Author Topic: Post-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....  (Read 2833914 times)

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
Re: Post-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....
« Reply #10250 on: January 26, 2019, 02:19:38 AM »
hey.. just a question.. should we change the name of this thread to

"Post-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev.... unless you want to post-auction analyze Heritage poster sales"

askin for a friend

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #10251 on: January 26, 2019, 02:40:27 AM »
How about "Emovieposter bashing - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev...."  I would even let you and Crowzilla run the thread as you please. 

Actually, joke aside, it sounds like a pretty decent idea, so people like me, who are really tired of it, can avoid the thread altogether.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

• Post-aholic
« Reply #10252 on: January 26, 2019, 03:05:22 AM »
How about "Emovieposter bashing - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev...."  I would even let you and Crowzilla run the thread as you please. 

Actually, joke aside, it sounds like a pretty decent idea, so people like me, who are really tired of it, can avoid the thread altogether.

T

who is bashing EMP in any way?

did anyone say anything bad about them?

just because you say something positive about one auction doesn't mean you are saying something negative about another

don't be like a Trumpster who can't handle people talking about Hillary

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder

-------

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #10253 on: January 26, 2019, 11:09:26 AM »
who is bashing EMP in any way?

laugh1 laugh1 laugh1 laugh1 laugh1 laugh1 laugh1

No comment.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

• Post-aholic
« Reply #10254 on: January 26, 2019, 04:06:33 PM »
laugh1 laugh1 laugh1 laugh1 laugh1 laugh1 laugh1

No comment.

T

what do you mean no comment. if you want to accuse people of attacking others, post the proof, don't run away.

this is post-auction discussion. the only thing I have done is discuss. the only thing Sean did was discuss. The same thing as Vick, Jeff, Yourself etc. and every other person who has posted within this 411 page thread

I posted factual information, with no slanders. If the factual information makes anyone look better than anyone else, it's purely because the facts favor whomever looks better, when apples are compared to apples

nobody said anything negative about anyone, except for you that is.

-------

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #10255 on: January 26, 2019, 04:21:25 PM »
There you go.  I opened that thread you and Crowzilla so desperately need.  I don't know why I didn't think of it earlier. 

So the rule is, you can post about Heritage's great numbers here, shout them as loud as you want, it is a post auction thread after all, but you or anyone else attempt to compare these great numbers to Emovieposter's numbers in a negative way, it will be cut and posted in the Bashing thread, where it belongs.  I won't read the Bashing thread, it's your playground.  Enjoy.

T
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 04:23:09 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

• Post-aholic
« Reply #10256 on: January 26, 2019, 04:42:56 PM »
There you go.  I opened that thread you and Crowzilla so desperately need.  I don't know why I didn't think of it earlier. 

So the rule is, you can post about Heritage's great numbers here, shout them as loud as you want, it is a post auction thread after all, but you or anyone else attempt to compare these great numbers to Emovieposter's numbers in a negative way, it will be cut and posted in the Bashing thread, where it belongs.  I won't read the Bashing thread, it's your playground.  Enjoy.

T

again, nobody bashed EMP. Not one bit. comparative prices were posted. That's all.
if factual data is uncomfortable, then you must be a Trumper ;-)

-------

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #10257 on: January 26, 2019, 04:45:34 PM »
No one is fooled, Rich.  You've been at it for too long.

Anyhow, this is how it is now.  Crowzilla gave it a great start  thumbsup.gif

T
My Personal Collection

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #10258 on: January 28, 2019, 09:01:56 AM »

Wait, how would you know unless you read it?
The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline Charlie

• Collector
« Reply #10259 on: January 28, 2019, 01:46:28 PM »
No one is fooled, Rich.  You've been at it for too long.

T

4 years removed and it is the same old song and dance...  Some people like the Dallas Cowboys and everybody else hates them.

If you wanted to, I bet you could probably do a study on most of the hobby and determine a lot a bout a collector just by which seller they prefer. 

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #10260 on: January 28, 2019, 03:09:54 PM »
You may be right, Charlie, but no more.  And since I don't know how to move a post from one thread to another, I will just remove posts that do not belong.  I'm done with this stupidity.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #10261 on: January 28, 2019, 03:58:12 PM »
did you really delete a post where I gave compliments to Emovie now?
you really are like Trump, people don't goosestep your way, you hit the delete.
Was about to post some examples where they crushed the Heritage results from yesterday, but why bother.
www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #10262 on: January 28, 2019, 04:14:38 PM »
Hey did you guys see the poster at that venue that sold for a price that was very different from a similar offering from another seller in another venue at not the same date or time?
I sat transfixed at my screen staring in disbelief.
What a rush of emotions to see such a startling thing. This proves with 100% accuracy that some venues and/or sellers achieve results that are inside or outside a standard deviation from another seller and/or venue.
www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #10263 on: January 28, 2019, 09:07:31 PM »
You may be right, Charlie, but no more.  And since I don't know how to move a post from one thread to another, I will just remove posts that do not belong.  I'm done with this stupidity.

T

T, If you want posts moved...just let me know, and I can do it, if you want. It's Better to move them, than delete them (which was the Andy-MPF way -- which both you and Holiday hated.... and why you both decided to start APF). ;)

-Jeff

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #10264 on: January 28, 2019, 09:10:26 PM »
T, If you want posts moved...just let me know, and I can do it, if you want. It's Better to move them, than delete them (which was the Andy-MPF way -- which both you and Holiday hated.... and why you both decided to start APF). ;)

Point taken and fair enough, Jeff.  I'll let you know.

