Author Topic: Star Wars posters!  (Read 675806 times)

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
Re: Star Wars posters!
« Reply #1450 on: April 20, 2015, 01:22:32 PM »
I love the poster as well but how can you not love the movie?  Luke having come of age is so confident confronting Jabba, Leia killing him at the Sarlaac pit after freeing Hans from the carbonite, the speeder bikes on Endor…the crazy intense light saber duel with Vader, Vader's fatherly yet pasty appearance...  ROTJ is fucking awesome!   Ok this is not a SW forum, I’ve said enough.  Carry on. coffee

Great, thanks Vick, now I will watch them again tonight. SO much for getting caught up on work thanks a lot.  ;D

Personally I agree the artwork on most of the Star Wars posters is great and worthy of collecting if only from that stand point. So many artists showing some of their best work on one series is amazing to me and rarely if ever seen anywhere else. I a die hard fan of the movies, well the originals anyway, love everything about them including eh toys, advertising, posters, records, all of it. I actually have picture discs on one way from the records. If I ever land a 24 sheet I actually have a wall reserved for it and will put it up.
Undead.net Coming Soon...ish to a nightmare near you!
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1451 on: April 20, 2015, 01:23:21 PM »
One word: Ewoks!

If I had to grade them, I'd go

Empire 10
Star Wars 8
Jedi 6
Sith 4
Clones 3
Phantom 2

So Jedi is way better than the last 3 but doesn't compare to the first 2.

Redeeming factor: Naked Leia.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1452 on: April 20, 2015, 02:56:50 PM »
Great, thanks Vick, now I will watch them again tonight. SO much for getting caught up on work thanks a lot.  ;D

Personally I agree the artwork on most of the Star Wars posters is great and worthy of collecting if only from that stand point. So many artists showing some of their best work on one series is amazing to me and rarely if ever seen anywhere else. I a die hard fan of the movies, well the originals anyway, love everything about them including eh toys, advertising, posters, records, all of it. I actually have picture discs on one way from the records. If I ever land a 24 sheet I actually have a wall reserved for it and will put it up.

You might have to scoot KONG out of the way, then, Mike.  ;D

And i want to see that wall... reserved JUST for that (or any 24sh, for that matter)... faint2.gif

-Jeff

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #1453 on: April 20, 2015, 03:19:28 PM »
Agreed, the ewoks were a bit of a let down.  As for naked Leia, let's not bring her into this, lest Mike lose his job...  ;D 

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #1454 on: April 20, 2015, 03:37:17 PM »
Thankfully I work from home so it's safe. Watching Last of the Dogmen while I work now. I do admit that the SW blueray's are sitting less then six inches from my keyboard right now.

For the wall, it is the wall in my loft where my office is right above the living room, 16 feet tall by 26 feet wide. I would need to take down the steel board I use to hang posters with magnets to photograph but I would be happy to sacrifice it for that.
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1455 on: April 20, 2015, 04:18:44 PM »
I think what Jeff is referring to is that in our neck of the woods you would not get a wall like that unless you lived in a $5mil + house.  No kidding, right Jeff?

Impressive.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1456 on: April 20, 2015, 04:26:45 PM »
And even at $5 mil, it might still be a cracker box... somewhere on PCH, just past the Palisades... a nice, cozy 25 x 25 foot "beach bungalow," if you will.

crying

-Jeff

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #1457 on: April 20, 2015, 07:14:25 PM »
Similar in most places here in NJ as well if it were a main wall. In this case it is a back wall of the loft in our condo that butts against the neighbors place so no windows or doors making for the large expanse. I have been half tempted more than once to line it with three and six sheets. Also been thinking real hard about going after one or two of the large magic posters which I also love from the early days. Some spectacular artwork there.
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1458 on: April 20, 2015, 08:16:28 PM »
By the way, what happened to the planned re-releases of Episode 2 and 3?  1 came out in 2012, 2 was supposed to come out in 13 and 3 in 14.  Did someone at Fox realize they're shit?  I'm sure it has something to do with Kennedy taking over Lucasfilm.  I met her years ago and she's amazing.  Lucas out and Kennedy in is what gives me great hope for Force Awakens.  Still, I think Fox should have re-released Star Wars, Empire and Jedi, leading to the Disney flick.

