Author Topic: My Zany Home Framed Collection  (Read 147370 times)

Dread_Pirate_Mel

Re: My Zany Home Framed Collection
« Reply #75 on: April 26, 2010, 08:10:36 PM »
seen the movie Mel?

No, I haven't but it looks cool.  Here's the trailer:

"He's ready. Ready to freak you out!  Right out of this world!"

By the way, thank you Erik1925 for posting this poster.  Now I've brazenly stolen your monopoly on this poster!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 09:04:26 PM by Dread_Pirate_Mel »

sergmark

« Reply #76 on: April 29, 2010, 03:43:50 AM »
That's a cool trailer Mel.  8) 8)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #77 on: June 02, 2010, 07:27:48 PM »
It's funny, Mel...  Each one of your posts seems a little more refined than the one before.  Mark my word, before long, your walls will only be adorned with 60s and 70s classics.   :)

T
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 09:49:24 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #78 on: June 02, 2010, 09:09:11 PM »
Looks like you're just about there Mel - walls will be completely covered once you get some lobbies to fill in the spaces!

And the Metropolis looks fantastic framed up on the wall...
Chris

wonka

« Reply #79 on: June 02, 2010, 09:39:28 PM »
Thierry, send me your To Catch a Thief OS as a gift.  :)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 10:07:25 PM by wonka »

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #80 on: June 02, 2010, 09:50:08 PM »
Done...   :o  It's just because I think of you so much.

My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #81 on: July 09, 2010, 07:36:44 PM »
So I got around to framing the Australian commercial Jessica I got from Emovie.  It's very nice but it doesn't quite match and it's not quite as glamorous as the mylar Kilian Jessicas, so I spruced it up a bit.  I bought two 27x20 gold mylar sheets ($20, not too expensive) and used it as backing for the Aussie version.   Now it looks almost as good!

The new Aussie Jessica (with mylar backing):

The mylar backing (with trippy reflection effect):

The Kilian mylars:

The Style E Kilian mylar showing full "glitter" effect:

All three together - I bet these have never been exhibited together:

« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 07:49:51 PM by Dread_Pirate_Mel »

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #82 on: July 09, 2010, 07:54:41 PM »
My God, Mel, you really DO LOVE posters!!!
My Personal Collection

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #83 on: July 10, 2010, 07:16:55 PM »
Excellent.  That is an impressive framed collection.  Did I count 66 frames, and that's not including the Jessica Rabbit mylars?

I haven't seen that Terminator 2 before, probably the best looking poster for that movie, IMHO.

Here is an image of what Mel looks like among other collectors.  :D

scartacus

« Reply #84 on: July 10, 2010, 07:56:34 PM »
Damn you, Mel. I'm developing a pining for some Superfly paper.

Is the Vertigo one sheet from the 90s cinema re-release?

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #85 on: July 11, 2010, 09:28:51 AM »
Vertigo: It's the 1990s video sheet.  Everything else up is original theater.

Frames: I can't keep count.  I've got 10 or so additional frames squirreled away here and there at home and 8 at the office.  I've also got a pile of ten 27.5 x 39 IKEA frames that I need to ditch because they only fit metric B1 posters.  

And I'm not the best collector by any stretch of the imagination - I'm "fortunate (?)" that I'm currently not subject to constraints on time, decoration style, budget, or good taste imposed on me by girlfriends, children, parents, etc., so I can take my collection to the extreme.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 09:41:05 AM by Dread_Pirate_Mel »

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #86 on: July 11, 2010, 07:40:01 PM »
That is a damn fine selection Mel.  Very Nice.

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #87 on: July 11, 2010, 09:18:07 PM »
I'm "fortunate (?)" that I'm currently not subject to constraints on time, decoration style, budget, or good taste imposed on me by girlfriends, children, parents, etc., so I can take my collection to the extreme.

