Author Topic: Back to the Future Help- Conflicting Versions from both Bruce and Heritage  (Read 1970 times)

Offline ATLfun

• Hoarder

Okay, I just got around to opening my rolled back to the future from movie poster zone. I noticed that the bottom had very little extra stuff like union symbols and what not.  It only says printed in the usa in the left hand bottom corner and in the right hand bottom corner a NSS#.
Exactly like this one in Bruce's archive (also similar ones in Heritage archive)

http://www.emovieposter.com/gallery/inc/archive_image.php?id=4054471

However, both auctions also have a variant copy with more items at the bottom border. The other version has a union logo, the name of the film, a number but not labeled as NSS and it has major mice type centered in the bottom with nothing on the left hand side.

http://www.emovieposter.com/gallery/inc/archive_image.php?id=1807706

Neither auction house mentions variants in their poster descriptions.  And there is not a price difference between the two posters.  What gives?

Brian

"Please step away from the keyboard.  In my unsolicited opinion, you paid too much for your poster," said APF Price Police Officer Thierry.  

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
The first is usually referred to as the 'studio' version (meaning printed and distributed at the behest of) and the second version is referred to as the 'NSS' version.  Both are legit.  This same dual studio/NSS release exists for a few other posters as well including Blade Runner and Escape from New York, and I'm sure a few others.

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
Sorry guys, not meaning to highjack this thread but Matt please check your PM's!
Chris

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
In order of rarity for BTTF

NSS rolled (quite difficult to find, although Bruce had one for sale recently), NSS folded (somewhat rare, but not uncommon), Studio rolled (all over the place).

Studio folded do not exist.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)