T

My Personal Collection

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #10265 on: January 28, 2019, 09:11:47 PM »
Point taken and fair enough, Jeff.  I'll let you know.

T

Sounds good.  thumbup

-Jeff

Offline timelessmoviemagic

• Hobbyist
    • timelessmoviemagic
« Reply #10266 on: January 29, 2019, 04:57:07 AM »
I see things haven't changed much unfortunately
vintage movie posters - http://www.timelessmoviemagic.co.uk/

guest4531

« Reply #10267 on: January 29, 2019, 05:40:17 AM »
Just saying but selling your 1000$ poster at HA is not as straightforward as it may seem.

"Thank you so much for your inquiry.
We ask for a minimum aggregate value of $5000 for a consignment to our movie poster auction.
Unfortunately, we do not believe the nice collectable item you have would meet that.
[...]
EBay is a very good place to list items such as yours.
"

Offline pratschm

• Hoarder
« Reply #10268 on: January 29, 2019, 01:02:39 PM »
Just saying but selling your 1000$ poster at HA is not as straightforward as it may seem.

"Thank you so much for your inquiry.
We ask for a minimum aggregate value of $5000 for a consignment to our movie poster auction.
Unfortunately, we do not believe the nice collectable item you have would meet that.
[...]
EBay is a very good place to list items such as yours.
"

Was that in response to a Signature Auction, or just the weekly?
Witty signature goes here.

• Post-aholic
« Reply #10269 on: January 29, 2019, 03:15:46 PM »
Was that in response to a Signature Auction, or just the weekly?

definitely Signature auction. Min is $5000 consignment for that specific sale, even for regular consignors

-------

Offline pratschm

• Hoarder
« Reply #10270 on: January 29, 2019, 07:13:42 PM »
definitely Signature auction. Min is $5000 consignment for that specific sale, even for regular consignors

Ok, that's what I figured. Thanks.
Don't they actually state that in the fine print somewhere? Thought I'd read that before.
Witty signature goes here.

• Post-aholic
« Reply #10271 on: January 29, 2019, 07:40:49 PM »
Ok, that's what I figured. Thanks.
Don't they actually state that in the fine print somewhere? Thought I'd read that before.

I don't know, Mike. it may or may not be stated somewhere, or Grey may have mentioned it in conversation at some point

-------

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #10272 on: January 29, 2019, 08:12:30 PM »
I cant imagine that the specifics / terms /values / requirements are not clearly defined and laid out for both the HA Sig Auctions, as well as the weekly Sunday nite auctions.

Go onto the HA site and do a simple search. It's there in black and white, more than likely. ;)

-Jeff

guest4531

« Reply #10273 on: January 30, 2019, 01:42:11 AM »
Well, distinction between Signature and Sunday auctions was new to me.  And as you said, terms aren't clearly defined, and the expert has the last word.  I doubt there is something in HA clearly saying that minimum consignment value for both auctions apply; if you find it, share it.

I initially contacted them because I have two posters I bought some years ago which sold pretty well in their past Sunday auction; since I posted a link to past Sunday auctions in my email, my question was for the Sunday auctions not the Signature ones.

"I have a poster I would like to consign.  It is the exact same one that one you sold recently at your Movie Poster auctions [link to Sunday auctions here] but in Very Good condition. Kindly let me know if you would be ready to accept this poster in your upcoming movie posters auctions."

I got the Ebay-$5000-threshold reply, so I replied the following:
"Thank you for your answer.  Ebay is a good place but considering results for this poster at HA, your Sunday auctions is the best place to sell it."
And added:
"Just last one question, what if I have same poster in multiples (apx 20 pcs [...]), would you be ready to accept the consignment and sell them at Sunday auctions over a one- or two-years span."

Fact is that I found someone with stock of posters which sold for $200+ at HA, that's a $100+ markup. I was hoping the few I have would be accepted for Sunday auctions, it was not; so I try the bulk approach to meet their threshold, but in vain. 

Conclusion for me, too bad !  I have poster I want to consign to HA weekly auctions but can't. 

Conclusion for this topic/thread, as said earlier, this thread sounds like consigning at HA is a piece of cake, it is not.   If you do, you should consider yourself lucky :) 
Add to this different date, different condition, etc.,  clearly we are comparing apples and oranges.

Offline DekeThornton

• Collector
« Reply #10274 on: January 30, 2019, 02:13:50 AM »
I inquired about consigning posters to Heritage about 10 years ago and I believe it was even a $5000 minimum value then for the Signature Auctions.  I am not sure if that minimum actually is stated on the web site; at least I didn't find out about it until inquiring about consigning via their web form.  As I recall back then I had 3 posters with a combined value of about $1200. HA offered to take them for the weekly auctions if I could include a bit more value for the initial consignment. Anyway, I ended up consigning those posters to emovieposter. One poster did slightly worse than I expected but the most valuable one got about twice as much as I expected. The experience was good and I was happy with the overall prices achieved.

Anyway, I just recently sent in a consignment to HA for the upcoming Signature Auction and the minimum value threshold did not come up because the items are valued in excess of 5k. But I already knew about the minimum from years back.

So far the process with HA has been pleasant and smooth. I just hope I see some of those vaunted Heritage price results on auction day!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 02:16:37 AM by DekeThornton »