Author Topic: Mid-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....  (Read 2194477 times)

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
Re: Mid-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....
« Reply #8825 on: March 05, 2024, 03:20:44 PM »
Anyone wanna guess what this Killer Klowns will sell for?  Currently 15 watchers with almost 5 days left.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/305402510984?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=QBXN7mibQEq&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=t2uZ4plJSe6&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

A classic movie IMO.  Seems like it's becoming more popular recently; I don't know whether it's the old folks who saw it back in the day and/or a new crowd.  Several years ago I vaguely remember T mentioned that one of the producers said another was in the works to be made.  I wonder what happened with that.

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #8826 on: March 05, 2024, 04:00:30 PM »
Oooo I so want one, but not for that much. Yowza!!! Poster prices have gotten so outrageous in the last 20 years. For years and years and years they were fairly cheap—$5, $10, $25, etc. I kick myself for missing my chance to get a KILLER KLOWNS poster at a reasonable price.
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #8827 on: March 05, 2024, 08:52:29 PM »
 The recent one that was in much worse condition sold for $200 within a few hours, so I don't know if this starting price is "yowza" high haha.  As you said, though, relatively high compared to just a few years ago. 

I was surprised the Killer Klowns quad at PropStore recently didn't go higher - it was about $1,400 if I remember correctly.  Maybe because it wasn't perfect condition. 

The nostalgia really hits with this title, although I think it would be fun for folks seeing it for the first time nowadays also.  One of the most memorable of that time, with great poster artwork also IMO.

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #8828 on: March 05, 2024, 08:55:07 PM »
It is a very original movie.
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #8829 on: March 06, 2024, 11:19:22 PM »
I wonder if some of the Killer Klowns interest is also because MeTV has shown the movie at least a couple of times on Saturday night over the last year or so.  Okie

Offline bigmike

• Collector
« Reply #8830 on: March 07, 2024, 06:06:52 AM »
I’m sure there will be more interest as it’s getting released on 4K next week as well.

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #8831 on: March 07, 2024, 06:18:44 AM »
I hadn't heard of the MeTV showings and 4k release.   cool1

Offline marklawd

• Hoarder
« Reply #8832 on: March 07, 2024, 11:57:30 AM »
I was surprised the Killer Klowns quad at PropStore recently didn't go higher - it was about $1,400 if I remember correctly.  Maybe because it wasn't perfect condition. 

It sold for £1500 including BP so around $1900. Not so bad.

Mark

Offline bigmike

• Collector
« Reply #8833 on: March 07, 2024, 02:03:09 PM »

Mark

I didn’t read the quotes in this and thought you were referring to the Video poster that was up for auction and almost choked on my food.

Offline skyjackers

• Hoarder
« Reply #8834 on: March 07, 2024, 04:11:05 PM »
I didn’t read the quotes in this and thought you were referring to the Video poster that was up for auction and almost choked on my food.

Although it is a Quad it's still a Video poster as I don't think Killer Klowns had a theatrical release in the UK. I got the Quad that I had from a Video shop when it was released on Video.

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #8835 on: March 07, 2024, 07:57:37 PM »

Mark

Ok I forgot about the BP.   faint2.gif. Not bad, indeed, although it seems to be one of the most sought after of the era, and in that sense, I think it's going to continue to increase.

Although it is a Quad it's still a Video poster as I don't think Killer Klowns had a theatrical release in the UK. I got the Quad that I had from a Video shop when it was released on Video.

That is interesting.  A few of the smaller version have sold for peanuts compared to the quad, possibly since the quad seemed to be known as the theatrical version.  Maybe the smaller version will catch up in price to the quad someday.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2024, 08:26:02 PM by Neo »

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #8836 on: March 08, 2024, 01:09:34 PM »
Several years ago I vaguely remember T mentioned that one of the producers said another was in the works to be made.  I wonder what happened with that.

Here's the thread were T mentioned this (from Mr. Cramer, not the producer as I said above), and some other Klowns discussion, in 2010.  Time flies, eh?

