Author Topic: What was your "trigger" to begin collecting movie posters?  (Read 18381 times)

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
Re: What was your "trigger" to begin collecting movie posters?
« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2021, 07:38:00 PM »
Yeah, Schan, you went all mystical on us!  I teared up a bit.  Hey, OAFCON is October 2-3, same place as always.  Hope you can make it!  Okie

We were there from 210 to 305.......like last time you were out doing a presentation or something.  The Dawn Patrol 24sh is stunning, btw!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2021, 12:50:45 AM by kovacs01 »
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #51 on: November 01, 2021, 10:20:50 PM »
Darn, sorry to have missed you, Schan.  Wish you could have stayed longer.  Yeah, I was part of the original comic art presentation.  Okie
We were there from 210 to 305.......like last time you were out doing a presentation or something.  The Dawn Patrol 24sh is stunning, btw!

Offline giugno

• Beginner
« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2021, 09:18:50 AM »
Maybe it's as good as any thread to jump on in and introduce myself. Hi all, my name is Corey. I am fairly new to the realm of poster collecting, maybe a little over a year buying a few low-ticket posters here and there.  (At this point doing a lot of research haha -- too worried about getting ripped off). For me that catalyst of course would be first, love of movies. But second to that I work in printing. (unfortunately not movie posters..), but commercial printing nonetheless.  I worked first on the printing presses, now more in the art/graphic department. I just come at it from a love of printed paper and all the processes involved; old and new. Especially beautiful older stone lithography. I love to see the sheer scale and size of some posters, and think of all the labor that went into producing something so striking. And the challenges one would face doing such great work in the 30s or 40s. I hope to gain some more valuable information here

Offline Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #53 on: November 08, 2021, 05:36:32 AM »
Maybe it's as good as any thread to jump on in and introduce myself. Hi all, my name is Corey. I am fairly new to the realm of poster collecting, maybe a little over a year buying a few low-ticket posters here and there.  (At this point doing a lot of research haha -- too worried about getting ripped off). For me that catalyst of course would be first, love of movies. But second to that I work in printing. (unfortunately not movie posters..), but commercial printing nonetheless.  I worked first on the printing presses, now more in the art/graphic department. I just come at it from a love of printed paper and all the processes involved; old and new. Especially beautiful older stone lithography. I love to see the sheer scale and size of some posters, and think of all the labor that went into producing something so striking. And the challenges one would face doing such great work in the 30s or 40s. I hope to gain some more valuable information here

Hi Corey - welcome to the forum!  welcome1

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2021, 11:27:27 AM »

Double whammy of a trigger. Perfect hobby for you!
I love seeing all the 30’s and 40’s paper in person too. Welcome to the forum.