Author Topic: What's on your walls?  (Read 544509 times)

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
Re: What's on your walls?
« Reply #75 on: August 27, 2010, 05:32:40 PM »
Still my favorite all-time Western. About time I hunted down a poster for it....

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #76 on: August 27, 2010, 05:50:10 PM »
Hey Neo,

you could always build one. Pretty simple to do and I know a few people on this forum has done it. I think Holiday was the first and I used some of his techniques to build mine. I know Chad, Supraman079 has also built one.

Chad's: http://web.mac.com/supraman079/iWeb/Movie%20Poster%20Collection/Lightbox.html

Here is mine: http://www.moviepostermadness.com/Movie_Poster_Madness/Light_Boxes.html

I cant get Holiday's link to work - Hey Holiday fix your "old site" link

Cj

That's cool, CJ.  Those boxes look excellent, like they were professionally made.  How much did the raw materials cost for each, around $250?  If so, building one myself would be a good way to save a few Benjamin Franklins.  You guys have inspired me to look into building my own!   :D

Offline idioteque

• Hobbyist
« Reply #77 on: August 27, 2010, 08:29:53 PM »
One of my favourites. Great to see it framed Cj. Cool.

Just switched out my Goonies Map Style 1 Sheet for this. I found it when I was going through my flat file, I forgot all about it.

Offline Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #78 on: August 28, 2010, 10:12:18 AM »
Love that art for 'The Outlaw Josey Wales'. Fine film too!

Here is one of my fave quads...

« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 04:28:32 PM by Tob »

Offline joneyyy

• Collector
« Reply #79 on: August 28, 2010, 10:29:22 AM »
fantastic tob!! 8)

Offline Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #80 on: August 28, 2010, 10:59:24 AM »

scartacus

« Reply #81 on: August 28, 2010, 01:25:46 PM »
The ferris quad is great but it's one of those posters that looks even better framed -- the black frame boxing off all that white space.

Offline Cj

• Hobbyist
« Reply #82 on: August 28, 2010, 01:29:50 PM »
Thanks everyone for the kind words.

Tob that looks great framed.

Here are a few other pics of what I have hanging up. I switched out the Alice posters in my light box for some Tarantino. I try to hang something appealing to my 7 year old daughter and try not to put violent posters up but, i really wanted to display these and they will probably only be up for a day before I change them out.

I decided to hang my B1 of Kill Bill

And aslo a B2 for Pulp Fiction

And finally, I switched out my Alamo Prints a while ago and replaced them with some Ibraheem Youseff art prints. The pics did not turn out well but the prints look much better in person as most do.

Juli

« Reply #83 on: August 28, 2010, 02:48:50 PM »
Cj - I LOVE those Tarantino posters you put up!!

~ Juli

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #84 on: August 28, 2010, 03:31:34 PM »
Yeah CJ...Your place was great before but I love the changes. BTW Those light boxes are awesome!

I wish I hadnt blown so much cash the last couple of months cause some of that stuff you are selling is calling my name  8)

Anyway...I recently hung my Pulp Fiction B2 along with a newly aquired Lebowski.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 04:00:04 PM by Zorba »

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #85 on: August 29, 2010, 01:41:04 PM »
Yeah CJ...Your place was great before but I love the changes. BTW Those light boxes are awesome!

I wish I hadnt blown so much cash the last couple of months cause some of that stuff you are selling is calling my name  8)

Anyway...I recently hung my Pulp Fiction B2 along with a newly aquired Lebowski.

Great color schemes in you apartment Zorba.... all the posters compliment the walls..  thumbup

Stew

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #86 on: September 05, 2010, 09:37:21 AM »
P.S. Can anybody loan me a time machine so I can go back to March of last year and tell myself "BUY POSTERS LIKE THIS - NOT CHEESEBALL US ONE SHEETS"!  