T
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 08:17:38 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #1459 on: April 20, 2015, 08:55:49 PM »
I know if they put IV-VI in theaters again before the new one I would see them all. As for the I-III I thought they disavowed making them and claimed they were fan films.
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1460 on: April 20, 2015, 10:21:34 PM »
Its a brave new world, gentlemen.
Disney and Fox are trying something different this time around
Instead of theaters, why not digital downlands?

http://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwmovies/article/STAR-WARS-The-Digital-Movie-Collection-Released-on-Digital-HD-for-First-Time-Ever-20150407#

http://www.usatoday.com/videos/life/movies/2015/04/07/25398923/

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1461 on: April 21, 2015, 09:17:54 PM »
Desperately trying to finish my Japanese collection.  Theatrical releases only.

Here are 3 BOs (39x62in) to go along the 4 B1s I just got.

Yes, a little Star Wars crazy these days.

T
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 09:20:19 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1462 on: April 21, 2015, 09:23:22 PM »
Wow!

jawdrop

Nice, T!

-Jeff

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #1463 on: April 21, 2015, 09:50:35 PM »
Big congrats on them T!  thumbsup.gif
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #1464 on: April 21, 2015, 10:02:17 PM »
Come on.  Now you're just rubbing it in!

Mirosae

« Reply #1465 on: April 22, 2015, 01:42:24 AM »
I love the poster as well but how can you not love the movie?  Luke having come of age is so confident confronting Jabba, Leia killing him at the Sarlaac pit after freeing Hans from the carbonite, the speeder bikes on Endor…the crazy intense light saber duel with Vader, Vader's fatherly yet pasty appearance...  ROTJ is fucking awesome!   Ok this is not a SW forum, I’ve said enough.  Carry on. coffee

Oh boy. You should be a film critic! ! :)

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #1466 on: April 22, 2015, 09:21:41 AM »
WTF T?  No Empire B0?   :P

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1467 on: April 22, 2015, 02:53:10 PM »
WTF T?  No Empire B0?   :P

I know, right?  I have a lead but I have to wait.  I go through spurts.  It's only because I saw Undead's 3shts that it reminded me that I better get what I can now before greedy collectors like him take it all and there is nothing left for the little people.  I have a feeling that some of these posters are soon going to be impossible to find.

T
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 02:53:39 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1468 on: April 22, 2015, 02:54:38 PM »
Come on.  Now you're just rubbing it in!

Sure, Mr 400 Hungarians.
My Personal Collection

Offline Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #1469 on: April 22, 2015, 03:02:09 PM »
Great stuff, T. Those are really cool. Are B0s on a thicker stock?

I hope we see some cool posters for the new films...different art in different territories instead of recycled images would be nice.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1470 on: April 22, 2015, 03:03:17 PM »
I know, right?  I have a lead but I have to wait.  I go through spurts.  It's only because I saw Undead's 3shts that it reminded me that I better get what I can now before greedy collectors like him take it all and there is nothing left for the little people.  I have a feeling that some of these posters are soon going to be impossible to find.

T

qip

-Jeff

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #1471 on: April 22, 2015, 03:19:40 PM »

T

Not sure but I think I should be offended here.  ;D

At least mine will see the light of day after I buy them.
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1472 on: April 22, 2015, 03:27:23 PM »
There will be more than enough to go around.

;D

-Jeff

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1473 on: April 23, 2015, 01:30:35 PM »
As a side tangent.   :D

"Celebrate Star Wars and George Lucas's Birthday at New Art Exhibition"

https://news.artnet.com/art-world/star-wars-art-exhibition-289366

-Jeff

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #1474 on: April 23, 2015, 03:07:59 PM »
Would love to, too long a drive for me though plus the car is not waterproof.
Just bleach the bitch!