Author Topic: Star Wars posters!  (Read 677706 times)

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
Re: Star Wars posters!
« Reply #1775 on: November 21, 2015, 11:50:21 AM »
Yup - likewise.

The SW threads are regularly visited for such.

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1776 on: November 21, 2015, 10:32:30 PM »
While this ain't a poster, it should be.
Its fan art from a pro, Phil Noto. http://philnoto.tumblr.com/

Offline Gingerman

• Hobbyist
  • I said......Give me time......
    • Be Kind Please Rewind
« Reply #1777 on: November 22, 2015, 01:30:39 AM »
We ever figure out where Luke is? Or did we decide he is on the posters? Hiding in plain sight?
This Space For Rent!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1778 on: November 22, 2015, 01:42:33 AM »
He's the jellyfish...

;D

-Jeff

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #1779 on: November 22, 2015, 10:52:19 PM »
That is too bad man. It sounds like it would have been a great guide to have a copy of. If you find it in the future, I would be interested in seeing it. This is the primary reason I put an external solid state drive on my Christmas List!!!

There are really only 3 to 6 or 2 each from Star Empire Jedi posters I want. I know there is a lot of paper for those 3 films, and I do love the films as much as most, but I will leave these to the hardcore Star Wars collectors. I already have 100+ of the Vintage figs. Original At-At, At-St, land speeder, scout bikes, Falcon, Rancor Monster and a few blaster. They are not mint or NIB, but they are my childhood toys and for me that is more valuable.  I am torn between a large display box to hang in my future theater room, or something like this http://scifidesign.com/2015/11/05/this-shadow-box-coffee-table-will-display-your-star-wars-figures/. Got a bit off topic there.....if I do have any questions I know where to send them! Thank you

Those were the days before I was doing programming for a living and did not know better. These days I have multiple backup on and off site.

If I do run across it I will post it all for free. Worst case scenario it will be redone and put up on posterfrom.com anyway so either way it will make it out there again it is just a matter of how long will it be. Finding the original being fastest of course.

I gave up the figure quest when it started to get out of hand imo in the late 90's. Had a real solid collection of first movie figures including at that time the only known carded double telescoping Luke as well as carded and bagged Vader and Ben. The only think I never bought was a rocket firing Fett. Never really collected the vehicles and such though do love a lot of them. Grew up with SW and some of them still bring powerful childhood memories back. Believe it or not my strongest though is not associated with a toy but instead one of the Burger King glasses.

For my money I would have go with the wall display rather than the table myself.
Undead.net Coming Soon...ish to a nightmare near you!
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #1780 on: November 22, 2015, 11:01:46 PM »
We ever figure out where Luke is? Or did we decide he is on the posters? Hiding in plain sight?

I wasn't going to let this out of the bag but Disney wouldn't pay me in posters to keep my mouth shut. Luke is indeed in plain site. He had his consciousness downloaded into C-3PO so he would live forever.

In an interview with Hamill he actually squashed the rumor and said he is not Ren but would not explain more than that. Whether that is true or not is another story as it may be more marketing by Disney to build on the mystery. All I can say is that I will know the answer in 24 days.
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline Gingerman

• Hobbyist
  • I said......Give me time......
    • Be Kind Please Rewind
« Reply #1781 on: November 23, 2015, 12:30:38 AM »
Those were the days before I was doing programming for a living and did not know better. These days I have multiple backup on and off site.
That is what I used to do with DVDs before bluray....
If I do run across it I will post it all for free. Worst case scenario it will be redone and put up on posterfrom.com anyway so either way it will make it out there again it is just a matter of how long will it be. Finding the original being fastest of course.

I gave up the figure quest when it started to get out of hand imo in the late 90's. Had a real solid collection of first movie figures including at that time the only known carded double telescoping Luke as well as carded and bagged Vader and Ben. The only think I never bought was a rocket firing Fett. Never really collected the vehicles and such though do love a lot of them. Grew up with SW and some of them still bring powerful childhood memories back. Believe it or not my strongest though is not associated with a toy but instead one of the Burger King glasses.

For my money I would have go with the wall display rather than the table myself.

I never sought after the figs like this, though I do look at what these guys post on facebook. www.facebook.com/9holygrails/ or forum.rebelscum.com
I only have the stuff from my childhood. Which is all open and well played with. It would nonetheless make for a nice display/decoration.
I am not familiar with the Burger King Glasses you mentioned?!?
I think I agree the wall display would be a better for long term. The coffeetable is more novelty.
This Space For Rent!

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #1782 on: November 25, 2015, 04:42:30 PM »
Wish I had the toys from when I was a kid but only have the glasses, won't complain, better than nothing. You are lucky though compared to many.

The burger king glasses was a set of four put out for each of the three original movies.

Star Wars Burger King Glasses
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 04:43:34 PM by Undead »
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1783 on: November 29, 2015, 09:38:59 PM »
This is probably buried in the archives somewhere, but I thought I'd post it again.
Museum is a private local place, packed with a gazillion toys.
http://brettstoymuseum.com/

Mirosae

« Reply #1784 on: November 29, 2015, 09:58:34 PM »
Blimey. That is a lot of stuff faint2.gif

Offline Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #1785 on: November 30, 2015, 08:49:51 AM »
That looks a fun place to poke around!

Didn't see these posted yet...official homage posters for Force Awakens (not sure if they're printed or just digital though). Apart from the fake fold lines, I think they tap that nostalgia vein nicely:

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/11/27/3-exclusive-retro-posters-for-star-wars-the-force-awakens

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #1786 on: November 30, 2015, 07:46:14 PM »
Those really have the old school look.  cool1

I wonder if any were printed.  
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 07:50:25 PM by Neo »

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1787 on: December 01, 2015, 05:37:17 PM »
B1

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

GeneralVeers

« Reply #1788 on: December 02, 2015, 12:44:31 AM »
Chinese poster

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #1789 on: December 02, 2015, 09:00:23 AM »
2016?

Offline skyjackers

• Hoarder
« Reply #1790 on: December 02, 2015, 09:06:57 AM »
It has to be 2016 because of a cap on the number of International films allowed to be released in China in a year.

GeneralVeers

« Reply #1791 on: December 02, 2015, 09:07:28 AM »
2016?

Yes, China does not allow any movies to open in December. The release date is January 9, 2016.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2488496/releaseinfo?ref_=tt_ql_6
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 09:07:56 AM by GeneralVeers »

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #1792 on: December 02, 2015, 09:32:24 AM »
Thanks. Who do you think the Chinese are rooting for...

Offline skyjackers

• Hoarder
« Reply #1793 on: December 02, 2015, 11:32:44 AM »
It is kind of weird how they have given less emphasis to certain characters. I'm not sure what that says about the intended audience.

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #1794 on: December 02, 2015, 12:37:20 PM »
agreed, in particular downgrading the status of black people and wookies :'(

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1795 on: December 02, 2015, 12:42:42 PM »
And could Luke be the masked character, all in black?

hmmm.gif

-Jeff

Offline GemGem

• Hobbyist
    • GemGem movie posters
« Reply #1796 on: December 02, 2015, 07:13:08 PM »
Roll, roll, roll, Rollergirl!!!

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #1797 on: December 02, 2015, 07:15:05 PM »

I friggin love it!!!  wow1

Where can I buy that poster?
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1798 on: December 02, 2015, 11:32:30 PM »
That gif is fantastic!
Thanks for posting it, GemGem.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1799 on: December 03, 2015, 01:27:34 AM »
Bravo, GemGem!!