Author Topic: Adventures of TINTIN  (Read 12564 times)

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
Adventures of TINTIN
« on: May 19, 2011, 02:17:27 AM »
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 07:38:28 PM by eatbrie »

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: Adventures of TIN TIN
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 02:38:15 AM »
I grew up with Tintin et Milou.  In fact, for everyone born in France, Belgium, Switzerland and a large part of Europe, it goes along with our earliest childhood memories.  This is probably why Spielberg, Jackson, Paramount and Sony have decided to release the movie everywhere in the world before its 12/23 US opening.  My wife is actually reading L'Etoile Mysterieuse (The Shooting Star) as we speak, which makes me nervous since it is a 1942 first edition worth a lot of money.

And I, for one, am SUPER excited to see the movie.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Online paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 02:54:04 AM »
Me too, My brother and I grew up with Tintin. We didn't have the books, just the softback comic strip books of the 60's/70's. Even the those were first rate, great stories, jollyfine artwork. I do have all the Cartoon versions on disc, I hope the film lives up to my expectations.
It's more than a Hobby...

EegahChaka

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 03:08:38 AM »
Spielberg has been tinkering around with this property for 20yrs now, wicked cool to see it finally happen. What a Great voice cast, also  Edgar Wright and Joe Cornish wrote the screenplay which means I'm sold sold SOLD on this.

Juli

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 12:25:21 PM »
I'm very excited to see this movie but I wish we got it the same time as everyone else. I hate how half the world will get to see this two months before the US.

~ Juli

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2011, 03:48:12 PM »
Now you know how the rest of the world feels 99% of the time, Juli.

;)

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2011, 09:01:42 AM »
International trailer (and what a trailer it is...): http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi1744739353

Online paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2011, 03:44:58 PM »
I'm not usually a fan of this type of Animation, but I may have to make an exception in Tintin's case. Though a live action film would be a better choice.... I think Simon Pegg would be a great Tintin, with Andy Serkis as Captain Haddock. :)
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2011, 04:09:36 PM »
I think Simon Pegg would be a great Tintin, with Andy Serkis as Captain Haddock. :)

Damn, Paul...you'd make a right-fine casting agent, no doubt.  thumbup

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2011, 04:20:26 AM »
I am really looking forward to this movie too. I hope it brings back my childhood joy that came from reading them. I would borrowing them from the library to read at home. What a great world I sunk into reading them. The excitement of seeing one I had not read yet on the shelves was just the best...

I now own the whole series in hardback and some special similar sized edition written about the author and the adventures. Herge would collect clippings from newspapers from stories around the world and from that compile each adventure. I also have the full hardback series of Asterix which I used to also read but never really 'got' like I did Tin Tin. I think there are some similar smurf books, they were fun at the time, maybe will try to find them...

Only write as was reading about the movie online in an australian newspaper. They showed the image below and my heart sank a little... I am a bit of a nutter when it comes to detail.

If this is representative of the attention to detail, I am now saddened. The sun shines only on his lower leg but the shadow cast is of his whole leg. Gut wrenching stuff ;) Well, I usually find that one misaligned pixel on a web page as being a violent assault on me!!

Fingers crossed it will be great though... Due for release Nov/Dec 2011

od_sf

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2011, 03:52:45 AM »
Can't wait for this! Growing up in Belgium Herge and Tintin were a HUGE part of my childhood. Got the entire book collection and re-read the entire thing every couple of years. Lucky enough to have a few first editions as well. I'm of course thrilled that Spielberg and Jackson are spearheading the movie(s) - should be brilliant!

Olivier

od_sf

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2011, 11:53:45 AM »

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2011, 07:37:34 PM »
Really Ted, you're going to base your judgement on Belgian press?   laugh1  I'm actually surprised they have a newspaper over there.

spew

Here are five clips on Tintin and the making of.

T
My Personal Collection

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2011, 07:38:13 PM »
By the way, it's Tintin, not Tin Tin.

I fixed it.
My Personal Collection

od_sf

Re: Adventures of TINTIN
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2011, 11:45:02 PM »
Thierry,

1. How interesting that you would talk shit about Belgium in a Tintin thread...  eyeroll

2. Yes, believe it or not, they do have newspapers in Belgium. These are reviews from Le Soir. Herge worked for that newspaper for many years...

3. If any members of the press will be highly critical of Spielberg's film, its the Belgian press, so this is a great sign.

4. Who the hell is Ted?

jawdrop

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2011, 11:50:33 PM »
1. How interesting that you would talk shit about Belgium in a Tintin thread...  eyeroll

I'm French.  It goes with the territory.

Funny though, like everything the Belges say.

T
My Personal Collection

od_sf

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2011, 12:26:56 AM »

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2011, 12:30:31 AM »
4. Who the hell is Ted?

You'll have to forgive T.
He's in LAURA-land ecstasy and mixin' his names up.
I'm Ted.
I've never been to Belgium and never read a Belgian newspaper.

I did meet Jean-Claude Van Damme once....
I filled in for his drummer....

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2011, 12:35:02 AM »
I dated a girl from Belgium years ago.  It ended badly and I swore I would never set a foot in that country again. 

They can keep their Man Qui Pisse and everything else (except for comic books, which would have never seen the light of day if it wasn't for the French market loving them.)

And I'm not bitter at all!!!

T
My Personal Collection

od_sf

« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2011, 12:41:02 AM »
Thierry,

I once dated a French girl and she was a complete nutjob. So I guess I feel your pain.

Really? No Belgian beers for you? That's a bit of an extreme reaction, just because a Belgian girl dumped you years ago.

In any case, here's a link to a review of the press screening from a FRENCH news outlet.

http://www.lefigaro.fr/cinema/2011/10/12/03002-20111012ARTFIG00467-on-a-vu-tintin-un-grand-ouf-de-soulagement.php

Cheers, gotta get back to my ice cold Westmalle Tripel Trappist Ale.

Olivier

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2011, 10:10:42 AM »
Okay, okay, you got me there... I do like Belgian beers.  But that's it.  Comics and beers!!!

Ans I never said she dumped me.  I said it ended badly.  Well, maybe she dumped me...  Bitch!  I can't remember... or I don't want to remember.

Either way, I didn't like it.

Thanks for the review.  I actually read Le Figaro online every day, but somehow I missed it.

T
My Personal Collection

DreamWarrior

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2011, 09:50:03 PM »
Okay, so this isn't about the guy with the knives in The Crow? Bummer

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2011, 12:13:40 AM »
I'm seeing this next week and I can't fucking wait!!!  So far, a lot of good reviews from Belgium and France, the two countries bound to be the most critical about Remy's creation.

From The Hollywood Reporter.

T
My Personal Collection

od_sf

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2011, 05:16:35 PM »
I'm seeing this next week and I can't fucking wait!!!  So far, a lot of good reviews from Belgium and France, the two countries bound to be the most critical about Remy's creation.

T

That's great that you will get to see it two months before the rest of us. I look forward to reading your thoughts on the film. It's got a very respectable 90% fresh ratting so far on Rotten Tomatoes - with 21 reviews in (19 fresh and 2 rotten) - http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_adventures_of_tintin/