Author Topic: Mad Max Litho in US/No Litho in US  (Read 9954 times)

Charlie

Re: Mad Max Litho in US/No Litho in US
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2011, 08:30:54 AM »
Not a one sheet.

Yeah, I said "large format" because I couldn't remember if it was 30x40 or 40x60 and the HA site was dragging for me last night.

Charlie

« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2011, 08:31:36 AM »
OK, I've taken a picture of it and will post it later. My poster is the rare US International and as I said previously it has the GAU logo.

...and Thierry, you are very fortunate to have that signed Mad Max poster. There are many dozens of clean, unfolded examples around and I would gladly swap one for your uniquely defaced paper, to add to my director-signed poster collection.

Mark

Dying from anticipation; the third variation....

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2011, 12:57:09 PM »
Awesome, you can send me the one with his Signature on it then.  It should be with someone that will appreciate it. :D

If you live close to Melbourne, I promise to take you with me to have your own copy signed the next time I'm down under (which could be as early as next year, since I believe we have a wedding over there.)
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Online marklawd

• Hoarder
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2011, 02:02:23 PM »
So here is the Mad Max International (with apologies for shadows on the poster caused by the unusually strong sun for this time of year)

Close up of GAU logo

Close up of title/style

I'll post the poster image on the "Posters for Aussie Films" thread as well.

Mark

Charlie

« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2011, 02:47:46 PM »
Beautiful poster Mark! Thanks for taking a photo. That logo is legit for the first release; I don't think you should have any concern. I was thinking you had the US (non-international) poster with a GAU logo...

So we are still back to two known (US release) versions...  This may also rule out the logoless be an international version.... 

Do we know of any other logoless posters?

Offline theartofmovieposters

• Collector
    • theartofmovieposters
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2011, 05:21:10 PM »
If you live close to Melbourne, I promise to take you with me to have your own copy signed the next time I'm down under (which could be as early as next year, since I believe we have a wedding over there.)

I still need to buy the poster!  Like I said, it's a love/hate thing for me.  Not a top priority, and after seeing Mark's Int...hmmm I think it's sunk further down the list!

Anywho, I am near Melbourne, so we should catch up over lunch or something if possible...
Ves

Offline Ed_209uk

• Hobbyist
    • Film on Paper
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2011, 06:15:07 AM »
Great detective work fellas! I've updated the details on my site to reflect the new info.

clap
My collection website: Film on Paper
Twitter: @filmonpaper

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2011, 09:50:24 AM »
Very nice, Mark.

The best paper on this title, to be sure.
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,