Author Topic: Star Wars posters!  (Read 675569 times)

kauaitx

Re: Star Wars posters!
« Reply #75 on: March 20, 2010, 03:52:39 PM »

Grrrrrr.   >:( 

I've been working and sleep-deprived and had no idea about this poster because I wasn't even looking at my eBay watchlist.  The U.S. Style C still eludes me, mostly because I refuse to pay more than a certain amount.  I would have done like the rest of you and asked about any lint on Leia's shoulder before I committed.  But, the fact that the haze circumscribing the laser blasts is obvious, I might have taken the risk and then raised holy hell later if it turned out to be a fake.

Jeannie

wonka

« Reply #76 on: April 19, 2010, 10:33:02 PM »
Mel, interesting poster, but why do you like to post linkage to current auctions?

While I am not personally interested in this guy's wares, you could be costing other folk some coin...again.

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #77 on: April 19, 2010, 10:51:55 PM »
Wonka, I do not think there should be a prohibition on such activity. You may cost someone money, you may let someone else know it's available. you win, You lose.. who cares

to that end

hey Star wars people

here's a link to all Star wars poster auctions on fleaBay right now
http://entertainment-memorabilia.shop.ebay.com/Posters-/18828/i.html?LH_Auction=1&_nkw=star+wars&_trksid=p3286.c0.m489

here's a link to all Star wars poster listings
http://entertainment-memorabilia.shop.ebay.com/Posters-/18828/i.html?_nkw=star+wars&_trksid=p3286.c0.m489

here's a link to everything Star Wars on fleabay in all categories
http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m570.l1313&_nkw=star+wars&_sacat=See-All-Categories

and for good measure, here's a google search of everything Star Wars
http://www.google.com/search?q=star+wars&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7

take that!!! laugh1

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #78 on: April 19, 2010, 10:52:25 PM »
Mel, interesting poster, but why do you like to post linkage to current auctions?

While I am not personally interested in this guy's wares, you could be costing other folk some coin...again.

I was thinking the exact same thing, but decided to let it go, until I saw Ben's post.  If I was bidding on Hideyuki's current auction, I'd be really mad that you posted a link to these auctions, Mel.  If you're done buying from him, fine, but remember that other buyers are around and may want to bid without added competition.  Also, by linking someone you buy from, you may find it harder to get what you want to get the next time the seller has something you want.

Posts your new acquisitions as much as you want, but you should really think twice before you link a seller's sale.  Lots of lurkers too.

Thierry
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #79 on: April 19, 2010, 10:56:32 PM »
Where is Jeannie?  

Rich needs his Jeannie.  She's the only one who can calm him, if only for a moment.

T
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 11:36:39 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #80 on: April 19, 2010, 11:07:40 PM »
OK guys, I probably did jump the gun on that a bit since the sale is still going on, although most of the minimum prices were pretty high, so they're not really going for bargain prices.  I've removed the post for now.

• Post-aholic
« Reply #81 on: April 19, 2010, 11:24:30 PM »
I wish everyone would post my sales
as far as I'm concerned, if you think someone is selling something I want.. get the link out there. I don't care if I have to pay more.. I'll pay what I'll pay and if someone else pays more.. more power to them.

Put those links out there I say.. do and do it now!!!

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder

-------

• Post-aholic
« Reply #82 on: April 19, 2010, 11:25:01 PM »
and I'm not joking, even though I jokingly do it that way.. no joke!!

-------

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #83 on: April 19, 2010, 11:35:01 PM »
JEANNIE!!!
My Personal Collection

• Post-aholic
« Reply #84 on: April 19, 2010, 11:42:38 PM »
Thierry.. did you get my email re: coming to LA?

-------

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #85 on: April 20, 2010, 12:12:52 AM »
Yeah...  I'll see you there, Rich.  Email me more info, though, I don't know anything about this convention.

T
My Personal Collection

• Post-aholic
« Reply #86 on: April 20, 2010, 12:14:48 AM »
www.hollywoodshow.com

it's where you saw me last time

-------

kauaitx

« Reply #87 on: April 20, 2010, 09:53:23 AM »

Rich, dear, methinks you're having a bit of hypoxic euphoria, heading towards some bad hallucinations, like the one about all those Star Wars posters being auctioned.  They don't exist, Rich, they don't exist....

I'm one among the many who really, really hate when active auction links get posted, for the same reasons as Thierry's.  Have y'all ever seen me when a poster I'm eyeing (and sniping) gets outed?  It's not pretty.

It's a good thing I'm not after any of those posters being auctioned by Hideki, or else Rich would be seeing a poster wrath like he's never seen before.  I have access to toxic compounds.

I have to get back to work!  I have no computer at home!  Stop being such trouble!

