, if not better. Alexandra even emailed prior to shipment to inform me of a few extra points of edge wear on one of the banners so that there were no surprises.

Excellent transaction all around. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase from them again in the future.
star.gif star.gif star.gif star.gif star.gif
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 07:17:40 PM by pratschm »
Witty signature goes here.

MotionPictureArt.com

« Reply #179 on: March 14, 2015, 04:00:03 AM »
Thanks Mike! Much appreciated!

Alexandra & Ron - MotionPictureArt.com

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #180 on: September 15, 2015, 12:48:09 AM »
Nothing but the best words for poster seller, John Green (aka fellow APF member DarvishJo).

http://www.musicman.com/mp/mp.html

His communication, ease of transaction, help and info, make him a top notch seller.

I bought a poster from him last Thurs, and it was here the following Monday (today).

Thanks again, John.  star.gif star.gif star.gif star.gif star.gif

And your poster blog posts, here on APF, Rock, too!!

« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 12:06:23 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #181 on: September 15, 2015, 06:32:39 PM »
^ I totally agree with Jeff.
John is outstanding and he has an incredible inventory.
 clap clap clap clap

Offline DarvishJo

• Collector
    • The Movie Poster Page
« Reply #182 on: September 15, 2015, 07:26:25 PM »
Thanks Jeff and Ted!  I really appreciate it  sm1

John

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
« Reply #183 on: September 15, 2015, 08:56:46 PM »
And the man is organized! Thumbs up for John G.

Offline DarvishJo

• Collector
    • The Movie Poster Page
« Reply #184 on: September 15, 2015, 09:01:11 PM »
I'm not sure where you got that idea Jason, but I'll take that as something to live up to!   eyeroll

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #185 on: September 15, 2015, 11:33:49 PM »
Thanks Jeff and Ted!  I really appreciate it  sm1

John

Yur welcome, John.

The appreciation is mutual.  cheers

-Jeff

Offline Gingerman

• Hobbyist
  • I said......Give me time......
    • Be Kind Please Rewind
« Reply #186 on: September 16, 2015, 05:30:16 PM »
I just wanted to take a few minutes and add my comments on several reliable sellers. In no particular order. All of these sellers had excellent communication, easy payment, good packaging, and are recommended. I would do business with any of these sellers again.

Ari was easy and simple to buy from.  offaleater.com/ As I saw items I wanted he put them aside for me, I like this because it gave me time to browse and no worries about the stuff being sold. After payment he responded with a tracking number. A short time later I received my stuff from Aussie to the States. Recommended without a doubt.

John, a.k.a. DarvishJo on the forum. www.musicman.com/mp/mp.html the website has so much stuff to offer. I sent him a list, he told me how much and where to send the money. The shipping was lightning fast. Communication was frequent from my side as I had questions. He was very quick to respond to me. Recommended for sure.

Dale, a.k.a. ddilts399 on the forum. He has an ebay store with the same seller name ddilts399. I contacted him with a wish list through the forum. He promptly responded with my total and where to send the funds. A few days later I received my stuff. He used an old scarp bin poster to protect the outside and ends of the good stuff. Lightning fast shipping as well. Great source for more recent movies.

Bruce and emovieposter.com get a lot of love around here. They have a handy pay and hold program I use frequently. They use brown craft paper to protect the posters in transit. Not good for long term storage (IMHO) but great for shipping. This place can be very addictive, lots of stuff you didn't even know you wanted. Lastly, stay away from my bids! HAHA

I have made comments in the past about certain items being harder to find for me. This is because I am very cautious of who I buy stuff from. This limits my activity on Ebay. That being said I have dealt with an Ebay seller named grimreaper78larry who is a pleasure to buy from. His stuff varies, but always fairly described and photographed. Recommended ebayer, to my knowledge he is not one of us here.

FRAMES

I have purchased frames from a few different places. I have 2 I want to mention.

Spotlight Displays www.spotlightdisplays.com/ are easy to deal with. The frames can but custom cut to any dimensions. They have a range of colors avaliable. Plus they have a discount code for APFers. These frames are great for me to display my modern stuff that I change frequently. I use an art core board with these frames (not supplied) because it reduces the "snap" factor. So it puts less pressure on the edges of the posters.

Hollywood Poster Frames www.hollywoodposterframes.com is also a good supplier for frames. They have a range of "levels" from ecomony to archival. Which each level has varying features. They custom cut to order any dimensions, and also have a range of colors. These frames are made to be sealed and seldom/never changed.
This Space For Rent!

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #187 on: September 16, 2015, 08:53:14 PM »
Rich from MoviePosterBid.com has an excellent pay and hold system. I have some posters on hold for over a year and I reckon Rich will hold it forever, or until I am ready to have them sent!  thumbsup.gif   I should be able to find something else to purchase in the occasional upcoming MPB auctions so I reckon sometime during 2016 I might say, ok, maybe send them now.

