Author Topic: a japanese poster site I have not seen before  (Read 3542 times)

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
a japanese poster site I have not seen before
« on: June 29, 2011, 11:11:35 PM »
Neat little place I happened upon. They seem to sell only chirashi.

http://www.jposter.net
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

raulleaf

Re: a japanese poster site I have not seen before
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 11:53:33 PM »
Yeah only chirashis; but the prices and shipping seem ok if you need one....

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 02:13:42 AM »
Who needs chirashis?
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 02:21:54 AM »
Who needs chirashis?

Well, Harry did set up a nice collage of sorts on his wall with a bunch of them.
Looked pretty cool.

masterpizza2

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2011, 04:46:31 AM »
In the past few months, I've noticed a growing interest for Chirashi. There are some random collectors, buying them in lots of 50-200, 5-6 times a month, at an average price of $5-8. Anyone have any thoughts what is causing this spark in interest?

raulleaf

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2011, 07:01:33 AM »
Who needs chirashis?

People who can't afford B0 and B1s...  ;)

I don't particularly focus on Chirashi but I tend to want all official print from a movie or actor/actress that I am collecting and at $2 for a double sided official poster I can see the appeal.  I would say the same for Press Books; "who needs press books?" but there is appeal there as well.

Plus, like Lobbies, Chirashi posters are very easy to store....  I keep my 10 or so in a binder in sleeves with my other Mag ads.

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2011, 01:22:34 AM »
Who needs chirashis?

I collect them, but only as they are given to me as freebies over time.  Throughout the past 8 years, though, I've accumulated about 300 or so of them.

What I like most about them is that they give you a very broad overview of the japanese posters that are out there.  So, if you find art on a chirashi that really gets you, then you can look for the b2 or the b1.  The only time I have not seen it translate like that is for the Pi chirashi, of which there are 3 or so.  I've only seen one b2 version, and never a B1.  Boy, if a B1 of one of those Pi posters ever came up, I would be unstoppable until I acquired it.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2011, 01:23:50 AM »
Who needs chirashis?

Also, they are really fun to collect.  I put them all in 8 1/2 x 11 sleeves, and the go into a three ring binder.  It's a whole collection on a bookshelf, really just for admiring the art.

And lastly, I collect them because you don't.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

guest4168

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2011, 08:30:31 AM »
Many thanks for your kind words Holiday. I've put a lot of time into making the site easy to use, with good images and accurate info.

I hope it's useful to anyone that collects B5 chirashi, and if any of the members here have any feedback I'd be glad to hear it.

By the way, I'll probably add some other formats aside from B5 in the future ... but one step at a time!