Author Topic: Star Wars posters!  (Read 677333 times)

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
Re: Star Wars posters!
« Reply #150 on: June 10, 2010, 10:26:57 PM »
 nono  whip  gun1 for sale post! Moderator censor this post!

Bruce

« Reply #151 on: June 10, 2010, 10:33:39 PM »
Don't just censor the post. Humiliate the poster, and then ban him for "life".

That'll show him!

lurkers

Bruce

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #152 on: June 10, 2010, 10:58:56 PM »
...and then make him send the poster to ME for punishment.  moron1

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #153 on: June 10, 2010, 11:21:33 PM »
Hey Star Wars collectors.. Dave Lieberman is going to be selling a Star Wars concert poster on fleaBay.. OOps.. I mean on (butt goo).

hey... maybe I should be posting this in soon-to-be-auctioned??

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #154 on: June 10, 2010, 11:26:37 PM »
You should be taken behind the shed and shellacked for that price anyway!

Offline Cj

• Hobbyist
« Reply #155 on: June 11, 2010, 12:47:12 AM »

lol, Looks like R2D2 has a set of right size up boobs.

Cj

Offline joneyyy

• Collector
« Reply #156 on: June 11, 2010, 09:30:11 AM »
if anyone wants 1 for a 3rd of that price let me know.

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #157 on: June 11, 2010, 10:01:21 AM »
Jeannie needs to get on here and start kicking @ss and takin' names!

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #158 on: June 11, 2010, 02:15:56 PM »
STAR WARS collectors (like Chad  ;) ), might like to know that the Revenge of the Sith circus style tribute poster is available again -- temporarily -- at their site..... I missed it the first time around (when they offered it with a B&W print of Matt Busch's concept art)...so, get it now if you are so inclined...it's really very nice...

http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/product.xml?topcatID=293;product_id=414222

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #159 on: June 11, 2010, 10:03:26 PM »
You should be taken behind the shed and shellacked for that price anyway!

laugh1

I have now picked up on enough to get the joke but some poor( rich in cash I hope) unsuspecting sap will pay it.

Offline supraman079

• Global Moderator
  • Collector
    • Supraman079's Poster Website
« Reply #160 on: June 11, 2010, 10:25:53 PM »
STAR WARS collectors (like Chad  ;) ), might like to know that the Revenge of the Sith circus style tribute poster is available again -- temporarily

Thanks bud for looking out for me!   thumbup

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #161 on: June 11, 2010, 10:56:10 PM »
Brude I really like that homage to the original Style D...nice stuff
Chris

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #162 on: June 11, 2010, 11:03:14 PM »
Thanks for heads up, Brude.  I got one too, although my love for the prequels is puny.

Anybody catch the Ohrai "re-master" sale last month?  They discovered a high-res transparency of his painting and printed 500.  Sold out and vultures are selling it on Ebay now:

Offline supraman079

• Global Moderator
  • Collector
    • Supraman079's Poster Website
« Reply #163 on: June 11, 2010, 11:29:03 PM »
I have to say if I did ever pick up some Star Wars paper it would be artwork done by Ohrai and it would probably be the Starfall poster.

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #164 on: June 12, 2010, 07:33:54 AM »
Thanks for heads up, Brude.  I got one too, although my love for the prequels is puny.

Anybody catch the Ohrai "re-master" sale last month?  They discovered a high-res transparency of his painting and printed 500.  Sold out and vultures are selling it on Ebay now:

What a complete load of Franklin Mint shit.  If you want a really nice looking version of this image, then you should be on the lookout for the original Australian one sheet or daybill.

BTW, have they learned how to ship a poster yet?

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #165 on: June 12, 2010, 08:51:00 AM »
What a complete load of Franklin Mint shit.  If you want a really nice looking version of this image, then you should be on the lookout for the original Australian one sheet or daybill.

Archie, your narrow-minded negativity - on this and every other issue - is a drag.  "You should be"?  Who made you the poster uber-god?

There's nothing wrong with high-quality, properly-licensed commercial posters (not Moviegoods crap) and not everybody can afford - or arguably is foolish enough to blow - $200-$350 on the Australian originals.