I'm pretty sure we were telling you that at the time... you just weren't listening  ;)

Glad to see your Repulsion up!  It looks fantastic.

Meansheets

« Reply #87 on: September 09, 2010, 04:33:14 PM »
Mel's REPULSION post brings up an excellent point...Has anybody else's poster tastes changed dramatically since they started collecting?

For me personally, I used to love the cheeseball '70s and '80s US posters with their corny/witty taglines--but am now focusing on pre-70's non-US posters.

Does this mean I've evolved aesthetically or just become anti-American? And how come it seems that nobody starts off buying beautiful Polish or French 2panels and then declines into cheap Harry Potter repros?

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #88 on: September 09, 2010, 04:44:00 PM »
My very first poster was a 1968 Belgian and my second was a 1957 Polish (1961 release).

Maybe there is still time for me to come to my senses....

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #89 on: September 09, 2010, 05:34:04 PM »
Mel's REPULSION post brings up an excellent point...Has anybody else's poster tastes changed dramatically since they started collecting?

Does this mean I've evolved aesthetically or just become anti-American? And how come it seems that nobody starts off buying beautiful Polish or French 2panels and then declines into cheap Harry Potter repros?

It's the 1990s/2000s Photoshop montage posters in my collection that bug me now.  Why in the world did I buy them?  I threw away 50 or so of them in disgust.  I still like the 60s/70s illustrated posters. 

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #90 on: September 09, 2010, 05:37:44 PM »
It's the 1990s/2000s Photoshop montage posters in my collection that bug me now.  Why in the world did I buy them?  I threw away 50 or so of them in disgust.  I still like the 60s/70s illustrated posters. 

Your conversion is nearly complete!
Chris

guest8

« Reply #91 on: September 09, 2010, 06:00:54 PM »
  I threw away 50 or so of them in disgust. 

NOOO!!!!! Mel Dont toss them all .. Let me know Ill be more than happy to send you $ for shipping !!! :)

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #92 on: September 09, 2010, 06:43:36 PM »
NOOO!!!!! Mel Dont toss them all .. Let me know Ill be more than happy to send you $ for shipping !!! :)

laugh1

The conversion has gone too far too fast  :P

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #93 on: September 09, 2010, 06:47:57 PM »
Me and my posters have been kicked out of the house.  As of today, I don't have a single poster on display in the house.  I have three in my Man Room, but that's it.  It's kind of sad, really.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #94 on: September 09, 2010, 06:50:07 PM »
Me and my posters have been kicked out of the house.

Based on that statement, does that mean YOU are living in your Man Room as well?  Yikes!  Did you two get in an argument over Machete?

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #95 on: September 09, 2010, 07:01:44 PM »
Based on that statement, does that mean YOU are living in your Man Room as well?  Yikes!  Did you two get in an argument over Machete?

laugh1

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #96 on: September 09, 2010, 07:05:51 PM »

I am in it right now, and yes, I spend most of my time in it.  I love it.

And no, there is no argument to have over Machete.  I will only argue about what's worth arguing about.

:)
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline CJ138

• Collector
« Reply #97 on: September 10, 2010, 09:38:32 PM »
I apologize in advance for any glares or blurry pictures.  Looking at whats on my walls its pretty easy to see what I am into...

http://s271.photobucket.com/albums/jj147/cjwash/Movie%20Posters/?albumview=slideshow
Lowering the brow of APF since 2010.

guest8

« Reply #98 on: September 10, 2010, 09:52:49 PM »
Ohh not too many of those Nightmare quads floating around out there ..

Offline Cj

• Hobbyist
« Reply #99 on: September 10, 2010, 10:38:30 PM »
I apologize in advance for any glares or blurry pictures.  Looking at whats on my walls its pretty easy to see what I am into...

http://s271.photobucket.com/albums/jj147/cjwash/Movie%20Posters/?albumview=slideshow

Some good horror posters displayed CJ138. Welcome to APF!

Cj