Author Topic: Post-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....  (Read 2833908 times)

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
Re: Post-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....
« Reply #9475 on: December 04, 2017, 03:17:57 PM »
http://www.tvovermind.com/entertainment-news/original-dracula-poster-becomes-expensive-film-poster-ever-sold

And they didn't report where it was sold, nor for how much it went.

the guy who wrote that article is a total fool

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #9476 on: December 04, 2017, 03:25:42 PM »
It sounds to me that this is written by someone who doesn't have a penny to his name and is extremely bitter about it.  A failed writer and screenwriter.

Having said that, everyone is entitled to his/her opinion, and I understand why someone would think that half a million dollars spent on a piece of advertising is utterly ridiculous.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #9477 on: December 04, 2017, 03:30:01 PM »
I wonder if the article's author, Tom wrote this bio himself:

"Tom has written several articles pertaining to TV and films throughout the course of his career. At this time he is a published author and an aspiring screenwriter and has featured several short film ideas on his own site.

His full-length novels include such titles as the “Of Light and Shadows” series, the “Sanu’te’ Chronicles” and the riveting thriller “Phonebook”. All of his novels can be found on Amazon Kindle. The screenplays he’s shared to date are “Unbound”, “Witness”, “Common Ground”, and “Don’t Stop”. He currently works as a freelance writer and also works as a part-time screenwriter. He currently resides in Oregon with his family."

Plus a link to other articles he's written, I guess he goes by "Wake" for this site:

http://www.tvovermind.com/author/wake9779/
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 03:35:09 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #9478 on: December 04, 2017, 04:13:33 PM »
Of course he did.  No doubt.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline ladeda

• Hobbyist
« Reply #9479 on: December 04, 2017, 08:14:01 PM »
Eh, it's not anything disapproving/confused friends & family haven't said. Of course there's something absurd about purchasing movie posters, of course. That's okay!  thumbsup.gif

Collectors, regardless of what are an odd breed.  thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif

guest4955

« Reply #9480 on: December 05, 2017, 09:46:08 AM »
Old news but new to me, priciest 2001 MP ever sold at HA:

Offline marklawd

• Hoarder
« Reply #9481 on: December 05, 2017, 10:36:42 AM »
I love that poster - I have one of those 2001 Hilton armchairs in its original lurid-pink stretch fabric - they were supposedly all destroyed.

Mark

Online crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #9482 on: December 05, 2017, 05:26:14 PM »
And did you see the offers on the Make an Offer feature?  60% more than the original selling price.

While it didn't lead to a sale here, HA again leads the competition with this feature, I know several who have completed deals on it and made excellent sales (and Heritage only charges a flat 10% for facilitating these sales)
The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

guest4955

« Reply #9483 on: December 06, 2017, 10:32:54 AM »
Ha, didn't even notice offers.

"Lawd" do post pics of your "groovy lurid-pink" armchair lest we doubt:

guest4531

« Reply #9484 on: December 07, 2017, 07:50:43 AM »
And did you see the offers on the Make an Offer feature?  60% more than the original selling price.

While it didn't lead to a sale here, HA again leads the competition with this feature, I know several who have completed deals on it and made excellent sales (and Heritage only charges a flat 10% for facilitating these sales)

I did some offers on few items on HA, I doubled the price but it was not enough.  I was surprised to see that offers history is there for all members to see.

guest4531

« Reply #9485 on: December 07, 2017, 08:05:14 AM »
I am a small player when it comes to collecting things as I am a naturally born cheapskate :)

Anyway, I was working night shift on Tuesday night, what a great occasion to bid live at EMP auction (which I rarely as they fall in middle of nights; btw are they transatlantic people here who wake up at night just to bid?).

Well, I ended up spending 180 USD in one night, a first for me in regards of posters!
But I am thrilled to have won something "We have never auctioned this poster before!" and thus to have a unique poster, something that very few people have (I could even be the only one to have it).

It is a large Italian poster, equivalent to US 24sh.  Size is 113 x 208"  (286 x 528 cm).   
I am trying to get info online to know if it is an official Italian size but found nothing aside the standard 2- and 4-fogli.

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #9486 on: December 07, 2017, 09:04:47 AM »
....btw are there transatlantic people here who wake up at night just to bid?

Yes.  Me.

Offline Tang Lung in Rome

• Hoarder
« Reply #9487 on: December 07, 2017, 11:32:05 AM »
Me too (I also watch WWE ppv's live sometimes)  :P

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #9488 on: December 07, 2017, 12:10:33 PM »
I am a small player when it comes to collecting things as I am a naturally born cheapskate :)

Anyway, I was working night shift on Tuesday night, what a great occasion to bid live at EMP auction (which I rarely as they fall in middle of nights; btw are they transatlantic people here who wake up at night just to bid?).

