Author Topic: Star Wars posters!  (Read 668008 times)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: Star Wars posters!
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2010, 07:15:45 PM »
You know how much shit my 2 big dogs bring in...  Trust me, if she stuck around all these years, she IS the best.  I just wish she'd understand posters.  But then again, it's like everyone else, including my wife.  We had a dinner party last night, and the subject of posters came up for a brief, oh so brief, second, and you should have seen the looks on people's faces.  You collect what?  Why?  This is why forums are great.  So that all of us freaks can find people to communicate with.  And even that is hard.

loser
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

kauaitx

« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2010, 07:50:48 PM »

Oh, and welcome to APF, Agentprovocateur!   You made a superb choice by starting your poster collection with the Star Wars posters.  Since I'm not biased at all by what I consider to be the best posters, that statement is very factual.   ;)

How well I know, Fromage, the dearth of having compadres to talk to in person on a daily basis about my crazy obsessions.  If it's not BSG, it's Star Wars at work, all day -- OK, I talk shop a little, but only under duress.  And, yes, I remember how dirty your girls could get, those spoiled things.  They are absolutely loyal to you and love you unquestioningly.  I don't understand why.

Jeannie

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2010, 10:12:20 PM »
 Then my maid came and mopped the floors.  Of course, her mop went next to the frame and she completely watered it.  

Troublesome French maid - is there anything worse?

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2010, 10:20:57 PM »
All I can think to ask is - you have a maid?  Am I missing the boat here?  Is it the new thing to have a maid?

Maybe that explains all the free time to amass your ridiculous collection ;)
Chris

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2010, 10:39:01 PM »
All I can think to ask is - you have a maid?  Am I missing the boat here?  Is it the new thing to have a maid?

Maybe that explains all the free time to amass your ridiculous collection ;)

I like you, Chris.  Each one of your posts makes me laugh.  Yes, I have a maid, but maybe I shouldn't have said that.  Is it so crazy?  I didn't think twice about it.  Her name is Magdalena, she comes once a week, sometimes more when we entertain, and she doesn't look remotely as nice as the one Mel posted.  Thank GOD!!!

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2010, 10:44:44 PM »
I like you, Chris.  Each one of your posts makes me laugh.  Yes, I have a maid, but maybe I shouldn't have said that.  Is it so crazy?  I didn't think twice about it.  Her name is Magdalena, she comes once a week, sometimes more when we entertain, and she doesn't look remotely as nice as the one Mel posted.  Thank GOD!!!

T

I guess you just have to be sure that any 'little Thierrys' in the household at least appear as being of French stock and not Salvadorian lest the 'Abused Wife' suddenly becomes the 'Poster Abuser'...
Chris

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #56 on: February 21, 2010, 10:47:24 PM »
Oh and Thierry - you'll be happy to know I have also committed the worst internet forum sin imaginable by posting a "Thierry Spoiler" on NSFGE.

Apparently, we are kindred spirits now...
Chris

kauaitx

« Reply #57 on: February 21, 2010, 10:50:58 PM »

sm1

I LOVE IT!!   It makes me giddy just thinking about Thierry and Chris Spoiler Alerts from Er(ot)ic!   

Jeannie

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2010, 10:55:18 PM »
sm1

I LOVE IT!!   It makes me giddy just thinking about Thierry and Chris Spoiler Alerts from Er(ot)ic!   

Jeannie

It will be ego-feeding to see my name crop up in future thread headers!
Chris

agentprovocateur

« Reply #59 on: February 22, 2010, 05:29:01 AM »
Great story eatbrie, you must have the patience of a saint... may the force be with you Mel 8)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2010, 02:26:45 PM »
got any photos to post?.....the maid, not theposters :-*

Here she is!!!

My Personal Collection

linder1

« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2010, 05:58:37 PM »
The Japanese B0, you really have to see this in person to appreciate it.

Holiday, is this a true B0 or is it the ~1m x 1.6m "billboard"?

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2010, 08:25:09 PM »
Snagged this "1998 British ESB 25x35" commercial poster tonight on Ebay very cheap:

This is the only copy of this I've ever seen and it's not anywhere on Ebay.  It's probably not valuable by itself BUT it uses the original Kastel artwork with Boba Fett & Lando.   A few months ago eMovie sold a 27x41 "international but possible bootleg" version of this for $1,800.  Cinemasterpieces is selling the only other known copy of that poster for $2,500.  This issue was discussed extensively on MPF.  It was originally believed these were "never before seen" art but in fact the same original Kastel art was used on the ESB novel and album.

So is this commercial version somehow related to the mystery posters sold by Emovie and Cinemasterpieces?

agentprovocateur

« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2010, 03:27:37 PM »
Fantastic posters and sending love to your maid too... how could you hold a grudge against her for a simple prang ;D

Matt

« Reply #64 on: March 06, 2010, 11:24:07 PM »
Aussie OS that came in this week.

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2010, 10:10:56 PM »
Aussie OS that came in this week.

Great catch Matt!

Landed this Immunity poster this week:

And the ESB commercial print with the original Kastel artwork (with Lando):

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #66 on: March 17, 2010, 02:52:32 PM »
Alright... which one of you bought this NM tri-fold SW Style C for $299!?  The seller said two people inquired about the hairs on Leia and R2.  I didn't get to read my response until 20 minutes after the seller replied to both of us... it was already gone by then.

Well played, whoever you are...

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #67 on: March 17, 2010, 04:03:00 PM »
yes, I also got answered late enough to miss it

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

sergmark

« Reply #68 on: March 18, 2010, 01:28:06 AM »
Now I know where all the cash is around here... Star wars posters.. 8) 8)

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #69 on: March 18, 2010, 05:56:36 AM »
Alright... which one of you bought this NM tri-fold SW Style C for $299!?  The seller said two people inquired about the hairs on Leia and R2.  I didn't get to read my response until 20 minutes after the seller replied to both of us... it was already gone by then.

Well played, whoever you are...

I missed it because I rarely check the "buy it now" stuff - only the auctions.  That's a hell of a deal....

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #70 on: March 18, 2010, 09:09:19 AM »
Hey Mel... I'm the same. I normally don't even include BIN items in my searches. However, this Style C was listed as $199 opening bid, $299 BIN.

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #71 on: March 18, 2010, 01:31:54 PM »
Hey Mel... I'm the same. I normally don't even include BIN items in my searches. However, this Style C was listed as $199 opening bid, $299 BIN.

The seller tried to sell it the previous week for $475 and it didn't sell.  But that's the beauty of Ebay - you can occasionally find great deals like this that slip under the radar.

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #72 on: March 18, 2010, 01:43:48 PM »
Yup, that's why I still buy there.

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #73 on: March 18, 2010, 01:56:29 PM »
I didn't snap it fast because I figured if it was BIN at $299, it was probably a phony, but I still asked about Leia's back. Lucky for the buyer that the photo sucked

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #74 on: March 18, 2010, 02:17:57 PM »
Same here Rich.  I was waiting for confirmation on the hairs... as were everyone apparently!