Author Topic: Olly Moss Show  (Read 6565 times)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Olly Moss Show
« on: May 07, 2011, 05:33:09 PM »
Is anyone in the LA area going?

Moss Show

I was once thinking of going, but I changed my mind when I found out that 1) there would be very few prints for sale (and no new ones) and 2) that Moss would not show any of the art prior to the opening.

Plus, I read some people were camping in front of the gallery.  I'm too old for that shit.

Plus, I don't really like Moss all that much.  If I'm going to buy art, I'll save my money and buy real art.  For what Moss does, prints are perfect.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
Re: Olly Moss Show
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 10:10:41 PM »
Olly and Tyler are by far the Kings of the hill in the print arena right now. If you could buy low and sell high it would be worth trip.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2011, 10:16:30 PM »
I would have gone for Tyler, no hesitations, but not for Moss.  I might have stopped by (it's 6 blocks away) if he had prints, but I would never buy an original from Moss.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2011, 10:20:05 PM »
OMG, just ckecked EB.  Did you see what he's selling?  I'm soooo glad I didn't waste my time on crap like that. 

Seriously?  WTF?????

T
My Personal Collection

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2011, 08:46:01 PM »
Is anyone in the LA area going?

If I'm going to buy art, I'll save my money and buy real art. 

T

Are you kidding?  With what you already have of "real art" you should just burn your whole collection and stare at those.  Next to those, Moss and all these other hacks are just blips on the screen.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 04:55:34 PM »
Are you kidding?  With what you already have of "real art" you should just burn your whole collection and stare at those.

:)

I stare at those fine, trust me.  I'd stare at them until they burn my eyes.  They're the reason why I only have 1 poster left on my walls.  For some reasons, Julie likes them better than posters.  Go figure :)

T
My Personal Collection

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2011, 01:11:13 AM »

I stare at those fine, trust me.  I'd stare at them until they burn my eyes.  They're the reason why I only have 1 poster left on my walls.  For some reasons, Julie likes them better than posters.  Go figure :)

T

Which one's left?
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2011, 11:17:03 AM »
Just Gone with the Wind by Soubie in the hallway.

I don't mind, though.  Nothing like "real art".

My Personal Collection