Author Topic: What's on your walls?  (Read 535370 times)

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
Re: What's on your walls?
« Reply #2100 on: January 09, 2022, 12:45:12 PM »
Not sure what the Thierry bit is all about...

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #2101 on: January 09, 2022, 01:52:43 PM »
Three Thierry hates "Thierry hates "French Grande""s.  From Russia with Love, For Your Eyes Only, Octopussy in the living room. An Italian 4 Foglio Thunderball on the stairs, a US 30x40 Man with the Golden Gun in the Bedroom, another Italian 4 Foglio Dr No in the Living room. 

See, and you were wondering who buys every year at the Christie's Bond auction
The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

Online riley540

• Beginner
« Reply #2102 on: January 11, 2022, 01:07:06 PM »
Just got this one hung up today!

Offline Starling

• Collector
« Reply #2103 on: January 11, 2022, 04:27:14 PM »
Oooohhhh that looks gorgeous!  Love the framing/matting choice. Beautiful!  bed1 bed1 bed1

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #2104 on: January 12, 2022, 05:08:02 AM »
Very classy!!

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #2105 on: January 14, 2022, 09:35:09 PM »
Looking good, Riley540! Okie

Offline redman

• Collector
« Reply #2106 on: February 23, 2022, 05:51:31 PM »
olga korbut, back in the cccp, 1980

i got two of these  ;D also got one above piano

Offline redman

• Collector
« Reply #2107 on: February 23, 2022, 05:58:07 PM »
Irma la Douce (1963)

^ french 1p - art by Jan Mara
i put this up at weekend. it looks great but i might move it to another wall

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2108 on: February 23, 2022, 11:29:38 PM »
I like this a lot!

thumbsup.gif

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Heather_Mason_SH3

• Beginner
« Reply #2109 on: March 03, 2022, 12:33:45 PM »
I was finally able to get more frames and did some reorganization of my walls. I took down all of my old Shout Factory posters (they were in cheap frames and falling apart) and put a few that continued the theme of slasher posters.
I put up Killer Workout, Sorority House Massacre (1 and 2), and the Last Slumber Party.

I also took down a few old video store posters I had in cheap frames in my room and replaced them.
I put up Valley Girl, The Vals, and Snowballing while moving Tomboy to the end of the wall.

Last is my "bikini movie" wall. These are just fun movies to laugh at, usually with some great music to go along with it.

I'm at the point where I'm running out of wall space and have room for maybe three or four more posters if I'm lucky.
Definitely hoping to move into a bigger place sooner rather than later so I can get more hung up and properly displayed, I hate having so many beautiful posters put away!

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #2110 on: March 07, 2022, 09:54:31 PM »
Irma la Douce (1963)

^ french 1p - art by Jan Mara
i put this up at weekend. it looks great but i might move it to another wall

Oooo... I like that one, too!  thumbsup.gif

Just got this one hung up today!

Classic and classy! Very VERY NICE!!!

I was finally able to get more frames and did some reorganization of my walls. I took down all of my old Shout Factory posters (they were in cheap frames and falling apart) and put a few that continued the theme of slasher posters.
I put up Killer Workout, Sorority House Massacre (1 and 2), and the Last Slumber Party.

I also took down a few old video store posters I had in cheap frames in my room and replaced them.
I put up Valley Girl, The Vals, and Snowballing while moving Tomboy to the end of the wall.

Last is my "bikini movie" wall. These are just fun movies to laugh at, usually with some great music to go along with it.

I'm at the point where I'm running out of wall space and have room for maybe three or four more posters if I'm lucky.
Definitely hoping to move into a bigger place sooner rather than later so I can get more hung up and properly displayed, I hate having so many beautiful posters put away!

