Author Topic: Banksy Signed Print  (Read 3891 times)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Banksy Signed Print
« on: March 05, 2011, 01:46:49 PM »
He is certainly on fire these days.

This limited edition (1 of 10), signed print of his-- entitled Soupcan-- just sold on Ebay for over 8900.00   ;D

Jeff

-Jeff

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: Banksy Signed Print
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 01:51:48 PM »
 jawdrop

I'd take a Warhol any day!

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Re: Banksy Signed Print
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 02:31:42 PM »
Indeed, T... i guess banksy is burning hot at the moment...

I run down in Venice, along the beach and bike paths.. there was a guy that was set up, selling photos he had taken (or received from others) of Banksy material from buildings, either here in LA, NY, the UK etc. He shrunk them down to 8x10 canvases that he printed them onto, then stretched them on small, wooden frames. Nice presentations, have to say. I would stop and chat with him once in a while and he told me this story:

He and a partner, a couple years ago, came across an original Banksy here in LA, and negotiated with the building's owner to actually buy, cut and remove the piece from the exterior wall (and lower it with a crane, as it was up 2 stories). They currently have it in storage and are hoping to make a killing of a sale, sometime soon.

Jeff

-Jeff