Author Topic: Which major HONEST dealers have the HIGHEST and LOWEST prices overall?  (Read 52144 times)

Offline ladeda

• Hobbyist
ty rdavey26! :)

Nope - APF remains ad free and oh yeah there are still no honest dealers ;)

where is the love?

Bruce

1) Dave Rosen, Posteropolis Vintage Movie Posters, http://www.posteropolis.com: Dave advertises his stuff on MoPo. Several times I have seen him list new items, and one or more appealed to me, and I found his price fair (as was his shipping), and I went to his site and ordered in a minute or two. I got the items quickly and well packed, and found them accurately described. I highly recommend him!

2) Dale Dilts, regular poster on forums. I have not bought from him, but have read testimonials to how fair his prices are, how wide his selection his, and how he accurately describes everyone. More importantly, I have NEVER read a single negative comment on him!

Bruce

Above are two great ones!

Offline Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
Armin at Posteroid has fair prices and is a helpful chap too, excellent service when I have bought from him in the past - http://www.posteroid.com/

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
Above are two great ones!

What about Rich?

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED

What about Rich?

Cheeky, but he is great to deal with.
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
Re: Which major HONEST dealers have the HIGHEST and LOWEST prices overall?
« Reply #80 on: September 24, 2013, 03:14:43 PM »
What about Rich?

Steve

obviously everyone knows that they get exactly what they're supposed to when they buy from me. I'm a major collector myself and I now what to expect and that's on top of me selling since 1966 and full time since 1976. Until 2005 I was a retailer who did do some auctions on fleaBay, but once I started auctions on MoviePosterBid.com ( I bought the site in April 2006) I got so busy with them that I have been pretty much unable to list set sale merchandise. That is about to change now that I'm really just doing a special auction once a month and have more time. I'm sure that most collectors will feel my prices are right in line with reality and I'll be selling lots of stuff. You can bet on that!

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #81 on: October 09, 2013, 08:02:13 AM »
Well I am someone who has never had a complaint about my purchases from rich, goes above and beyond to help me out. The last mega load was a treat to unpack. Ok, so those "peanuts" or whatever they are called suck. But that's ok. Ha
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #82 on: February 04, 2016, 02:50:17 PM »
Any new additions, deletions, amendments, corrections, praise etc to the discussion at hand?

I did buy from dale dilts last fall; his pricing, packaging, speed of mailing and posters were all top notch & JUST as described!  thumbsup.gif
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 02:56:05 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #83 on: February 04, 2016, 02:55:51 PM »
Not too many honest ones, that's for sure.  I'd think Posteritati is at one end of the spectrum and Bruce at the other.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

• Post-aholic
« Reply #84 on: February 04, 2016, 03:02:18 PM »
Not too many honest ones, that's for sure.  I'd think Posteritati is at one end of the spectrum and Bruce at the other.

T

you don't think Sam at Posteritati is honest?

man, you are really off base T, just like the titling of this thread which is designed to taint dealers as a whole

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder

-------

Online Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #85 on: February 04, 2016, 03:26:45 PM »
for starters he has a poster category called travel and another for political, but when i click on them there are no records found... dontknow.gif

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #86 on: February 04, 2016, 03:28:53 PM »
for starters he has a poster category called travel and another for political, but when i click on them there are no records found... dontknow.gif

Likely means that he just doesnt have any of those genres in stock at the moment.  They are more film-oriented, to a big degree.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 03:30:09 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Online Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #87 on: February 04, 2016, 03:30:31 PM »
Likely means that he just doesnt have any of those genres in stock at the moment.

does it really though Jeff?   ;D
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 03:31:42 PM by Crazy Vick »

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #88 on: February 04, 2016, 03:32:30 PM »
man, you are really off base T, just like the titling of this thread which is designed to taint dealers as a whole

The thread title to me doesn't sound like it taints all dealers...
How does requests for honest dealers with low prices taint them?  dontknow.gif

• Post-aholic
« Reply #89 on: February 04, 2016, 03:39:42 PM »

pretty loose criteria young feller  ;)

-------

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #90 on: February 04, 2016, 03:43:40 PM »

-Jeff

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #91 on: February 04, 2016, 05:22:49 PM »
you don't think Sam at Posteritati is honest?

No, I do not think he is honest.  ANYONE who sells posters x10 above what they sell for at Bruce's or even Rich's auctions is NOT honest.  A scavenger is more like it.

T
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 05:23:54 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

• Post-aholic
« Reply #92 on: February 04, 2016, 05:27:04 PM »
No, I do not think he is honest.  ANYONE who sells posters x10 above what they sell for at Bruce's or even Rich's auctions is NOT honest.  A scavenger is more like it.

T

I totally disagree with you, however you may want to read a post I might get to later

-------

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #93 on: February 04, 2016, 08:02:21 PM »
There are real costs associated with maintaining a B&M store.  Back in the 80s and early 90s, I used to go to a lot of those hole in the wall stores.  I'd avoid Cinemasterpieces, etc as they were beyond my means.  But 25 years later, the little shops are all gone and the pricey ones survive.  So who had the correct strategy?
-Jay-

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #94 on: February 04, 2016, 08:24:55 PM »
Since this topic causes so much rancor, why not simply delete it?
We (eMoviePoster.com) hold 2,500 to 4,000 auctions every four weeks.
We have auctioned more movie paper for more money (in real sales) than any auction in the world.
We have the longest continuously running auctions of any auction, with over 1,914,280 to date from over 3,192 consignors.
See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #95 on: February 04, 2016, 08:40:39 PM »
We don't delete topics, Bruce.  We can close them, but I don't see any reasons to do so here.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #96 on: February 04, 2016, 09:01:33 PM »
How about revising the title?
We (eMoviePoster.com) hold 2,500 to 4,000 auctions every four weeks.
We have auctioned more movie paper for more money (in real sales) than any auction in the world.
We have the longest continuously running auctions of any auction, with over 1,914,280 to date from over 3,192 consignors.
See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #97 on: February 04, 2016, 09:05:34 PM »
To be honest, the title is a bit wordy

Offline mwright

• Hobbyist
« Reply #98 on: February 04, 2016, 09:52:13 PM »
I recently had a great transaction with Wolfgang over at Kinoart.  I checked his prices and they were really good, plus he was such a pleasure to deal with and I got some really great posters that were worth every penny.  Can't say enough about him.  A+

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #99 on: February 04, 2016, 09:56:42 PM »
Wolfgang is definitely one of the good guys, and his prices are fair, which shows that you can be a dealer, be honest and survive.

T
My Personal Collection