I plan to get the Australian original eventually - for the right price - but this poster is a decent substitute and would look great on the wall in the interim.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 09:07:13 AM by Dread_Pirate_Mel »

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #166 on: June 12, 2010, 10:06:21 AM »
What a complete load of Franklin Mint shit.  If you want a really nice looking version of this image, then you should be on the lookout for the original Australian one sheet or daybill.

I agree...original is always better!
Chris

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #167 on: June 12, 2010, 11:48:31 AM »
Archie, your narrow-minded negativity - on this and every other issue - is a drag.  "You should be"?  Who made you the poster uber-god?

Mel, I don't think Archie was going after you.  I think he was commenting on Star Wars shop desperate attempt at making extra $$$, now that their sales have drastically gone down.  And I agree with him.  For $100 more, and a little wait, you could get the real thing (which I still don't have, damnit, Jeannie).

Or you could get the Spanish version (for less), or the Japanese one (for more).

T

My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #168 on: June 12, 2010, 05:08:59 PM »

There's nothing wrong with high-quality, properly-licensed commercial posters (not Moviegoods crap) and not everybody can afford - or arguably is foolish enough to blow - $200-$350 on the Australian originals.

I plan to get the Australian original eventually - for the right price - but this poster is a decent substitute and would look great on the wall in the interim.

Mr. Brie hit the nail on the head.  This is nothing against you DPM (which is a terrific login name BTW).  The Star Wars Shop has a lousy history when it comes 'collector interests'.  The 'numbering' aspect of this mock-reprint is ridiculous.

The Ohrai ESB is, in my mind, easily the best modern daybill, which I prefer over the one sheet.

And if you want to live in a land of rainbow covered unicorn bunnies, I suggest checking out Expresso Beans, where every print is 'the bestest thing evar'...

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #169 on: June 13, 2010, 09:14:47 PM »
FYI: These were sold very cheap ($19.99) and sold out quickly.  They are full-size 27x40.  Hardly a rip-off.  Like I said, I want an original too but this would have been a good temporary substitute until I find an original Australian OS for $150 or less.  (The non-English versions are fine too but I definitely prefer the Australian.)

As far as shipping, I got a "your poster has shipped" the next day after I ordered the Star Wars Sith Circus poster.  Brude got his four days after ordering.

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #170 on: June 13, 2010, 09:31:51 PM »
FYI: These were sold very cheap ($19.99) and sold out quickly.  They are full-size 27x40.  Hardly a rip-off.  Like I said, I want an original too but this would have been a good temporary substitute until I find an original Australian OS for $150 or less.  (The non-English versions are fine too but I definitely prefer the Australian.)

As far as shipping, I got a "your poster has shipped" the next day after I ordered the Star Wars Sith Circus poster.  Brude got his four days after ordering.

Shipping time wasn't the issue. Two inch triangle tubes with no other protection, creasing every poster inside, were the issue. I gave up after more than a half dozen orders and not a single undamaged poster arrived.

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #171 on: June 13, 2010, 11:22:55 PM »
Shipping time wasn't the issue. Two inch triangle tubes with no other protection, creasing every poster inside, were the issue. I gave up after more than a half dozen orders and not a single undamaged poster arrived.

I can sympathize. Shipping from Star Wars.com has always been my issue with ordering anything from them.  I have had my fair share of damaged packages from their fulfillment service.  This time however, was different.  Four days later (instead of advertised 7-10 weeks) it arrived, and in a secure tubular tube to boot.  I was shocked -- undamaged.

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #172 on: July 16, 2010, 05:11:50 PM »
Good article on Starwars.com about the development of Kastel's Empire Strikes Back "GWTW" style poster:

First version:

Second version (extended vertically):

Final version:

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #173 on: August 14, 2010, 10:44:39 PM »
Somebody sold the original transparency for the Star Wars 1st Birthday poster tonight - pretty cool:

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #174 on: September 14, 2010, 10:10:55 PM »
   I've been waiting for one of these to come up on Ebay...it hasn't happened, so I went to Fox (see below)...

If you want one (or one of Fox's other designs), go here http://www.fox75th.com/ and order a DVD (which you'll get in a week).  In DVD will be a poster code which you redeem online, choose your poster, send $5 shipping and, in about 10 business days, voila...poster she is yours.  Poster was double-tubed and arrived safe and sound...