Author Topic: Non-Alamo Graphic Art Movie Posters  (Read 666669 times)

Offline Ed_209uk

• Hobbyist
    • Film on Paper
Re: Non-Alamo Graphic Art Movie Posters
« Reply #600 on: March 29, 2013, 01:16:00 PM »
Check out the love in the comments on their Facebook page!
My collection website: Film on Paper
Twitter: @filmonpaper

Offline Starling

• Collector
« Reply #601 on: March 29, 2013, 01:17:09 PM »
Bruce, you really want to be linked up with these clowns?  Never seen such bad feedback!

Offline marklawd

• Hoarder
« Reply #602 on: March 29, 2013, 01:17:55 PM »
The paypal add to cart buttons appeared at the time they were meant to. I made the mistake of just going for the metal variant with an edition of 10  - the usual mondo problem then ensued of thinking you had successfully put one in your cart only to find it was sold out at the point of completing the paypal transaction. There are 18 currently on sale on ebay.

Mark

Offline Ed_209uk

• Hobbyist
    • Film on Paper
« Reply #603 on: March 29, 2013, 01:19:04 PM »
Mark, they appeared for *some* people when they were meant to but you only have to look at the threads on Expresso Beans and in the Facebook comments to see that the vast majority never even saw them.

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #604 on: March 29, 2013, 01:19:46 PM »
Very amateurish indeed, I only ever saw 'Coming Soon' too.

If you can't handle the demand, be sensible and sell it another way (like Bruce is doing with the lotto for the metal version). Alienating a load of people can't be good for future business.

Offline Starling

• Collector
« Reply #605 on: March 29, 2013, 01:21:29 PM »
The paypal add to cart buttons appeared at the time they were meant to. I made the mistake of just going for the metal variant with an edition of 10  - the usual mondo problem then ensued of thinking you had successfully put one in your cart only to find it was sold out at the point of completing the paypal transaction. There are 18 currently on sale on ebay.

Mark

I almost never have a problem with Mondo...at least their screen changes and you can actually buy it haha.  This said coming soon a full 45 minutes AFTER it had already sold out.  Ridiculous.

As you can tell, I really wanted this print :-\

Bruce

« Reply #606 on: March 29, 2013, 01:31:11 PM »
I sent out emails to the winners of the metal edition I am distributing.

Of course the winners will send me back lovely emails and the rest will scream "Fix" (and those of you who asked for me to do them a favor need to know that it was run 100% honestly).

I imagine the problems with DHM was that their server could not handle the load, but I really don't know.

Threenero

« Reply #607 on: March 29, 2013, 01:33:29 PM »
Damn it....my screen went from coming soon to sold out with nothing in between  moron1

Offline Starling

• Collector
« Reply #608 on: March 29, 2013, 01:34:30 PM »
Well, Mondo always has huge amounts of people, and I've NEVER had an issue with the cart button appearing.  Again, AMATEUR HOUR!

Threenero

« Reply #609 on: March 29, 2013, 01:37:19 PM »
All over ebay now for $299  >:(

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #610 on: March 29, 2013, 01:42:08 PM »
Very easy drop for me, but then again, I didn't want the horizontal print which reminded me too much of that horrible Metropolis rerelease quad that I hate (and you guys love).  So I got the vertical print I wanted and it was so easy.  Not a collector of metal prints either.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Ed_209uk

• Hobbyist
    • Film on Paper
« Reply #611 on: March 29, 2013, 01:47:45 PM »
Haha! All print drops are easy for you T. I swear you have the best internet connection on the planet ;)

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #612 on: March 29, 2013, 04:11:21 PM »
I sent out emails to the winners of the metal edition I am distributing.

Of course the winners will send me back lovely emails and the rest will scream "Fix" (and those of you who asked for me to do them a favor need to know that it was run 100% honestly).

I imagine the problems with DHM was that their server could not handle the load, but I really don't know.

Bruce, I'm sure not a soul doubts your honesty, it was one lottery where I knew there would be zero shenanigans. Out of interest, did you get many emails? Ignore me if you'd rather not say, I'm just being nosey.

