Author Topic: Non-Alamo Graphic Art Movie Posters  (Read 666611 times)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: Non-Alamo Graphic Art Movie Posters
« Reply #300 on: June 25, 2011, 06:27:56 PM »
I'm passing on everything.

But in case some of you missed it and like the art...

http://store.spoke-art.com/

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #301 on: June 25, 2011, 06:33:03 PM »
I'm passing on everything.

But in case some of you missed it and like the art...

http://store.spoke-art.com/

T
Not even the Dave Perillo?..looks pretty swinging to me..

Stew

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #302 on: June 25, 2011, 06:36:31 PM »
They're actually ALL pretty fucking bad, IMO.  Tyler Stout should definitely sue Budish, and I don't recognize any of the Pulp Fiction characters in Rhys Cooper's.  The rest is just pathetic.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #303 on: June 25, 2011, 06:42:34 PM »
Tyler Stout should definitely sue Budish, T

On the O Brother.yup..

Stew

guest8

« Reply #304 on: July 06, 2011, 04:13:26 PM »
This guy has some good titles .. Not really my taste but not bad either ..
http://shop.mrshabba.com/category/prints

Offline theartofmovieposters

• Collector
    • theartofmovieposters
« Reply #305 on: July 06, 2011, 09:05:03 PM »
Here are some others:

I need me this one...anyone havee?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 09:07:37 PM by theartofmovieposters »
Ves

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #306 on: July 07, 2011, 11:10:02 PM »
I need me this one...anyone havee?

I like those Enzian posters, Ves.  Most of the posters for the Enzian Theater are for sale here. The NBN is sold out.

I like the Office Space poster too, which is also sold out. (It's in the Archives section.) I have a red Swingline stapler at home. I can't take it to work because I'm sure one of my nefarious colleagues would steal it! And then I'd have to burn the building down.  Or more likely just step on the culprit's toes, just depending on my mood :)

« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 11:18:01 PM by Dread_Pirate_Mel »

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #307 on: July 10, 2011, 05:18:33 PM »
Max Dalton's two Lebowski prints are up in case anyone is interested...

http://store.spoke-art.com/product/max-dalton-set-matching-numbers

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #308 on: July 10, 2011, 05:25:31 PM »
Max Dalton's two Lebowski prints are up in case anyone is interested...

http://store.spoke-art.com/product/max-dalton-set-matching-numbers

Got mine.  I notice it is a limited set of 250.  Did they increase the print run?

raulleaf

« Reply #309 on: July 10, 2011, 06:00:41 PM »
Big Lebowski - Quilt/Rug Print

Well you all should be so lucky to have a wife like mine!  

I had blown my wad on Black Swan material and set aside some for an auction ending soon.  Was going to have to pass. But last time I passed on an Amadeus Italian 2p after blowing my budget and later told my wife about it she pulled the "I would have bought it for you." line.  So I grabbed her minutes ago and explained how I had been tracking the quilt print for a while and it probably wouldn't last long.  

Instead of the usual; another stupid poster she laughed and said ok.  

Whoo Hoo! I love you baby!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 09:59:38 PM by raulleaf »

raulleaf

« Reply #310 on: July 20, 2011, 07:56:03 PM »
This was in my saved searches this morning. Spoke art hasn't even sold out yet....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220816574068&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #311 on: July 20, 2011, 09:28:31 PM »
This was in my saved searches this morning. Spoke art hasn't even sold out yet....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220816574068&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

Just got mine.  I can't believe it's not sold out.  If Mondo had sold this, it would have sold out in 30 seconds and the Mondo fanboys who didn't get it would be threatening to commit sepeku!

« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 09:28:52 PM by Dread_Pirate_Mel »

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #312 on: July 20, 2011, 09:35:28 PM »
It's not for everybody, which may explain why it hasn't sold out.  I personally would not touch it, but I've been known to have really bad taste.

T
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 09:36:06 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #313 on: July 20, 2011, 09:51:19 PM »
I'm not kidding about the risk of suicide among the Mondo fanboys!

guest8

« Reply #314 on: July 20, 2011, 10:00:10 PM »
As for the Lebowski piece .. I personally dont care for the film or any of the art related to it .. its just one of those "cool" movies and that is the only reason anyone wants anything from it ..