I'm digging them. Most are not what I'd go after--but I still dig it. I have an ANGEL (I think), but not sure about any of the sequels. I also have a SORORITY HOUSE MASSACRE--but that sequel poster is a wowzer. Never saw that before, I don't think. I have (I think) a VALLEY GIRL...but that VALS poster has intrigued me. i think I've mentioned it before.
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Offline Heather_Mason_SH3

• Beginner
« Reply #2111 on: March 08, 2022, 08:30:41 PM »
I'm digging them. Most are not what I'd go after--but I still dig it. I have an ANGEL (I think), but not sure about any of the sequels. I also have a SORORITY HOUSE MASSACRE--but that sequel poster is a wowzer. Never saw that before, I don't think. I have (I think) a VALLEY GIRL...but that VALS poster has intrigued me. i think I've mentioned it before.
I still remember how proud I was to finally have a "full" wall when I completed the Angel trilogy posters and hung them up. I only have the video posters for all three so I'll have to grab the theatrical posters sometime since I love the movies that much - and Betsy Russell. ;D
Yeah the Massacre sequel poster is amazing - although I still think it's insane how the asking price jumped to $300-$400 when I got mine for less than $30 not even a year ago...I'm glad I caught it when I did. It's not up yet but I also have the video release poster for the first which is about the size of a theatrical insert poster.
Thanks for checking them out.

I've started thinking about what to do with my remaining wall space and I think I've decided to put up my Tuff Turf, Savage Streets, and 3:15 Moment Of Truth posters since they are similar themes and they're some of my favorites.

Offline Stefano

• Hobbyist
« Reply #2112 on: May 25, 2022, 01:22:17 AM »
olga korbut, back in the cccp, 1980

i got two of these  ;D also got one above piano

Oh my gosh, this is so cool!  Anyone who who follows gymnastics should know Olga Korbut for her killer bars routines (I think half of those moves are illegal today because they're so dangerous).  She captured the heart of many around the world, at a time when there were such strong political tensions among nations.  Amazing piece of gymnastics history!  Very cool to see this in a vintage scene.

Offline steve5635

• Beginner
« Reply #2113 on: March 06, 2023, 02:55:47 PM »

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #2114 on: March 06, 2023, 04:44:58 PM »
Nice selection, Steve. Love the Warriors (one sheet and print) and that PCC Jaws too.

Offline steve5635

• Beginner
« Reply #2115 on: March 07, 2023, 10:53:41 AM »
thank you, tooo many posters, not enough wall space.

Offline decrynne

• Beginner
« Reply #2116 on: March 21, 2023, 03:43:41 AM »

Offline redman

• Collector
« Reply #2117 on: April 24, 2023, 03:20:54 PM »

^recently put up this italian 4-fogli - just about fits!
(ceiling is lowered, floor raised in this part of room)
must be a nightmare to have a frame that big, doubt i could get it in my flat ha
i made a polyester sleeve for each piece and attached each piece to the wall separately - i recommend this method and will do it again

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #2118 on: May 07, 2023, 02:15:17 AM »
redman: How appropriate. "THE APARTMENT" in an apartment! And congrats on just squeezing it in (barely)!  thumbsup.gif
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2119 on: October 03, 2023, 10:47:14 PM »
In the spirit of Halloween, and because my kids asked me to, I decided to unearth this little guy and put it up for a month.  It is unfortunately too large to fit the frame so I folded back the credits part at the bottom.  It still looks okay and it's actually the first time I see it since I bought it almost 10 years ago.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Antoine1973

• Collector
« Reply #2120 on: October 04, 2023, 09:15:17 AM »
In the spirit of Halloween, and because my kids asked me to, I decided to unearth this little guy and put it up for a month.  It is unfortunately too large to fit the frame so I folded back the credits part at the bottom.  It still looks okay and it's actually the first time I see it since I bought it almost 10 years ago.

T

Nice, and I really love that custom frame (I believe you mentioned once that your brother-in-law built it for you)!

Offline pcarnette

• Beginner
  • Boldy Going... Into Debt
« Reply #2121 on: October 04, 2023, 10:05:47 AM »

T

Beautiful! This film and Barbarella are amongst films where I adore the poster art way more than the film itself.

Offline bigmike

• Collector
« Reply #2122 on: October 04, 2023, 10:35:10 AM »
Very Nice T!

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #2123 on: October 04, 2023, 10:58:17 AM »
I love that poster. Gorgeous.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2124 on: October 04, 2023, 02:45:49 PM »
Beautiful! This film and Barbarella are amongst films where I adore the poster art way more than the film itself.

I actually really like War of the Worlds the movie, but I do agree on Barbarella.  So iconic though.  I did have a poster on my walls a while back.

But now that I've checked what was on my walls in the past, this is the one I want to bring back.  I love that one.

T
My Personal Collection