Movie Posters > Wanted

Wanted: L.A. Confidential (Rolled only)

(1/3) > >>

Dread_Pirate_Mel:
Looking to replace a reprint I have of this poster.  I'm looking to pay the auction price for this poster, depending on quality.  Heritage has sold six of these in the last two years for the following (average is $41 - all prices are the final sale price, including the infamous buyer's fee):

71 VF
48 VF-
47 VF-
35 VF+
27 VF+
21 FN/VF

This poster is plagued with reprints and video copies.  I'm looking for a true-blue original, sharp lettering, no video insignia (in the lower corner).

marklawd:
You are showing an image of the video poster - Spacey wearing a white jacket - sadly all six Heritage auctions have never correctly described the poster as such. You need to find a full size 27 x 40 poster with Spacey wearing a black jacket - there are undersized reprints - this will be the original US International style. Expect to pay $100 - $200.

Mark

Dread_Pirate_Mel:

--- Quote from: marklawd on December 26, 2009, 05:03:04 PM ---You are showing an image of the video poster - Spacey wearing a white jacket - sadly all six Heritage auctions have never correctly described the poster as such. You need to find a full size 27 x 40 poster with Spacey wearing a black jacket - there are undersized reprints - this will be the original US International style. Expect to pay $100 - $200.

Mark

--- End quote ---

Got this image of the black jacket from MoviePosterDB. So, just to clarify, all originals have the black jacket and all video posters have the white jacket?  That's an easy way to distinguish them!  So did Heritage actually sell video posters as originals?

Update: Cinemasterpieces is showing the white jacket as an original too - including a DS version.

Update2: LearnAboutMoviePosters appears to clarify this - probably should have checked that first.  The International LA Confidential does have the black jacket.

marklawd:
The black jacket is the original US International so long as it is full-sized. The white jacket is a video poster. Dave is maybe describing the US Regular which comes double-sided - but showing the wrong picture!

Mark

Dread_Pirate_Mel:

--- Quote from: marklawd on December 26, 2009, 05:30:52 PM ---The black jacket is the original US International so long as it is full-sized. The white jacket is a video poster. Dave is maybe describing the US Regular which comes double-sided - but showing the wrong picture!

Mark

--- End quote ---

Wow - I can't believe Heritage has been selling video posters as originals!  But it's true.  Here is a Heritage sale specifically advertised as an "international" version.  But Spacey is wearing a white jacket and the super-sized enlargement shows the "Warner Home Video" text.

UPDATE: Emovieposter got it right - this international sold for $20 a few months ago (too bad I missed that).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version