As for Jonkino, i think hes been on here and Im sure that theres a lot of melodrama thrown in there in so that a Uk'er that would possibly never have a chance at this poster (without potentially paying a handsome ebay bounty) might have a glimmer of hope so as to sway another collector that happened to pick one up at CC into selling it to him at cost + shipping and candy :P . Im still leaning towards there being an online release, so, other than it being a nightmare lockup on the site I suspect it will be a long drawn out and horrid experience just like normal :)

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #315 on: July 20, 2011, 10:55:00 PM »
I'm not kidding about the risk of suicide among the Mondo fanboys!

That guy is a member here, seems to have merged onto EB more times than not. Last time I remember him here was that Ansin wanted thread he posted.
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

raulleaf

« Reply #316 on: July 20, 2011, 11:02:21 PM »
As for the Lebowski piece .. I personally dont care for the film or any of the art related to it .. its just one of those "cool" movies and that is the only reason anyone wants anything from it ..

Have you actually seen the movie and paid attention to the Cohen dialogue?  Its brilliant!  You should give it another try.  It not just a "cool" movie...  The movie is much deeper than what most average movie go-ers would catch or attempt to understand.  The dude picks up half his dialogue from other people.  The character symbolism/development is unmatched in any recent film.  Your assessment is awfully shallow here.... Screw the art associated with the film.  There is symbolism in the fucking rug print itself... 

Walter Sobchak: That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
The Dude: Fuckin' A.
Donny: And this guy peed on it.
Walter Sobchak: Donny, please.

There has even been comparison to religious overtones Donnie being the sacrificial lamb, the dude being Christ, the stranger as the archangel.

At the end the dialogue goes:

The Dude: Yeah, well. The Dude abides.
The Stranger: The Dude abides. I don't know about you but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' 'er easy for all us sinners.

I guess you either get it or you don't...
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 11:06:37 PM by raulleaf »

raulleaf

« Reply #317 on: July 20, 2011, 11:08:37 PM »
Just got mine.  I can't believe it's not sold out.  If Mondo had sold this, it would have sold out in 30 seconds and the Mondo fanboys who didn't get it would be threatening to commit sepeku!

I can't resist. 

It really ties the room together Mel...  thumbup

Offline theartofmovieposters

• Collector
    • theartofmovieposters
« Reply #318 on: July 20, 2011, 11:18:06 PM »

:o For shame fallen, for shame...what Charlie said.
Ves

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #319 on: July 20, 2011, 11:40:09 PM »

Fallen, before the end comes, you need to get right with Jesus!  That is, Jesus "the Bowler" Quintana!

guest8

« Reply #320 on: July 21, 2011, 08:01:03 AM »
LOL .. WELL .. I dont claim to be super smart or deep ... But I have only seen the movie once back when it 1st came out .. So at some point I may be willing to give it another chance. maybe :P But still all of the hidden symbolism and religious undertones can be said for a lot of movies and can be considered mass hysteria :)

But back to the posters .. I dont think Id care for carpet designs with bowling pins and other items even if I liked the film ... I think Id just prefer some floating heads .. :P JK !!!

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #321 on: July 21, 2011, 08:40:43 AM »
Walter Sobchak is one of the funniest characters of all time.
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #322 on: July 21, 2011, 06:51:25 PM »

raulleaf

« Reply #323 on: July 22, 2011, 11:56:28 PM »
I got this in the mail today.  Found many alternate designs from graphic artist on the net. Liz was the only one that responded to my request for a print.  I inquired about a limited run etc.; she indicated she had thought about it but would sell me a lone signed, dated print if I wanted one.  So I decided to pull the trigger.  Its not on the level of spoke art in regards to printing process IMO.  It is 11x17 on Card Stock and I just love the overall imagery of it.  I am sure she would be open to more requests if anyone is interested...

http://octoberart1.blogspot.com/2011/03/black-swan-movie-poster.html

guest8

« Reply #324 on: July 23, 2011, 10:11:30 AM »
that is a pretty interesting print, Ill have to admit I thought the image at top was something else for a couple seconds .. :P