Author Topic: Non-Alamo Graphic Art Movie Posters  (Read 659655 times)

Offline bigmike

• Collector
Re: Non-Alamo Graphic Art Movie Posters
« Reply #1175 on: February 27, 2020, 06:47:30 PM »

Offline skyjackers

• Collector
« Reply #1176 on: February 29, 2020, 06:50:26 AM »
Love the details in the Beetlejuice poster. I’m not sure the composition quite works for me but maybe that’s not a problem for a film like this.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1177 on: March 27, 2020, 03:50:48 PM »
Pretty good one by Sciotti.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline skyjackers

• Collector
« Reply #1178 on: March 27, 2020, 04:16:42 PM »
I like the lack of gravity in this one. Do you know if this is new artwork or done for the original release and unused?

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #1179 on: March 28, 2020, 10:12:02 AM »
Its newly commissioned work.

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
« Reply #1180 on: April 09, 2020, 01:45:50 PM »
Fairly hefty run on this one for a non gallery release /265.

Offline jpicken

• Hobbyist
« Reply #1181 on: April 21, 2020, 12:13:29 AM »
Juan Carlos Ruiz Burgos Kill Bill 1 & 2 Commission

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
« Reply #1182 on: April 24, 2020, 12:29:07 PM »
Juan Carlos is one of my favorite artist working these days.

Such good stuff coming out of commissions. I think I have bought less than 5 Mondo prints in the past 2 years.  Dont have to deal with drops and really some sub par material being produced. The Godzilla set was terrible.

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #1183 on: June 12, 2020, 01:12:15 PM »
Interesting release from Bottleneck Gallery today. I’m not a big lenticular collector, but I went for one

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBUDjWSgwyz/

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #1184 on: June 12, 2020, 08:43:47 PM »
Cool 2001 lenticular, Tob. Looks so fresh and nice.  Okie

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
« Reply #1185 on: July 07, 2020, 01:21:25 PM »
I swore off lenticulars due to glue leak, so I havent bought one since Captain America shield.  It was an interesting release though for sure. 

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1186 on: July 07, 2020, 01:56:51 PM »
Same here.  No more lenticulars for me.  Too fragile.  Glue.  The coolness wears off too.  But I still enjoy seeing them in other people’s collections.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline jpicken

• Hobbyist
« Reply #1187 on: July 07, 2020, 06:25:10 PM »
I pulled the trigger on this 2001. Got the thick(Plexi) version. I'm really excited to see how it looks in person.

They have a few more in the works. BNG has redone the "Why So Serious" Dark Knight movie poster. I am not so certain about that one, but will be interesting to see which other posters they remake in this format.

I don't have many lenticulars. I have the Lost World JP. I have tried for the Nightmare Before Christmas, and I desperately wanted the Captain America one at the time, but have struck out with repeated attempts to score one at a price I can live with. They are gimmicky but fun. My young nephew seeing the Lost World in my lightbox the first time, was more than worth the price of admission.  :D

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #1188 on: August 29, 2020, 12:42:16 PM »
In case it’s of interest, Ethan Sharp’s print for ‘Perfect Blue’ is up - https://edotsharp.bigcartel.com/product/perfectblue

Offline jpicken

• Hobbyist
« Reply #1189 on: October 06, 2020, 03:21:24 PM »
« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 03:27:45 PM by jpicken »

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1190 on: October 06, 2020, 06:06:59 PM »
I never buy lenticulars and I never buy timed editions.  But I made an exception last week w Tyler's Terminator timed edition and again today w both lenticular variants.  The world is going to shit.  Oh wait, it's 2020.

T
My Personal Collection

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1191 on: December 02, 2020, 11:04:14 PM »
This is a pretty good series.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline jpicken

• Hobbyist
« Reply #1192 on: December 03, 2020, 07:47:03 AM »
Yeah. I hope I can snag one. Prices of other ones in the edition are insane, but cool series.

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
« Reply #1193 on: December 03, 2020, 10:48:42 PM »
Think Thunderball is the best of the bunch.

Seems Mann is the current print rock star no?  Suppose Stout, Moss, Taylor, Ansin, and Kurtz are making too much money elsewhere these days. 

I do love what is Burgos and Enzo is putting out as well, just Mann is a machine, the amount of stuff he it kicking out.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1194 on: December 03, 2020, 11:26:17 PM »
Yeah, not all is good though.  Quantity doesnt mean quality.  Some of his stuff is really not good, imo.

But this series will be his legacy.  Like Ansin's Phantom or Stout's Thing before him, Mann will have the Bond series.  This series will eventually be worth a lot of money.  5 years from now, imagine someone selling Mann's 25 Bond prints.  A couple thousands?  I think not ;)

T
My Personal Collection

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1195 on: December 17, 2020, 08:28:59 PM »
Forgot to post this one.

By Steven Chorney.  I like this guy's work.  From my collection, a few examples...

T

My Personal Collection

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1196 on: December 18, 2020, 12:53:28 PM »
Another one.

Thank God for the print market.  Otherwise, it would have been such a pathetic poster collecting year.

T
My Personal Collection

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1197 on: February 15, 2021, 08:58:09 PM »
I swore that I would never buy a lenticular again, but this one was cheap, I got it a few months ago, I completely forgot about it and today it showed up in a big box.

It's pretty cool as a gimmick.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline jpicken

• Hobbyist
« Reply #1198 on: February 16, 2021, 11:18:10 AM »
 thumbsup.gif

mine is on the way.

Offline redman

• Collector
« Reply #1199 on: February 16, 2021, 01:44:20 PM »
^the photos don't shown the effect but i found this online