Nope :)

I know it has a HUGE cult following and Grant is trying to set up a sequel that he wrote himself.  Beyond that... that's all I know.  Here, do you recognize him?  That's my Iphone picture.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2024, 01:11:06 PM by Neo »

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #8837 on: March 08, 2024, 03:13:38 PM »
Oh my, that was a long time ago.  Grant and I used to hang out all the time back then.  Like every weekend.  We were on the permanent guest list of a club Hugh Hefner owned on Sunset Blvd so we would have drinks with him and his girls on Friday nights.  That was the life.  Seems like a lifetime ago.  Then kids, Covid, moving to the beach, I haven’t seen Grant in years.  I think he’s still trying to make Killers Clown 2, but he’s a producer now and his priorities are not the same.

T

My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #8838 on: March 08, 2024, 07:24:04 PM »
Guest list, eh?  I guess Mr. Hefner was a big fan of Killer Klowns.

Back then I was living at the beach.   crying

Interesting to look back, and how some of this stuff is just as popular, if not more popular, than it was then.  You should call Mr. Cramer and tell him the APF homies and a lot of other folks would be stoked about Killer Klowns 2.

Offline bigmike

• Collector
« Reply #8839 on: March 13, 2024, 03:04:30 PM »
Sleepaway camp poster on eBay listing for $2500…
Kinda high for me.

Offline Tang Lung in Rome

• Hoarder
« Reply #8840 on: April 12, 2024, 07:06:26 AM »
Dr No spa 1sh sold 4k in 2021 , what will it f*tch now ?

TX Chainsaw quad , anothr diamond

Online crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #8841 on: April 12, 2024, 04:08:44 PM »
Dr No spa 1sh sold 4k in 2021 , what will it f*tch now ?

I'm scratching my head thinking "spa" one-sheet, what's a spa one-sheet. There's no Dr No poster where he's in a spa.
Then I realize, Spanish one-sheet?  That sounds even crazier. Where did a Spanish Dr No sell for $4,000 in 2021?
Last emovieposter sale was a few months ago for $1500
The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #8842 on: April 12, 2024, 04:49:29 PM »
 rofl1

The abbreviations, acronyms, etc. get out of control sometimes.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #8843 on: April 12, 2024, 05:05:44 PM »
Yes, Tang Lung in Rome, it would be very helpful if you actually spelled out words completely.  Most people I’m sure, including myself, miss half your posts for that reason.  Spa doesn’t mean anything.  I have a spa and bathe in it daily.

Tysmia (thank you so much in advance)

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline skyjackers

• Hoarder
« Reply #8844 on: April 12, 2024, 05:50:46 PM »
I think Tang mentioned in another post that his 'e' isn't working on his keyboard, not that there is an e in Spanish though.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #8845 on: April 12, 2024, 05:54:57 PM »
Hahaha

Well, that’s kinda ridiculous.  How much is a keyboard?  Or fixing a keyboard?  Probably less than a poster.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Tang Lung in Rome

• Hoarder
« Reply #8846 on: April 14, 2024, 05:45:48 PM »
I'm scratching my head thinking "spa" one-sheet, what's a spa one-sheet. There's no Dr No poster where he's in a spa.
Then I realize, Spanish one-sheet?  That sounds even crazier. Where did a Spanish Dr No sell for $4,000 in 2021?
Last emovieposter sale was a few months ago for $1500

I call it 2sh/4sh , not "1panel" or whatever
« Last Edit: April 14, 2024, 05:47:00 PM by Tang Lung in Rome »

Online crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #8847 on: April 14, 2024, 07:21:24 PM »

I call it 2sh/4sh , not "1panel" or whatever

I've never heard of anyone calling a spanish one-sheet a 2sh/4sh since it's about the same size as a US 1-sheet, but I guess compared to the handbill it's quite large.
Also seems the Covid bump has dropped quite a bit on this, as the one today "only" sold for $1650, and of course the one in December for under $1600.
The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com