Author Topic: Non-Alamo Graphic Art Movie Posters  (Read 666580 times)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: Non-Alamo Graphic Art Movie Posters
« Reply #150 on: February 12, 2011, 10:59:46 AM »
Very well said, Ben.

If only you were NOT a Celts fan, I'm sure you could be a great guy.  Like they say, God gives and God takes.  In your case, he took a lot.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #151 on: February 12, 2011, 11:12:59 AM »
Haha, good stuff, Thierry.  (Posted in NBA thread just now).

Also, this overall lineup at G1988 for the Hughes show is a complete letdown.  Most of the stuff is so wacky or bad art or both, my head hurts looking through most of it.  For Home Alone we get a piece depicting Buzz' girlfriend...as a dog.  All the classic moments from that film, and this is one of the pieces for it:

Dear lord.

I also picked up the Derek Deal piece from Planes, Trains, and Autos simply because I am a sucker for that film, being in my personal top ten. 

The image funny, being a slice of the fantastical from a hilarious scene but not that seminal to the film as a whole.  I wish they did a piece illustrating the honesty and raw/down to earth humor of Candy's Del Griffith (one of the meatiest characters ever written for the screen) if not his great random friendship with Martin's Neal Page, but this one is fine.  It will go next to my Clark Griswold piece in the 80s room downstairs...anyone else get that one?

"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #152 on: February 14, 2011, 02:54:12 PM »

I'm a gigantic sucker for everything and anything connected to An American Werewolf in London, which is one of my 80s favs, so I had to purchase this latest print from Tim Doyle.  GID to boot.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

guest8

« Reply #153 on: February 14, 2011, 04:46:41 PM »
Hey T .. Hadnt you seen the original "variant" with the red and green jackets .. i really think the two extra colors add so much more to the picture!

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #154 on: February 14, 2011, 04:58:19 PM »
Ah, the Slaughtered Lamb. I love this film, that poster is first rate, It looks a bit like our local...

Though I must say I prefer the one without the coloured Jackets. Sorry Fallen.
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #155 on: February 14, 2011, 06:08:11 PM »
Yes, me too.  I really don't like the colors on the jackets.  I know the print run is smaller, but it adds a cartoonish feel to the piece that is very distracting to me.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #156 on: February 14, 2011, 06:14:00 PM »
I went with the variant myself.  I wavered and really couldnt decide which I liked better.  Since I was indifferent between the 2, and didnt mind the extra 10 quid, I went with the lower print run.  I definitely like the blue versions better than the green nakatomi exclusive.  Regardless, its far and away the best print that Doyle has ever done.
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #157 on: February 15, 2011, 04:06:29 PM »
This Forum is bad news for my bank balance, first off I'm buying newish posters, Now I have just ordered this print... eyeroll

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #158 on: February 15, 2011, 04:12:34 PM »
It happens to all of us, Paul.  Last year, Holiday swore he had no interest in prints, and now, he's frantically buying them.  Two years ago, I had no interest in prints either, and thanks to The Cock, I now own more than 120.  It's a natural process.  Some people call it brainwashing.  You cannot be bombarded with images all day long without reacting.  And now, you are reacting.

Good luck.
My Personal Collection

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #159 on: February 15, 2011, 05:06:08 PM »
Oh..Er... I'm not sure I like the sound of that, Sounds expensive. The print is in keeping with what I like most, Horror films, and 95% of anything Landis has done. I need to go and buy a classic Horror Quad to shake it off...  ;D

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #160 on: February 15, 2011, 05:07:28 PM »
Thierry and Schan, since you guys bought that Doyle print, maybe you would be interested in some similar work in terms of quality my 2 year old daughter completed today.  Actually, to be fair, Doyle might have a very slight edge on her...but its close.  :)

I was mistaken,

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #161 on: February 15, 2011, 07:59:03 PM »
Cooper's latest is pretty damn cool too.