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #613 on: March 29, 2013, 04:19:19 PM »
Bruce, I'm sure not a soul doubts your honesty, it was one lottery where I knew there would be zero shenanigans. Out of interest, did you get many emails? Ignore me if you'd rather not say, I'm just being nosey.
Interesting question Tob.
I wouldn`t expect Bruce to answer too."The man is his word"
Stew
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 04:21:05 PM by stewart boyle »

Bruce

« Reply #614 on: March 29, 2013, 05:05:59 PM »
Interesting question Tob.
I wouldn`t expect Bruce to answer too."The man is his word"
Stew

Frankly I was astounded how many people e-mailed (I don't think it is my place to reveal it, but the number was HUGE!).

I would think that most of them just did so because they figure they can re-sell it and make a large profit.

If Dark Hall Mansion had made the edition size unlimited, so that EVERYONE could get one, then how many would still have wanted it (and the same is true to a lesser degree for the other non-metal ones).

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #615 on: March 29, 2013, 05:30:33 PM »
Thanks Bruce, interesting to know the numbers were huge. Yes, I'm sure a lot of potential buyers were in it for the quick flip, I guess it comes with the territory of limited edition prints. I wonder if there is an overlap developing between those that collect movie posters and those that collect prints (outside of us on this forum), it would be interesting to see a future emovie auction dedicated to movie prints in a few years time.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #616 on: March 29, 2013, 05:56:53 PM »
I wonder if there is an overlap developing between those that collect movie posters and those that collect prints (outside of us on this forum)

I don't think so.  I think they are 2 very distinct kind of collectors.  I collect both, but I think I'm a small minority.  Print collectors are scary.  I cannot stay more than 2 minutes on Expressobeans without feeling growing concerns about the future of humanity.

T
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 05:57:19 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Bruce

« Reply #617 on: March 29, 2013, 06:05:36 PM »
Thanks Bruce, interesting to know the numbers were huge. Yes, I'm sure a lot of potential buyers were in it for the quick flip, I guess it comes with the territory of limited edition prints. I wonder if there is an overlap developing between those that collect movie posters and those that collect prints (outside of us on this forum), it would be interesting to see a future emovie auction dedicated to movie prints in a few years time.

One of these days someone will give us a large collection of these and it will be fascinating to see what happens!

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #618 on: March 29, 2013, 06:14:44 PM »
One of these days someone will give us a large collection of these and it will be fascinating to see what happens!

Yeah, maybe out of my flat file.  I have been toying with the idea of parting with the vast majority of mine.
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #619 on: March 29, 2013, 06:26:35 PM »
I own something like 300 prints, and could probably let 100 go tomorrow, maybe even 150.  But shipping them is too much of a hassle, so I don't do it.

T
My Personal Collection

Bruce

« Reply #620 on: March 29, 2013, 07:15:09 PM »
I own something like 300 prints, and could probably let 100 go tomorrow, maybe even 150.  But shipping them is too much of a hassle, so I don't do it.

T

If I come to your house and pack them and ship them for you, will you buy me lunch or dinner?

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #621 on: March 29, 2013, 07:20:10 PM »
If I come to your house and pack them and ship them for you, will you buy me lunch or dinner?

I will buy you lunch and dinner if you come to my house, Bruce.
My Personal Collection

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #622 on: March 29, 2013, 07:23:04 PM »
Print collectors are scary.  I cannot stay more than 2 minutes on Expressobeans without feeling growing concerns about the future of humanity.

T

laugh1 laugh1 laugh1

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #623 on: March 29, 2013, 07:27:58 PM »
I cannot tell a lie.  I publicized those prints on tumblr.
They went viral.  My mailbox got stuffed and now, tumblr has crashed.
Clickie the links and nothing happens...

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #624 on: March 29, 2013, 07:45:24 PM »
I cannot stay more than 2 minutes on Expressobeans without feeling growing concerns about the future of humanity.

Don't drymounting get me started on those people....