Author Topic: Star Wars posters!  (Read 676357 times)

guest4955

Re: Star Wars posters!
« Reply #2225 on: February 05, 2018, 12:05:38 AM »
Previous sales:

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #2226 on: February 05, 2018, 10:02:05 AM »
Haven't really looked into those yet, they sold another one yesterday. Feeling a bit skeptical on them initially though.
Undead.net Coming Soon...ish to a nightmare near you!
Just bleach the bitch!

guest4955

« Reply #2227 on: February 05, 2018, 04:47:46 PM »
Lando rules this roost, others OK:

Offline Huey Dewey

• Beginner
« Reply #2228 on: February 10, 2018, 07:23:52 AM »
Me too... the seller's eBay profile is:

ww2germanphoto (544)   
Positive Feedback (last 12 months): 100%

But the listing showed Zurich, Switzerland as the item location. Sales are all 'private' as well.

They just don't look like Jung's work to me. Not too hard for a talented artist to produce these on a batch of old paper stock. Also, I don't think Jung's drawing paper would have aged so badly!

Haven't really looked into those yet, they sold another one yesterday. Feeling a bit skeptical on them initially though.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 07:25:13 AM by Huey Dewey »

Offline mcfree

• Hobbyist
« Reply #2230 on: February 10, 2018, 11:46:12 AM »
They just don't look like Jung's work to me. Not too hard for a talented artist to produce these on a batch of old paper stock. Also, I don't think Jung's drawing paper would have aged so badly!

I agree.
Though intrigued, I'm too skeptical. I need to feel comfortable with it if I'm dropping that kind money.
Favorites?
-Original Trilogy Star Wars    -Audrey Hepburn    -Frank Capra movies    -Foreign movies
--------& Anything obscure, unique, & foreign made (especially Star Wars)
-
This is becoming a way of life...

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2231 on: February 10, 2018, 01:08:17 PM »
And the seller gives no backstory of how he acquired (so many of) them or the provenance of the pieces.

Appears a little questionable to me, too, since that very important info is lacking. They could be legit, but for me, much more info would be needed (and helpful).
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 08:03:42 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

guest4955

« Reply #2232 on: February 12, 2018, 02:37:43 AM »

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2233 on: March 16, 2018, 02:06:20 PM »
This one just ended.  Pretty good result. 

It always amazes me to see people bid and overbid each other to no end, so much wasted time, when someone who hasn't bid at all just swipes it in the end  headbang.gif

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

guest4955

« Reply #2234 on: March 26, 2018, 04:57:58 PM »

It always amazes me to see people bid and overbid each other to no end, so much wasted time, when someone who hasn't bid at all just swipes it in the end  headbang.gif

T

;)

guest4955

« Reply #2235 on: March 27, 2018, 04:46:44 AM »
Mark Hamill is a "blast" on Twitter with 2.7 million followers:

https://twitter.com/HamillHimself

He occasionally promotes posters:

& SW miscellanea

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2236 on: March 27, 2018, 11:21:59 AM »

These are fun.  Too bad they're not posters.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #2237 on: March 27, 2018, 11:32:53 AM »

T

Yup, me too.

The feeling of still being 'in the game' must be overwhelming.

Back in the day when bidders of the same item could still get in touch with each other on eBay, one such character was most put out by my doing just that.  And he said;

'Well you 'expletive'.  I hope you enjoy your poster, you snipping (sic) 'expletive'.'

Oh dear.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2238 on: March 27, 2018, 12:12:12 PM »
Ah yes... back in the good, old, ebay days, right Simon?  ;D

-Jeff

guest4955

« Reply #2239 on: March 28, 2018, 02:48:50 PM »
These are fun.  Too bad they're not posters.

T

Oh yeah? Or did you mean not an official MP?

http://timothyandersonart.bigcartel.com/product/star-wars-pulp-part-4-the-purloined-plans

Curiously, Hamill originally posted this link in his Twitter post ... but then deleted it.

P.S. http://www.eatbrie.com/SW.html

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2240 on: March 28, 2018, 03:14:35 PM »
Oh yeah? Or did you mean not an official MP?

Okay, fine, not official movie posters.  I still bought them, though, because they're numbered (essential) and kinda cool.

T
My Personal Collection

guest4955

« Reply #2241 on: March 28, 2018, 03:50:18 PM »

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2242 on: March 28, 2018, 03:56:32 PM »
I got mine, go get yours:

Nope.  I think it's awful and I won't be buying from this gallery anymore.  They are REALLY bad at printing stuff.  They recently did a Back to the Future print.  It is awful.  Their Stout Age of Ultron is terrible.  Their recent Labyrinth variant is bad, bad, bad... you can't even read the credits.   No wonder things go unsold for months.

T
My Personal Collection

guest4955

« Reply #2243 on: March 28, 2018, 05:49:55 PM »

Online Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #2244 on: March 28, 2018, 07:23:14 PM »

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2245 on: March 29, 2018, 12:45:40 AM »
Curiously, Hamill originally posted this link in his Twitter post ... but then deleted it.

P.S. http://www.eatbrie.com/SW.html

Thanks for the free publicity, Mel.  From my website to my forum.  How convenient.  Unfortunately, it's never what you have, it's what you don't have that really matters, and I'm still missing 45 pieces :(

Just checked Emovie's auction for tomorrow and I'm always dumbfounded to see printer's test posters sell for so much.  This is probably at the top of the things I do not get about this hobby.  Why would anyone need a printer's test?  What is the point?  Just because it came before the final poster?  When does it end?  What if someone sold the ink the poster was printed with?  Would that sell too?

It's like people who try to get low numbers on prints.  Don't understand that either.  What if someone turned the pile around and started from the bottom?

T
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 12:48:52 AM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

guest4955

« Reply #2246 on: April 01, 2018, 03:36:15 AM »

Seller did not give any details about how/when sigs occurred.

I KNOW most of "y'all" think this is fake but just hush yo' mouth for a moment:

Seller surprisingly responded quickly to yahoo like me, but was evasive....

One sig I checked is correct:

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2247 on: April 01, 2018, 03:41:58 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/0x1mB0ykFu8" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/0x1mB0ykFu8</a>

T
My Personal Collection

guest4955

« Reply #2248 on: April 02, 2018, 09:23:10 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/0x1mB0ykFu8" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/0x1mB0ykFu8</a>

T

Ha, but the "usual suspect(s)" ALWAYS decry supposed "fakes" :;

Not fake but rare(ish) rolled:

guest4955

« Reply #2249 on: April 02, 2018, 09:27:26 PM »
The hyper-drive failed, so it's parked on the floor for now. But my personal 49yo dweeb-drive is obviously functioning fine  bed1

P.S. I like the "pseudo-damage" motif!