Author Topic: Non-Alamo Graphic Art Movie Posters  (Read 665811 times)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: Non-Alamo Graphic Art Movie Posters
« Reply #925 on: January 28, 2016, 10:24:09 PM »
Englert is hit or miss for me.  This one doesn't really do it.  I guess I'd have to see it in person.  I used to love his work, but not lately.

Of the ones I own, here are my favs...  The last one is a private commission out of 10.  His best work, imo.

T

« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 12:28:18 AM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #926 on: January 29, 2016, 07:54:23 AM »
I like Englert, just miss every single drop he has had. His style is very similar to JC Richard. The "IT" print Englert did was great as well, but the Thing is probably tops on my list of what he has done to date.

guest4784

« Reply #927 on: January 29, 2016, 04:05:31 PM »
Englert's style can be hit or miss. I didn't like the Thing image but seeing it in person makes a difference, like all his prints.

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #928 on: January 29, 2016, 07:09:39 PM »
Englert is hit or miss for me.  This one doesn't really do it.  I guess I'd have to see it in person.  I used to love his work, but not lately.

Of the ones I own, here are my favs...  The last one is a private commission out of 10.  His best work, imo.

This is my favorite.  A difficult to capture title, where the overtly centered image works.

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #929 on: January 29, 2016, 07:12:45 PM »
I am finding myself straying further and further from the artists who do the import image into photoshop/whatever and stylize it, and I going more towards the all new art type of artist. There are far to many of the current breed that dont actually draw anything, they copy, do layout work, shading, coloring whatever. Yes, I realize that too is artistic, but to me, not really what I am after anymore.

Yup...

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #930 on: February 05, 2016, 11:45:14 AM »
A nice Drake at HCG.  On sale now.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #931 on: February 05, 2016, 04:17:41 PM »
^ The shadows positions are screwing with my mind

guest4784

« Reply #932 on: February 06, 2016, 02:47:45 AM »
this is a beauty. finally a poster that makes Scarlett sexy!

Mirosae

« Reply #933 on: February 06, 2016, 05:47:50 PM »
Optional Commentary- FEEL free to pick one or ignore

Polite: Very nice! Congratulations:
Sincere: What the heck is this..where is George Clooney (!!)
Cheeky: Nice big asssss(set) you added to you collection
Proper: Smoking kills

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #934 on: March 07, 2016, 03:46:15 PM »
Two new prints this morning...

T
My Personal Collection

Offline pratschm

• Hoarder
« Reply #935 on: March 07, 2016, 10:57:09 PM »
Very nice. Is the blue the reg or variant?
Witty signature goes here.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #936 on: March 07, 2016, 11:10:41 PM »
The red is the variant, the other one is the ultra variant (which is sold out, only 50).  The reg and var are still available.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline pratschm

• Hoarder
« Reply #937 on: March 08, 2016, 09:56:16 AM »
The red is the variant, the other one is the ultra variant (which is sold out, only 50).  The reg and var are still available.

T

There were 3 styles for this? Didn't realize that. Definitely liking the ultra variant. The yellow on the reg... not sure if it's too yellow for my liking. Nice touch on the variant with the T-800 red.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #938 on: March 15, 2016, 05:20:12 PM »
Got a few days ago.

Princess Mononoke by Craig Drake.  Out of 10.

T
My Personal Collection

guest4784

« Reply #939 on: March 16, 2016, 12:27:47 AM »
That Princess Mononoke is really pretty. I like the realistic interpretation of an animated film.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #940 on: March 21, 2016, 02:48:19 PM »
I love how different this one is.  Had to get it.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
« Reply #941 on: March 22, 2016, 03:17:33 PM »
I bought that one as well. That stuff coming from over the pond make sure to get 3 in a tube, saves a ton of money. I got 2001, Jaws and Chinatown coming together, knocked $50+ off the total.

Offline pratschm

• Hoarder
« Reply #942 on: March 23, 2016, 11:39:38 PM »
Different for sure, but couldn't convince myself to purchase it.
Congrats to those that did.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #943 on: March 24, 2016, 05:36:40 PM »
I bought that one as well. That stuff coming from over the pond make sure to get 3 in a tube, saves a ton of money. I got 2001, Jaws and Chinatown coming together, knocked $50+ off the total.

I actually bought 2 of the Jaws because I liked it so much (no, not to sell, I don't play that game).  Not into the other ones you mentioned, unfortunately.

T
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 05:37:43 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #944 on: March 24, 2016, 05:50:00 PM »
Cool that the Jaws piece was done from the POV and perspective of the shark.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 05:50:37 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
« Reply #945 on: April 01, 2016, 01:26:35 PM »
Dark Hall Mansion seems to be getting pretty proud of there stuff, consistently higher than Mondo these days.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #946 on: April 01, 2016, 01:54:43 PM »
Got both reg and var.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #947 on: April 01, 2016, 06:39:47 PM »
A few recent prints added to my collection...

T
My Personal Collection

guest4784

« Reply #948 on: April 16, 2016, 05:11:02 PM »
I really love when Durieux does Hitchcock films. I still cannot believe those posters have sold out when all the crap from Mondo always sells out so fast.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #949 on: April 16, 2016, 05:24:22 PM »
I think they're really nice.  Would have been better with a credit block, though.  But I agree on Mondo.  They could sell toilet paper with the Mondo logo, and it would sell.  Which is exactly what they've been doing for a while now.  Selling toilet paper.

T
My Personal Collection