Author Topic: Star Wars posters!  (Read 677303 times)

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
Re: Star Wars posters!
« Reply #500 on: February 10, 2012, 11:49:42 PM »
Three beautiful posters, James.  thumbup thumbup thumbup

Online marklawd

• Hoarder
« Reply #501 on: February 11, 2012, 04:25:24 AM »
An unfolded Style D is very hard to find so congratulations in getting that one.

Mark

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #502 on: February 12, 2012, 12:57:45 PM »
As a new member, and collector, I figured I would share the three Star Wars posters I've acquired so far.

These were actually the first three movie posters I ever purchased, in that order. I think I got a pretty good deal on the latter two especially, since they both seem fairly rare. I've only seen one other rolled Style D in auction histories I've looked at, and it was in only 'good' condition, where all three of mine are C8-C9. I actually picked up all three from the last cinemasterpieces ebay auction.

I'm working on trying to get a complete (as possible) collection of US posters from the original trilogy. Though it will probably be a while before I can afford a few of the more rare/expensive ones.

Congrats - you're off to a great start!

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #503 on: February 12, 2012, 01:10:37 PM »
By the way, for those of who can't afford or don't want to pay the $$$$ for the undated teaser, Kilian reprinted the poster in full 27x41 size using the original printing plate and it goes for a small fraction of the original:

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #504 on: February 12, 2012, 07:12:27 PM »
The 1979, "It's Back," rolled OS:

-Jeff

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #505 on: February 12, 2012, 07:30:02 PM »
Japanese B2 (1982), for STAR WARS, by acclaimed artist Noriyoshi Ohrai:

-Jeff

Offline wormie

• Hobbyist
« Reply #506 on: March 07, 2012, 10:36:56 AM »
Chengbo

agentprovocateur

« Reply #507 on: March 14, 2012, 08:56:48 AM »
Is there a Star Wars expert in the house? Just wanted to ask a quick question about a poster...

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #508 on: March 14, 2012, 09:01:20 AM »
Give it a go.
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline joneyyy

• Collector
« Reply #509 on: March 14, 2012, 09:02:00 AM »
Is there a Star Wars expert in the house? Just wanted to ask a quick question about a poster...

fire away, im sure someone here will know..

agentprovocateur

« Reply #510 on: March 14, 2012, 09:17:12 AM »
Cheers, have sent you both a pm, it's a current auction so didn't want to promote it prematurely!

Offline enki

• Collector
« Reply #511 on: March 14, 2012, 11:22:46 AM »
Cheers, have sent you both a pm, it's a current auction so didn't want to promote it prematurely!

Don't worry about it then. I'll be bidding on/winning those posters. BwahahhAhhaHAhhAhHAhhA.

agentprovocateur

« Reply #512 on: March 14, 2012, 12:12:00 PM »
enki I don't think it'll be anything you're seriously interested in, just struck me as a miscellaneous oddity really, research is ongoing so will let you know if it is of interest ;D

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #513 on: March 14, 2012, 01:21:20 PM »
Building collections takes time and patience.

My last 3 Star Wars pieces...

40x60in

Style C PG Version

Japanese B1 Seito
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #514 on: March 18, 2012, 04:06:33 AM »
I have never actually seen any of the movies in their entirety, as I am not really a fan so you kind of have to wonder why I would have these two Kilian designed posters in my collection, (probably not for long).

But I thought I would show and tell as I do have to admit the gold foil is pretty cool design and poster.

David

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #515 on: March 19, 2012, 02:33:46 AM »
BTW - Can someone help identify the poster below. It's obvious from when it is from but I have not been able to find this particular one so no idea of what it is called and what its value is. It measures 27" x 18" and as you can see it is a "Limited Edition" and based on the LE number perhaps limited to 9,999 (there is no number 0 preceding the number shown) - one would assume world wide. Thanks.

David

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #516 on: March 19, 2012, 10:12:59 AM »
That's one I haven't seen before, David.
How did you acquire it?  From an Ebay seller in the US?

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #517 on: March 19, 2012, 03:04:39 PM »
Ted, it from a poster collector here in Australia (well former collector now) - I got several of them all separately (and sequentially) numbered. Because of the two Kilian posters I suspect they came from the US rather than being produced in Australia. It's quite nice I have to say, but other than that I have no real clue about what it is or worth.
David

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #518 on: March 21, 2012, 01:27:13 PM »
Is this the most Scarce Star Wars poster out there.....??  It was only put out around Hastings....
So there can't be many out there, if any....

Check out the news story...

« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 01:28:15 PM by paul waines »
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #519 on: March 21, 2012, 01:50:56 PM »
Is this the most Scarce Star Wars poster out there.....??  It was only put out around Hastings....
So there can't be many out there, if any....

Check out the news story...

Wow!  Who knew 1983 was just like 2012?  ;)
Chris

Bruce

« Reply #520 on: March 21, 2012, 01:54:53 PM »
I have had 1912 magazines with similar ads about prints stolen from studios, so this has been going on for a century!

Bruce

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #521 on: March 21, 2012, 02:00:14 PM »
That's the most cool Star Wars poster. Good one, Paul!
Matias
http://110x75.blogspot.com.ar/

IG: @cinepapelarchivo

Offline enki

• Collector
« Reply #522 on: March 21, 2012, 02:12:01 PM »
If I recall correctly, I saw someone selling a two roll film set for this film on eBay a short time ago. It would be interesting if it was the same one referenced in the poster.

Even if it wasn't, it would be a cool "matching set".

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #523 on: March 21, 2012, 05:16:23 PM »
Great Poster Paul,
 Taking the film from a Cinema,was the only way the pirates would have got the full movie.
To beat the pirates,the studios would send them out missing 1 reel,the last reel would normally be delivered the evening before it opened,always under a false movie title,a security measure he still used for Phantom menace + sequels.
I admit I first saw Jedi on VHS,and yes it was missing the reel containing the speeder bike part...
England must have had better pirates than the Scottish ones.  :)

Stew

Offline enki

• Collector
« Reply #524 on: March 21, 2012, 05:57:24 PM »
Great Poster Paul,
 Taking the film from a Cinema,was the only way the pirates would have got the full movie.
To beat the pirates,the studios would send them out missing 1 reel,the last reel would normally be delivered the evening before it opened,always under a false movie title,a security measure he still used for Phantom menace + sequels.
I admit I first saw Jedi on VHS,and yes it was missing the reel containing the speeder bike part...
England must have had better pirates than the Scottish ones.  :)

Stew

I know that Attack of the Clones got leaked and there was a reasonable quality version (Cam or TS) that came out almost a month before the movie did in theaters, and it wasn't missing any scenes or footage. Guess the master plan failed for that one.