Author Topic: Non-Alamo Graphic Art Movie Posters  (Read 664141 times)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: Non-Alamo Graphic Art Movie Posters
« Reply #1250 on: November 26, 2022, 04:08:10 PM »
Some recent "new to me" prints.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #1251 on: November 27, 2022, 06:37:55 AM »
^A nice selection! Boogie Nights is fun, I like the colours he used for that. Breakfast at Tiffs is lovely too. Durieux has made so many good ones over the years.

Online jpicken

• Hobbyist
« Reply #1252 on: November 27, 2022, 10:41:13 AM »
Nice pick-ups T. I was able to grab a Kurtz Dune at the drop too.

I have been able to track down some recent Paul Mann releases. It might be a while before these are in hand, but looking forward to having them in my collection.

On Her Majesty's Secret Service

The Godfather

TMNT

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1253 on: November 27, 2022, 12:31:18 PM »
These are great.  I actually got every style of all of them.  Don’t really know why.  I love the Godfather Italian and US style, even though they are unfortunately giclées.  I wasn’t aware you could post them either.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #1254 on: November 27, 2022, 12:52:38 PM »
I misread the instructions for Godfather and thought we were only allowed one version, so stopped at the screen print. I really like the Italian and white border style. I think it’s a good match between artist and property and some of his best work so far. I think the images are out in the public as they’ve been added to expressobeans.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1255 on: November 27, 2022, 02:02:15 PM »
We’ll, I don’t go to expressobeans.  Too many freaks hahaha.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1256 on: November 28, 2022, 12:24:46 AM »
And since I can post the pictures, here they are...

I didn't get the last one because I don't do timed editions.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #1257 on: February 01, 2024, 01:24:12 PM »
The first of 3 prints from A24 for The Zone of Interest sold out within 30 minutes of receiving the email from A24.  The other 2 colors are ok but clearly I'm not the only one who thinks the sold out one is the best.  I'm not sure if this design was printed on posters, but here's a good article about the artwork https://screenanarchy.com/2023/12/friday-one-sheet-the-zone-of-interest-2.html .  Anyway, good to see A24 having continued success.

zoi

https://shop.a24films.com/products/zone-of-interest-by-neil-kellerhouse?utm_source=Newsletter+List&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ZOI+Art+Prints+%2801HNGNYJREVYFKES5XQCANQQA7%29&_kx=LY7jFfPNMZM5CjDAkBTRd7WJPaRnImRcak-QDuPwaUZIksAMnAXVjkp0KNEL7v2_.Uk6tXe&variant=40160325533745

Offline Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #1258 on: February 01, 2024, 07:02:43 PM »
Thanks for the article link, Neo. It sent me down a rabbit hole of reading the author's other 'Friday One Sheet' articles.

I have been trying to find the one sheet of this design, so was happy when I saw the email from A24.

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #1259 on: February 01, 2024, 10:19:41 PM »
Yeah the Screen Anarchy guy is a good writer. 

It would be interesting to know whether any posters with this artwork were printed.  The print has good qualities, though - sounds like high quality, pretty low run of 150 for each style, etc.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2024, 11:41:31 PM by Neo »

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1260 on: April 04, 2024, 08:07:23 PM »
I have something like 60 prints on hold, some dating back to 2020!!!!  That's the bad news about collecting those little pieces of paper.  You have to be patient.  And you can't even put them up on your website bc they haven't been printed yet.

Here are a few I have received in the past 2 months.  I know most movie posters collectors don't care for them, but I like them.

t
My Personal Collection

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #1261 on: April 05, 2024, 12:11:04 AM »
Hmm Breakfast at Tiffany's is probably my fave of the bunch. 

A lot of prints and fan art are interesting.  I wouldn't buy most of it but it's cool to see, and good that it has a strong enough following for a lot of artists.  4 years is pretty crazy IMO to make buyers wait but I guess that's part of the fun.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2024, 12:12:20 AM by Neo »

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1262 on: April 05, 2024, 12:36:45 PM »
What makes it even harder is that out of the 60 that are paid for and that I'm still waiting to get (some of them are not even printed), 20 are really really good, some even done by really great movie posters artists of the past.  But I must be patient.  They will all end up in a drawer anyway haha

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #1263 on: April 05, 2024, 09:49:04 PM »
Sounds like some great stuff.  Looking forward to seeing the work when they're printed/released.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1264 on: April 07, 2024, 03:00:30 AM »
Here's one I just received that I think is pretty cool.  Yeah, I know, not as nice as the original, but still.  I think the whole series is nice.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #1265 on: April 08, 2024, 02:15:13 PM »
Yeah kind of old school style especially with the text and all.  Only the films with Sir Connery, eh?  I was looking for Mini-Me then I remembered that's from Austin Powers films.   hitself

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1266 on: April 08, 2024, 07:31:39 PM »
No, I think it's an ongoing thing, but they're not adding more people.  Everyone seems to be resigning from one project to the next.  Mann has already done the Lazenby and is working on Diamonds are Forever.  I expect they will do the Moores later, but he's doing a lot of other projects, so it will take some time.  I think the Bond series is his best work.

T
My Personal Collection

Online jpicken

• Hobbyist
« Reply #1267 on: April 09, 2024, 06:22:50 PM »
I think the Bond series is his best work.

Agreed. Really cool how he channels the Robert McGinnis vibe from the original posters, but still makes it his own.