Author Topic: Star Wars posters!  (Read 677338 times)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: Star Wars posters!
« Reply #1175 on: May 13, 2014, 04:29:34 PM »
I have multiple of some Star Wars posters.  A red one comes to mind.  Do I need them?  No, but I like to have them.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #1176 on: May 13, 2014, 04:41:17 PM »
I have multiple of some Star Wars posters.  A red one comes to mind.  Do I need them?  No, but I like to have them.

T

You are a poster hoarder collector though.

Just wondering allowed why someone wants 5 posters, assuming they aren't of our ilk.
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

GeneralVeers

« Reply #1177 on: May 13, 2014, 04:44:16 PM »
Interesting about the Style C that these were signed by Lucas and Kurtz. Although the Style C without the ratings box is referred to as the International style, it was used in some US theaters. I know for a fact it was used in the Brookdale Plitt theater in Brooklyn Center, MN in 1978 as a friend of mine actually got the poster they used there. It was also tri-folded. Is it possible the studio was distributing these to theaters? If so, what was the PG version used for? Military bases is one theory, special screenings is another, but no one seems to know for sure.

Clearly the studio had a supply of these tri-folded Style C "International" one-sheets as is further evidenced by this find, and somebody was distributing some of them to US theaters for use.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1178 on: May 13, 2014, 04:53:16 PM »
You are a poster hoarder collector though.

Just wondering allowed why someone wants 5 posters, assuming they aren't of our ilk.

What's very sad is that they were signed by some dude and his aunt, which makes them totally worthless to me.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #1179 on: May 13, 2014, 09:56:23 PM »
So the Empire Strikes Back Advance white title one sheet is on E-Bay already for just over double what he paid for it. From a mere $2,769 to $5,595, a minor markup. I now also know that when I am outbid by Posterchild on EMP it is Cinemaster&^%# on E-Bay. The good news is it is not the only copy out there as was advertised.

He also has listed the NSS one for a mere $3,595. A little pricey as it is uncommon it is not even close tot he only one out there.

I threw this on in the mid auction thread as well. If there is an issue with two spots feel free to delete one.

Empire Advance White Title

Empire Advance NSS
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 02:40:14 AM by erik1925 »
Undead.net Coming Soon...ish to a nightmare near you!
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1180 on: May 13, 2014, 10:53:26 PM »
So the Empire Strikes Back Advance white title one sheet is on E-Bay already for just over double what he paid for it. From a mere $2,769 to $5,595, a minor markup. I now also know that when I am outbid by Posterchild on EMP it is Cinemaster&^%# on E-Bay. The good news is it is not the only copy out there as was advertised.

He also has listed the NSS one for a mere $3,595. A little pricey as it is uncommon it is not even close tot he only one out there.

I threw this on in the mid auction thread as well. If there is an issue with two spots feel free to delete one.

Empire Advance White Title

Empire Advance NSS

It's possible Dave has them listed on consignment.  But it's just as likely he is going for the typical Cinemasterflip
Chris

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #1181 on: May 13, 2014, 11:35:27 PM »
The ugly butthole of the poster business she is butt how do you know its pretty woman herself?

True enough, may not be and as stated earlier is a consignment but I am betting against it.
Undead.net Coming Soon...ish to a nightmare near you!
Just bleach the bitch!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1182 on: May 14, 2014, 01:20:07 AM »
What happened to the links?
My Personal Collection

Offline CineMasterpieces

• Collector
    • CineMasterpieces Movie Posters
« Reply #1183 on: May 14, 2014, 02:33:29 AM »

I own them.

They are probably not one of a kind, but in 30+ years of collecting they are the only ones I have ever seen. The silver title rolled nss one actually came from us a few years ago. As soon as we listed it the long time Star Wars completest collector snapped it up (the one who consigned it to Bruce). He knew how rare it is.

with love,

your friendly neighborhood ugly butthole of the poster business

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1184 on: May 14, 2014, 02:40:52 AM »
What happened to the links?

