Author Topic: Blade Runner Screenplay  (Read 4334 times)

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
Blade Runner Screenplay
« on: April 04, 2011, 10:29:16 AM »
Hi guys,

One of my friends has asked me to find out any further information on the following Blade Runner script he has.
I have not added photos and will not do so publicly unless I am given permission by my friend - at the moment he does not wish the photos to be uploaded to any forum. Not my decision, his, and I respect that.

The Item: Blade Runner Screenplay

He has an original studio master of the screenplay for Blade Runner, with annotations.
It is the MIDDLE version of the three screenplays at the time, and has been widely documented and debated over the years regarding its content and the existence within the film of another replicant, and whether Deckard too was a replicant.

It is an extremely rare item, and very sought-after.
The 'Making of Blade Runner' book covers this in great detail.

Bonhams have expressed interest in including it in one of their auctions.
Christies, well, the guys there don't have a clue about it according to my friend (and he deals with Christies quite regularly).

Can anyone else shed a bit of light on this piece, especially with regards to its value, because my friend is wishing to sell it, but he is not sure where to put it? I suggested either Christies, Heritage, or emovieposter.com. He is also not discounting selling the piece privately.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you!
Best wishes,
Adam

Disheveledamethyst

Re: Blade Runner Screenplay
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 10:52:48 AM »
I think you should propose he sell it to me for $11. I will give you a $3 finders fee. Or if you want, I'll tear out a couple of pages and give them to you. This will be perfect for my Jr. High play I'm directing. It's called REPLICANTS?: A MUSICAL ROMP. Starring mostly me.

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 12:04:43 PM »
 laugh1

I'll pass on that, Anthony!
$11 would be a great deal, though, wouldn't it!? Ha!
Best wishes,
Adam

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2011, 08:07:47 PM »
laugh1

I'll pass on that, Anthony!
$11 would be a great deal, though, wouldn't it!? Ha!

Any word on these yet, Adam??

-Jeff

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2011, 09:39:32 PM »
I haven't had a single reply, mate.
I thought Bruce may have replied as it is something he would probably love to include in one of his auctions since Bonhams said to my friend they would start it off at £2,000 if they got it ...

I know people like seeing pictures, but as stated earlier, I cannot post any images without permission.
I have seen it, though, and to me it is fascinating.

Maybe I am asking in the wrong forum anyhow - no disrespect to anyone here.
I will go hunting for major movie forums etc next week.

In the meantime, if anyone wishes to answer my initial question or knows of any Blade Runner nuts and/or collector sites/forums that would be great.
Best wishes,
Adam