Jeannie

Carson

« Reply #88 on: April 20, 2010, 07:57:59 PM »
Rich, did you delete your earlier posts or did they just vanish?

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #89 on: April 20, 2010, 08:12:58 PM »
posting links to auctions. well sure it hurts those out there to get a bargain, or might, but jeepers, get over it, want it? pay for it. can afford it, want it? pay for it. nobody is stealing or breaking the law, or whatever, by letting other potential buyers have a chance.
not like ANY Star wars poster will ever be sold again.
If you bid on auctions, expect others to also, if there was only 1 buyer, there wouldn't be auctions anymore.
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #90 on: April 20, 2010, 08:28:32 PM »
Rich, did you delete your earlier posts or did they just vanish?

They were deleted to protect the innocent....  I don't mind when someone volunteers their picture to this forum, but I don't want to start a practice of posting pictures of folks without their permission.  Some are really sensitive to this, as was Jeannie, and rightfully so.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Carson

« Reply #91 on: April 20, 2010, 08:39:40 PM »
I don't know what was posted only told that Rich had posted something "hilarious" and now it's gone. If someone posted pics they shouldn't have that's understandable.

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #92 on: April 20, 2010, 09:23:27 PM »
It was admittedly funny, for sure, but just the same, all it takes is one oddball for problems to start.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #93 on: April 20, 2010, 09:31:17 PM »
its a hard thing to run a forum, as HHR and T are I am sure realising, sometimes, "JOKES" are borderline, dunno what this was, but if a member is offended, and it involves them or mostly their image, its kinda hard not to get rid of it.
I am not imune, once we had a teasing thread, all in good fun on NS4 about a member, who I/we thought would have a laugh, but he was offended, and worried it might have an affect on his job etc, so asked me (nicely) to remove.
Sometimes people step over the bounds, lesson I learned is make sure the reciever of the "joke" is ok with it. Known them well enough.
Dunno what the pic/s were, here, but if Rich was teasing Jeannie, then I SUSPECT he doesn't realise that she would take offense. And if he doesnt/didn/t, then Rich, go look at the last few years of NS4 and see she don't take shit from nobody.
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #94 on: April 21, 2010, 08:37:47 AM »
having seen it, i would say it was more of a privacy thing than an offensive thing (though among some circles it might have been considered offensive) and rightly removed if that is what was requested. 
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

kauaitx

« Reply #95 on: April 21, 2010, 09:58:53 AM »

It was a privacy and a professional issue.  In a closed environment, among online friends, it wouldn't be a problem and everyone could laugh at it.  On public forums where there are lurkerss and, as Holiday noted, oddballs, the kind of pictures Rich posted were not benign.

Rich was teasing me in fun, and since I know how he is and that he didn't mean any offense by it, I didn't personally take offense, but I was very uncomfortable by them.  Photoshopping someone's headshot onto sexual poses, especially without their permission, crosses the point of teasing.  I've been around "the boys" long enough to know their teasing ways, but I think because I take the teasing in stride, some get carried away and forget that good fun doesn't include putting someone photographically in sexually compromising situations.  Or any situation that compromises them. 

My reasons are the same as that other NSFGE member when he wanted those Photoshopped photos of him taken down.  Plus, as some of you know privately already, there are other reasons for not having photos of me, especially like the ones Rich made, posted up. 

I wasn't upset.  I was just really worried.  I'm good with Rich.  That sexist pig.

Jeannie

• Post-aholic
« Reply #96 on: April 21, 2010, 02:40:28 PM »
what sexual poses???

you were wearing leather, you were pulling me along on a leash (woof), you were riding me like a pony and you were talking dirty to me ("take that you dog")

WHERE WAS THE SEX???

wynk

-------

• Post-aholic
« Reply #97 on: April 21, 2010, 02:43:52 PM »
PS..  at least I saved the post

laugh1

-------

• Post-aholic
« Reply #98 on: April 21, 2010, 03:45:14 PM »
by popular demand.. I guess Michelle has to be my new gal.. Sorry (put name here)
===========================================================

you know, I don't know where (put name here)is, but I just found the pictures we took when I saw her in L.A. a couple years ago
here's when she came by my table & told me she'd be back & we'd hang out

she made me do some things I didn't really like. but you know how it is fellas.. anything to make them happy

then she heard Tarantino was remaking Ilsa, Queen of the She Wolves and she went over for an audition. I thought she did pretty well

"take that you dog" .. I don't know why she talks so dirty to me

Well girlie.. the worm has turned

now I get to have my fun
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 05:18:37 PM by MoviePosterBid.com »

-------

Dr Hackenbush

« Reply #99 on: April 21, 2010, 04:03:34 PM »
LOL