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #162 on: February 15, 2011, 09:06:16 PM »
Thierry and Schan, since you guys bought that Doyle print, maybe you would be interested in some similar work in terms of quality my 2 year old daughter completed today.  Actually, to be fair, Doyle might have a very slight edge on her...but its close.  :)

Oooh...that is harsh...  wynk

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #163 on: March 03, 2011, 09:13:45 PM »
Well, all I can say is thank God for James Rheem Davis and Matt Pennachi at Cinema Overdrive for filling in the void created by Mondo this winter.  James just came up with this exquisite Evil Dead 2 print.  It comes in 2 versions (24x36in), regular (87 prints, $40) and variant GID (25 prints, $75).  Email James directly at gntsmo33@gmail.com to reserve your copy.  First come, first served.

Regular

Variant GID

T
My Personal Collection

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #164 on: March 03, 2011, 11:11:56 PM »
And I thought I acted quickly but I still missed the variant.  At least I got one of the regulars.

If anyone has a lead on a variant of this print, I'd be interested.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #165 on: March 03, 2011, 11:49:49 PM »
Already sold out, huh?  Wow, that one went quick.  But with only 25 prints...  Both of them are great, IMO.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #166 on: March 04, 2011, 12:19:45 AM »
That EVIL DEAD 2 print is really very nice.
First tribute poster I've seen that I really wanted to buy.
Poof...she is gone...
Damn.

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #167 on: March 04, 2011, 12:36:18 AM »
Well, the regular version may still be available.  87 in that run.  Email Davis at the address T listed earlier in this thread.  State "EB2 regular edition" in the subject line of the email.  He'll respond and let you know if it's available.

Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #168 on: March 04, 2011, 02:00:02 PM »
I decided to pass on this one.  I like the variant, but am not so much a big fan of the purple one.  Problem is that I did not want to shell out $75 for the variant.
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #169 on: March 04, 2011, 02:40:17 PM »
I'll see your Davis Evil Dead 2 and raise you a Danger The Walking Dead.

DD is selling some, most are being sold at Paleyfest in Beverly Hills where the show (and others) are being celebrated with the cast.
G1988 is curating, and selling some as well, soon.

I was mistaken,

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #170 on: March 04, 2011, 03:39:05 PM »
Wonka, that poster reminds me of the corridor in the original Resident Evil game ...
... Just when you think all is fine, CRASH! BANG! A grotesque mutant drops from the ceiling scaring the living crap out of you!

Best wishes,
Adam

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #171 on: March 04, 2011, 06:35:30 PM »
Well, all I can say is thank God for James Rheem Davis and Matt Pennachi at Cinema Overdrive for filling in the void created by Mondo this winter.  James just came up with this exquisite Evil Dead 2 print.  It comes in 2 versions (24x36in), regular (87 prints, $40) and variant GID (25 prints, $75).  Email James directly at gntsmo33@gmail.com to reserve your copy.  First come, first served.

Regular

It's just a pastiche of previous evil dead posters, which, for me, almost entirely defeats the purpose.  Simply reprinting previous images seems rather lazy, in both creativity and effort.  The Professional worked because of the layout and color scheme, but the slope is a slippery one.

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #172 on: March 04, 2011, 06:39:41 PM »

DD is selling some, most are being sold at Paleyfest in Beverly Hills where the show (and others) are being celebrated with the cast.

A terrific pilot, however, each subsequent episode dramatically decreased in quality from the prior week.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #173 on: March 04, 2011, 07:54:44 PM »

This one is a pass for me, I think.  Danger has a way of growing into people, but I'm really confused as to what this one has to do with the series, which I love.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #174 on: March 04, 2011, 08:24:54 PM »
This one is a pass for me, I think.  Danger has a way of growing into people, but I'm really confused as to what this one has to do with the series, which I love.

T
Thierry, what do you mean?  Did you see the pilot that Archie is referring to?

I thought it was pretty clear that this was DD's visual of Rick waking up from his coma in the hospital, gown and wall, trying to figure out what the frick was going on and where he was.  The zombie floor is just a fun, creative effect on DD's part.

I was mistaken,