Author Topic: Clint Eastwood: Icon  (Read 5793 times)

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
Clint Eastwood: Icon
« on: January 10, 2010, 09:30:37 AM »
I was given this book for my birthday.  It is an incredible book, and I would highly recommend it for any movie poster or Eastwood fan.  Frangioni had an incredible collection.  It showcases some, but not all of his collection.  The photos and essays are very well done.  I also got the Stanley Kubrick Taschen book which is also amazing.
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: Clint Eastwood: Icon
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 11:39:46 AM »
Happy birthday, Schan!
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline supraman079

• Global Moderator
  • Collector
    • Supraman079's Poster Website
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 11:54:27 AM »
Happy B-Day bud!

Chad

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 07:38:50 PM »
It's a great book.  I wish Thierry would do a similar book with his Spielberg collection.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline idioteque

• Hobbyist
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, 02:29:20 AM »
Great book, and great collection (the portion that's included). Clint Eastwood - Icons 2, sometime in the future I hope. Thierry would need more than one volume also!

And Schan, The Stanley Kubrick Archives is certainly a giant of a book, both in content and size.

Offline Ed_209uk

• Hobbyist
    • Film on Paper
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2010, 05:48:18 AM »
Belated happy b'day Schan.

I really dig the Clint Eastwood book too. Some incredible posters in there, that's for sure.
My collection website: Film on Paper
Twitter: @filmonpaper

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2010, 08:17:38 AM »
Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone.  A second book is definitely warranted, but Mr. Frangioni has since sold a bunch of his collection; so, I dont know if it will ever happen.  We can all hope though!

Schan
Schan
My Poster Gallery

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2010, 12:11:17 PM »
There is a video review on Amazon where they flip through the book very quickly... it looks like there are some fantastic pieces in it! 

Do you know if it includes the TGTBATU Rome premier posters that were just auctioned at Heritage?  What I wouldn't give to own those puppies...

Offline idioteque

• Hobbyist
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2010, 10:57:40 PM »
There is a video review on Amazon where they flip through the book very quickly... it looks like there are some fantastic pieces in it! 

Do you know if it includes the TGTBATU Rome premier posters that were just auctioned at Heritage?  What I wouldn't give to own those puppies...

No unfortunately. $33,000, but not pride of place in this book. Stunning posters indeed.

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2010, 04:51:05 AM »
there are a lot that werent in there........like the int'l style Outlaw Josey Wales, though the art is on the cover.
Schan
My Poster Gallery