Offline Gingerman

• Hobbyist
    • Be Kind Please Rewind
« Reply #188 on: September 16, 2015, 09:21:07 PM »
Rich from MoviePosterBid.com has an excellent pay and hold system. I have some posters on hold for over a year and I reckon Rich will hold it forever, or until I am ready to have them sent!  thumbsup.gif   I should be able to find something else to purchase in the occasional upcoming MPB auctions so I reckon sometime during 2016 I might say, ok, maybe send them now.

I have not bid on any of the stuff on MPB. Every time I look there is nothing up for auction. Does Rich have a mailing list for upcoming auctions? Gotta love pay and hold systems! Maybe I will go register.......
This Space For Rent!

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #189 on: September 16, 2015, 09:49:59 PM »
I have not bid on any of the stuff on MPB. Every time I look there is nothing up for auction. Does Rich have a mailing list for upcoming auctions? Gotta love pay and hold systems! Maybe I will go register.......

I think Rich is planning one auction every couple of months. Not sure about a mailing list however you will know about any upcoming as they will be advertised is this and other forums and will be hard to miss.

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #190 on: September 16, 2015, 11:44:16 PM »

Rich does a great job wrangling auctions.

His banner sez - Next Auction Begins Sept 23rd Rolled One-Sheets, 30x40's and other rolled poster sizes.

Be there or be square.  wynk

http://movieposterbid.com/

Offline Gingerman

• Hobbyist
    • Be Kind Please Rewind
« Reply #191 on: October 17, 2015, 01:26:08 AM »
I would like to add Martin, user name here is Canadian1sh. He had a few items I was looking for. He sent me multiple pictures of the posters, carefully detailing any "problem" areas on the posters. Like small edge wear, corner fold, stuff like that. He sent me a detailed email of the transaction. After payment he sent me a tracking number. Not to long after that, a hard plastic tube arrived. Filled with carefully packaged posters. I definitely recommend Martin, it was a pleasure all around.
This Space For Rent!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #192 on: October 20, 2015, 07:09:06 PM »
Had a first time dealing with Dale Dilts last week. The packaging was like Fort Knox and the shipping time was at light speed, getting to me in 2 days. He even resolved one issue and will be sending a replacement poster for one that had some damage to an area of the surface of it, when it arrived.

Overall, it was a good experience.

Thanks again, Dale.

cheers

« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 03:05:36 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #193 on: October 20, 2015, 07:23:24 PM »
Dale is a top-shelf, numero-uno superdude.

Only issue I have with him is that he has a ginormous collection and no website to show it off to all of us.

(That's a hint, Dale.)
 wynk

cheers

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #194 on: October 20, 2015, 11:09:21 PM »

well I didn't even realize you fellers were talkin about me. But I think I saw you in the "visits list" today
yes I do maintain the mailing list & generally only send out a message when something is going to happen, like the end of auctions tomorrow
All registered members get the emails, unless of course if they turn messages off
good luck to sm1morrow!

Rich does a great job wrangling auctions.

His banner sez - Next Auction Begins Sept 23rd Rolled One-Sheets, 30x40's and other rolled poster sizes.

Be there or be square.  wynk

http://movieposterbid.com/

awwwww.. thanks Ted!  :-*

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline Gingerman

• Hobbyist
    • Be Kind Please Rewind
« Reply #195 on: October 21, 2015, 01:03:56 AM »
well I didn't even realize you fellers were talkin about me. But I think I saw you in the "visits list" today
yes I do maintain the mailing list & generally only send out a message when something is going to happen, like the end of auctions tomorrow
All registered members get the emails, unless of course if they turn messages off
good luck to sm1morrow!

awwwww.. thanks Ted!  :-*

I was on the site today Rich. How can I stay away from an auction.......now if you could get those pesky folks away from the stuff I bid on that would be perfect!  thumbsup.gif I plan to win 1 or 5 of them!
This Space For Rent!

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #196 on: October 21, 2015, 01:25:54 AM »
I was on the site today Rich. How can I stay away from an auction.......now if you could get those pesky folks away from the stuff I bid on that would be perfect!  thumbsup.gif I plan to win 1 or 5 of them!

well, I can't tell you what to do about those pesky folks other than to beat them over the heads with bids to destroy them as you drive your enemies before you.....

;D

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #197 on: October 25, 2015, 04:27:04 PM »
Quick follow-up, re: Dale and his customer service. The replacement poster arrived in 2-3 days, and was, once again, packaged like something coming from Fort Knox!   thumbsup.gif

Thanks again, Dale.

Jeff

-Jeff

Offline Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #198 on: August 26, 2016, 06:30:20 AM »
They say the test of a good seller is when something goes wrong - despite plenty of orders over the years, I had my first damaged tube from Tim at Favourite Film this week...he handled it perfectly and with no fuss. An excellent seller and a good chap too, very much recommended:

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Favourite-Film-Movie-Posters?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

Offline Mardukas

• Hobbyist
« Reply #199 on: December 15, 2016, 05:57:44 PM »
I know he's highly thought of around these parts but I would add another glowing endorsement of Dale. Bought plenty from him the last few years, always top notch to deal with.
Also picked something up from Adam/Bondposters for the first time recently and thought he was great to deal with, very smooth all round. Thanks, guys!