I hear ya, bro.  Life is not all about having a warm apple pie waiting at home (especially if it's not the right apple pie).   :D

Gotta look at the glass as half full, and with the mojo that can be accumulated from an impressive home framed collection, it's only a matter of time before all the ladies are fighting over the guy with the best framed collection, and the Oracle tells me who Trinity is.   :D

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #88 on: July 17, 2010, 03:22:21 PM »
I obviously need a better camera but MWTGG is looking good!

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #89 on: July 18, 2010, 08:47:08 PM »
Outstanding poster, Mel. It adds another slice of class to your monstrous collection!

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #90 on: August 09, 2010, 08:11:10 AM »
Bedroom wackiness - appropriate for someone half my age(!) and obviously too many girls on the wall - but anyway the best is the Sid & Nancy Frenchie:

The corner of shame:

the-jace

« Reply #91 on: September 12, 2010, 02:28:29 PM »
Wow! Really diggin' that collection Mel! I didnt even realize there was a Michelle Rodriguez Machette poster... to evilbay I go!

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #92 on: September 12, 2010, 10:50:49 PM »
Wow! Really diggin' that collection Mel! I didnt even realize there was a Michelle Rodriguez Machette poster... to evilbay I go!

Dude, just keep it up under control.  I just found these pictures of my apartment in February 2009.  I had a grand total of 7 movie posters and 7 movie poster frames plus a few art prints.  

Then things started getting out of control the next month.  A year and a half later, I have 900+ posters and 70 frames in the same apartment.

Offline supraman079

• Global Moderator
  • Collector
    • Supraman079's Poster Website
« Reply #93 on: September 13, 2010, 12:48:09 AM »
The iMac looks nice.

the-jace

« Reply #94 on: September 13, 2010, 10:01:58 AM »
Dude, just keep it up under control.  I just found these pictures of my apartment in February 2009.  I had a grand total of 7 movie posters and 7 movie poster frames plus a few art prints.  

Then things started getting out of control the next month.  A year and a half later, I have 900+ posters and 70 frames in the same apartment.

Too Late! I'm way past out of control. Ok, maybe not 900 posters and 70 frames, but I started just wanting about a dozen posters from my favorite movies. Now I'm at around 150 and 6 frames. I have many of the same ones you do so our movie tastes are aligned.

Course... My "man with the golden gun" is not as cool as yours LOL I have the other version with art similar to Live and Let die (which I also have)

Onward

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #95 on: September 14, 2010, 12:49:24 PM »
Too Late! I'm way past out of control. Ok, maybe not 900 posters and 70 frames, but I started just wanting about a dozen posters from my favorite movies. Now I'm at around 150 and 6 frames.

Thats how it happens. You start out looking for something you like to frame and before you know it you have lost your mind. Love of movies and movie posters is a combo that can lead to disaster.
I dont have quite the Mel 900 and 70 ( That boy is certifiable) either but I have in the 200 range myself ( Many are total crap  8))and I now have 28 frames with three more needed to complete the plan. I have basically wiped myself out....Not that will stop me now. I have however pretty much run out of wall space that I am allowed to use   :P

Mel looking at that before and after I must say it once again...I really love what you have done with the place. The material just keeps on getting better and better.

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #96 on: September 14, 2010, 03:46:23 PM »
Yes, Mel, watching your place transform over these months is very cool.  You should do a slideshow -- one room at a time...it would look like time-lapse photography...

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #97 on: September 18, 2010, 07:45:35 PM »
Hey Mel, I've been wondering - where do you keep all your posters while they are waiting their turn in a frame?
Chris

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #98 on: September 18, 2010, 08:08:25 PM »
Hey Mel, I've been wondering - where do you keep all your posters while they are waiting their turn in a frame?

Poster cabinet in the bedroom "Corner That The Tea Party Would Disapprove Of"

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #99 on: September 18, 2010, 09:24:07 PM »
How many posters do you think that cabinet can hold?
Chris