Well, I ended up spending 180 USD in one night, a first for me in regards of posters!
But I am thrilled to have won something "We have never auctioned this poster before!" and thus to have a unique poster, something that very few people have (I could even be the only one to have it).

It is a large Italian poster, equivalent to US 24sh.  Size is 113 x 208"  (286 x 528 cm).   
I am trying to get info online to know if it is an official Italian size but found nothing aside the standard 2- and 4-fogli.

Neat looking Italian billboard for Hatari, there, BB. Congrats on the win! And by Nistri, no less. thumbsup.gif

You mentioned spending $180 USD. I see you won the poster for $101.00. So is the rest of that total for the shipping fee? Or did you win something else, too?

And do you have a wall all set for it to be hung up on?  ;D

« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 12:21:49 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

guest4531

« Reply #9489 on: December 08, 2017, 01:22:35 AM »
Neat looking Italian billboard for Hatari, there, BB. Congrats on the win! And by Nistri, no less. thumbsup.gif

You mentioned spending $180 USD. I see you won the poster for $101.00. So is the rest of that total for the shipping fee? Or did you win something else, too?

And do you have a wall all set for it to be hung up on?  ;D

Hi there,

1. Kudos to the courageous ones waking up at night to bid  thumbsup.gif

2. Erik1925, it is indeed. Now, everybody can guess my username on EMP :p  but anyway, this is my last lot for EVER as I have other more important plan, leaving Kenya and relocating to Merida (MXCO) by mid-2018.  Yes, I won other stuff (GODS MUST BE CRAZY Italian 1p, ZAPATA Italian 1p, EXIT THROUGH THE GIFT SHOP French 1p, SPIRITED AWAY French 1p).   I have space as I live in a penthouse and thus have a very long wall, just need to organise for DIY perspex... but since I live in Kenya, my aim is to frame it and show off, hoping to sell it to a prestigious lodge in Masai Mara.

3.  Any info about the Italian large size, is it a legit Italian size ?

Cheers

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #9490 on: December 08, 2017, 09:34:04 AM »
I so close to bid on that but thought I would never display it as soon big. It sure looks great and sure to be original, congrats

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #9491 on: December 08, 2017, 09:47:37 AM »
Yeah, I agree with Steve, it's a great looking poster, congrats on the pick up!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #9492 on: December 08, 2017, 03:46:43 PM »

Hi there,

1. Kudos to the courageous ones waking up at night to bid  thumbsup.gif

2. Erik1925, it is indeed. Now, everybody can guess my username on EMP :p  but anyway, this is my last lot for EVER as I have other more important plan, leaving Kenya and relocating to Merida (MXCO) by mid-2018.  Yes, I won other stuff (GODS MUST BE CRAZY Italian 1p, ZAPATA Italian 1p, EXIT THROUGH THE GIFT SHOP French 1p, SPIRITED AWAY French 1p).   I have space as I live in a penthouse and thus have a very long wall, just need to organise for DIY perspex... but since I live in Kenya, my aim is to frame it and show off, hoping to sell it to a prestigious lodge in Masai Mara.

3.  Any info about the Italian large size, is it a legit Italian size ?

Cheers

Sounds like a nice mix of things you won, BB.

That Hatari billboard will look stunning, Im sure. I would guess that it is a legitimate size but maybe not printed up as often in Italy? Or maybe done more for blockbuster or "larger than life" war or adventure type films?

And congrats on the upcoming move. Im sure it's beautiful down in that part of the Mexican peninsula.  How long have you been in Kenya?

-Jeff

guest4955

« Reply #9493 on: December 10, 2017, 07:32:45 PM »

guest4955

« Reply #9494 on: December 15, 2017, 11:47:30 AM »
Dracula LC sold for $1.5K more than a few months ago:

BAT floundered:

guest4955

« Reply #9495 on: December 18, 2017, 01:54:32 AM »
Stooges love continues:

Online crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #9497 on: December 18, 2017, 02:43:41 PM »
First release Swedish OS for King Kong sold December 6th, for a BIN of $79,200.00 !! clap clap

Find it really hard to believe that after a year someone pulled the trigger on this ugly poster, even at the reduced price
The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #9498 on: December 18, 2017, 03:03:20 PM »
There's no such thing as an ugly Kong.  ;)
Matias
http://110x75.blogspot.com.ar/

IG: @cinepapelarchivo

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #9499 on: December 18, 2017, 03:45:22 PM »
not only is it ugly, I'm not so sure it's the original release poster, seeing as we know that the 1938R is a gorgeous color piece

I'd like to say it is a 40s or 50s reissue

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------