They work now.  ;)

-Jeff

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #1185 on: May 14, 2014, 03:14:55 AM »
Schan, the custodian. May the force be with you. ;D

Still have it, hanging on display next to another George Lucas piece

Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1186 on: May 14, 2014, 12:19:25 PM »

Schan.. do you know, or have you ever heard how many of that Starfall style were ever printed? It really is an eye grabber. Awesome color, too!

-Jeff

Mirosae

« Reply #1187 on: May 14, 2014, 03:43:09 PM »
It looks so much better on your walls. And I like them both a lot. Thanks for posting the pics Schan, much appreciated.

Add me to the list. Jealous.  :D

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
« Reply #1188 on: May 14, 2014, 03:49:16 PM »

Schan how often do you see this rerelease foil? I would like to know more about it but haven't really found anything.

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #1189 on: May 14, 2014, 05:26:05 PM »
Cinemasterflip

Curse you, and your hastiness in posting this joke before I could.

I was mistaken,

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #1190 on: May 14, 2014, 05:33:31 PM »
Somebody sent this email and photo to me today:

I was visiting with family tonight and was told about the rarity of a poster we have. My dad obtained 5 of them from Gary Kurtz which were signed by Gary and George Lucas. My dad has a picture with Gary Kurtz from when he received them. I have read on your website about many fakes out there and I really wanted to know if this one is really worth a lot. I believe it is not a fake. A photo is attached. All 5 are still in the family. What is the PG box mentioned on your website?

The laser fire is there and it's tri-folded, so (assuming it's 27x41) it's an original Style C.

Expect to see these on the market soon.  I believe they're legit.  I advised him to sell these with an affidavit from his father explaining how he got them.  He sent me a pic of his father with Gary Kurtz.

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #1191 on: May 14, 2014, 05:39:55 PM »
Didja get one off the top of the pile?

I was mistaken,

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #1192 on: May 14, 2014, 09:06:54 PM »
Didja get one off the top of the pile?

Naw, I never take advantage of the peoplez who write me.  Told him to consign them and expect to get at least $500 for them.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1193 on: May 14, 2014, 09:36:13 PM »
So it goes like this, right?  A, B, C & D.

How come the Advance is B and the Reg is A?

T
My Personal Collection

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #1194 on: May 14, 2014, 10:10:35 PM »
So it goes like this, right?  A, B, C & D.
How come the Advance is B and the Reg is A?

T

I wondered the same thing myself and the Star Wars Poster Book doesn't provide an answer.  The "Teaser B" came out in Spring 1977 before the movie began playing May 25, 1977.  The Star Wars "Style A" did not make it to theaters for several weeks after the movie was playing.  The international "Style C" came out in late 1977 and the the "Style D" came out in summer 1978.

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #1195 on: May 14, 2014, 10:19:54 PM »
For the 15th Anniversary Kilian printed the Hildebrandt version and called it "Style B" but that style was never released in theaters in the US:

« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 10:20:51 PM by Dread_Pirate_Mel »

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1196 on: May 14, 2014, 10:45:47 PM »
Curse you, and your hastiness in posting this joke before I could.

Don't worry I am sure there will be many more opportunities for Cinemasterpuns
Chris

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1197 on: May 14, 2014, 11:04:31 PM »
So the Empire Strikes Back Advance white title one sheet is on E-Bay already for just over double what he paid for it. From a mere $2,769 to $5,595, a minor markup.

A quick, added 100+% is a "minor markup?"

We know where you must shop.  ;D

-Jeff

Offline CineMasterpieces

• Collector
    • CineMasterpieces Movie Posters
« Reply #1198 on: May 15, 2014, 04:00:01 AM »
"Don't worry I am sure there will be many more opportunities for Cinemasterpuns"

My personal all time favorite was CineMasterjesus.

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #1199 on: May 15, 2014, 09:30:35 AM »
Matias
http://110x75.blogspot.com.ar/

IG: @cinepapelarchivo