Author Topic: Urgent request: What is the fold pattern for an old US 1-sheet?  (Read 5120 times)

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
Urgent request: What is the fold pattern for an old US 1-sheet?
« on: January 18, 2010, 02:18:58 PM »
I need to ship an old poster off today, but I can't tell the proper way to refold it.  It has scotch tape on the back of all the seams (doh!) and it has been rolled for a very long time (double doh!).  Luckily it is going off for restoration...

However, I need to send it with some other flat material so I have to refold it.  I'd like to do it properly, but the folds don't have any "memory" for me to follow and I don't have any older 1-sheets on hand.  I know newer 70s folded posters are folded differently, this is not one of those.  It is from 1952 and has the NSS stamp on the back. 

Thanks!

Bruce

Re: Urgent request: What is the fold pattern for an old US 1-sheet?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 11:08:43 PM »
Most often:

Across the middle
Across the middle again
down the center

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
Re: Urgent request: What is the fold pattern for an old US 1-sheet?
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 11:44:01 PM »
Thanks Bruce!  I actually had to get it in the mail by 6pm (East coast) so I spent some time with my nose against the screen on this page.  I remembered about the detailed comparisons of the early Bonds vs. the reissues and figured I could decipher it from there.  I came up with exactly as you said.  Thanks again!